* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 192677 times)

0 Members

Offline urbangirl

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Humira Experiences ~ Part 2
« Reply #180 on: 2/04/11, 18:54 »
Thank you, Agate, I can understand more why it would be worth it now, so will probably do for the next cycle.  Meanwhile I'm going to check out whether i should try and fit in an intralipid before I start this cycle next week, anyone here had them abroad (the US)?  I've no idea how to get it sorted there.  I have time to have one in London but that would be it...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline angela123

modify
    « Reply #181 on: 2/04/11, 18:55 »
    Thanks helana, I am due for intralipid shots before my cycle.........also I was only 7 days when tested.........apparently it can still be coming down.....and frankly I still feel like crap on a stick.....

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #182 on: 2/04/11, 19:12 »
    urbangirl: you could try asking on the yahoo reproductive immunology group to see if there is someone having intralipids in the area where you are going who can tell you?   and/or you could try the SIRM boards?

Offline urbangirl

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #183 on: 2/04/11, 20:55 »
    Thanks alot, Agate, I had no idea where to start looking.  Will check them out now.  :)

Offline angela123

modify
    « Reply #184 on: 2/04/11, 21:37 »
    agate, could you give me your view on if I should have another humira injection..........thanks

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #185 on: 2/04/11, 21:56 »
    angela: its a tricky and personal decision, but I think maybe I would go ahead without another shot of humira if time and money is tight... my TNFa was at about that level when I got pg with BB and it worked out ok.  Also, your LAD levels before having LIT are much better than mine even AFTER I had LIT... so if money is really tight, maybe I'd skimp on the LIT too and use the money for an extra ILs drip (and the rest in case you use it for more immunes later for pg/DE)? but, there is no way to be sure - Dr G will tend to suggest everything he feel might help - 'all guns blazing' but there is no way to be sure whether you really need absolutely everything, or even if it can realistically be enough to 'bring home baby' if egg quality might be a big part of the problem.   An extra ILs seems like a reasonable value for money compromise for this OE as an outsider- but you have to go with your gut.

Offline angela123

modify
    « Reply #186 on: 3/04/11, 16:28 »
    Thanks Agate, once again great advice..............will take Dr G advice and if i have more humira..... then miss out LIT maybe........... egg quailty is an issue so perhaps makes more sense to keep that in mind......... thanks again........

Offline Rome2304

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #187 on: 5/04/11, 00:05 »
    Hi,
    Hope somebody can help me out, can you take AB'S for Chlamydia while having humria?

Many thanks, Rome 

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #188 on: 5/04/11, 08:35 »
    yes, dr g seems to advise that you can, but personally, I would be more comfortable taking the antiBs first if possible, so that your immune system is not suppressed when you are trying to get rid of the bug and also, if you get side effects, if you are taking both antiBs and humira you might not know which one is the problem for you?  but I am sure you can confirm with your doc and I think they will probably say its ok to combine them.

Offline Rome2304

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #189 on: 5/04/11, 11:44 »
    Thanks Agate, Will start AB's before humria then.

Rome