* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 191377 times)

0 Members

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
Re: Humira Experiences ~ Part 2
« Reply #150 on: 19/03/11, 15:20 »
Tina I think the gap wont make a difference as humira takes a while to work but if you are retesting I would use the day of intralipid to time it. I'm only guessing this but some clinics use intralipid without humira so it must act seperately.

Jo- thanks hun- I am now on prontogest as well as the 800mg of utrogestan I was taking- My second beta was 166 so it has doubled.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tina K

• Izzy
    modify
    « Reply #151 on: 19/03/11, 18:48 »
    Hi Morrigan
    Thanks very much for the info.
    Congratulations on your BFP
    Tina x

Offline May-be

modify
    « Reply #152 on: 19/03/11, 18:54 »
    Hi girls,
    Hope everyone is having good weekend.
    Morrigan, congratulations!!! Fantastic!!!

I thought i'd share some info with you girls.
    I took one round of Humira last September and my TNFa went down from 36% to 31,2% (roughly 5% down) and at that time i didn't take any supplements or wasn't on any diet. Mr T was satisfied with the result.
    I retested TNFa end of Jan as I wanted to be sure i still will be ok for mid March tx. Unfortunately my TNFa went up to 39% in only 4 months.
    I took second round of Humira, but this time was really desperate to make it right and took few supplements and got rid of gluten, wheat and diary from my diet. This time the level of TNFa went down from 39,3% to 28,6% (almost 11% down).
    I can't be sure what exactly helped but just in case i still will take my supplements and follow the diet.
    I was taking about 2000mg-2500mg of DHA & EPA in Omega 3, extract from green tea x2, turmeric capsules x3, Vit D3 5000iu, Borage Oil x4 (high strength).   
    Good luck to everyone who is testing soon!
    Gx

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #153 on: 19/03/11, 19:37 »
    Thanks Gosia- Ive not heard of borage oil for it before- I'm taking omega 3 and vit d3 and tumeric but only really started from 2nd injection- definietely think they help.

Offline May-be

modify
    « Reply #154 on: 19/03/11, 19:57 »
    Borage oil is the same what starflower oil. Although not sure 100% if it can be taken when you are pregnant as it's similar to Evening Primrose Oil. It consist GLA.
    Gx

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #155 on: 19/03/11, 20:01 »
    borage oil = starflower oil = similar to evening primrose oil = source of GLA, an omega 6 - there is some limited evidence to suggest GLA is anti-inflammatory, but there seems to be a bit more evidence for omega 3 fish oils

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #156 on: 19/03/11, 20:53 »
    Oh I see - I'd heard the balance of omega 3/6 that was important. Always something to learn !

Offline May-be

modify
    « Reply #157 on: 20/03/11, 14:03 »
    Hi girls,
    I have a quick question regarding Humira.
    Did anyone felt joints pain, which was spreading to the bones? It's not too bad but I can definitely feel it.
    I thought you are getting these symptoms only if you flare, but in my case Humira worked the magic. Now of course i'm being paranoid that maybe TNFa went up since my last test, which was only on March 9th. I know, it's a bit crazy... :-[

Have a lovely relaxing Sunday everyone!
    Gx

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #158 on: 20/03/11, 14:08 »
    I got that symptom and mine went down - i thought i was getting the flu- I can't remember who long it lasted for

Offline butterflies4ever

• Gold Member
    • Summer time!!
    modify
    « Reply #159 on: 20/03/11, 18:58 »
    Hello ladies
    Could anyone advise? I had my second Humira injection on 6th March. I haven't been able to get retested yet but will this week (long trip to London).
    The thing is that I have to start down reggging in about 25 days depending on (AF). I put a question on another thread as to whether it was therefore worth testing (as I can't really do anything about result). I have been told (thank you Carmella) that Humira shuts down the ovaries so I need to wait 2-3 months. If this is the case, I am in trouble. I am gutted as I wasn't told that by Dr G. Could anyone help? Thank you.
    I was also told that when i start the humira that i will have to wait up to 3 months before embarking on IVF
    Dr Gorgy said that it has an effect of putting your eggs to sleep. I was a bit distraught as i planned to start the stimming process 2 wks later & so my head was all over the place because i'd already booked accommodation & flights but if i need to wait longer to get a positive result, then so be it. I'm not sure why some of us are told different things but i thought i share my view.

Electra x