* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 191110 times)

0 Members

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
Re: Humira Experiences ~ Part 2
« Reply #20 on: 22/01/11, 21:49 »
Tweetie pie big hugs - I had twitchy eye in the first week I took it although I had it before to - I googled it to death and couldn't find that it was caused by anything terrible but sometimes magnesium or calcium deficiency - I added calc/magnesium to my many vitamins !! And it's disappeared !

How thick is your White coat on your Tongue ? My acupuncturist us always looking at my Tongue - I generally have White coating but apparently it's changed consistency- you can get stuff for oral thrush but you could just try eating some bio yoghurt.

You could always ask clinic/doctor who prescribed if your really worried - I was warned about side effects leaflet and I still read it - still terrified me !

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tweetiepie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 22/01/11, 22:12 »
    Hi Morrigan

:-*   I have done a few oogle searches and found a few scarey stuff about Humira.  It seems that eye twitching is quite a common side effect. 

I came across one post where this woman was prescribed Humira and she has had all sorts of neurological problems...  :-\   

Dh doesn't want me to take any further doses, and to be honest I am a little freaked out.  I have read that it can cause muscle weakness too so maybe thats soething to do with it... its just mega weird to get his twitching eye for a whole week, on and off, quite a lot of the day...

My tongue just looks pale and it feels like its very dry and like its been burnt by hot soup or something.  I will try some oral gel I thin, thanks...

I did mention the twitching and the Dr reccomended taking IVIG too just to boost and support my antibodies in general. I will give it a go.

I wanted to give it the best shot this time but, I have managed to scare myself...  :-\   :-\   :-\

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 22/01/11, 22:27 »
    I had obviously not googled humira with eye twitch ! Magnesium worked for me phew !

I think the one thing it doesn't list as a side effect should be paranoia about illness !

I have almost decided I will do double intralipid infusion if this doesn't work instead of more humira as I felt so dreadful on it - I wish I could make my descions without constantly trying to second guess how I'll feel if I do x and it's a bfn if you know what I mean !

I hope you feel better soon- I'm sure you will be fine but it is all worrying isn't it.

Offline Tweetiepie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 22/01/11, 22:34 »
    Maybe I should just take some magnesium then  ;D

But no, on a serious note, it has scared me, and its not just paranoia, it makes me actually realise the risks I am taking...

I kind of decided I am willing to do it all this time, but this side effect has scared me... I suppose, whatever I decide, I will have to accept that I had to make a decision based on my gut instinct, and I must say, my gut instinc has never really failed me yet... so maybe I should just not take any more Humira.  I have taken Intralipids and will probably do a 2nd dose... as well as IVIG and steroids... but I think I may skip the 2nd lot of humira and just hope and pray that IL do the trick.

Thanks for your messages  :-* ^hugme^

Tweets xxx

Offline MissyMinx

• I love bubbles. xx
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 23/01/11, 16:35 »
    Hi Ladies, huge  ^hugme^  to all.  I'm sitting here pondering as I'm due to inject my second lot of Humira, and I keep procrastinating, I'll just put one more load of laundry in etc etc.  I need to bite the bullet and get on with it.  I came on here to see how you're all doing, and it seems as though we're seeing quite a lot of people flare after their initial Humira, what a nuisance ^hugme^ .  I hope it settles for everyone.  I'm cautiously pleased, as even after 2 jabs (I did one before Christmas too), my eczema has settled down a lot.  I'm hoping to goodness that's a positive sign, and I'm certainly feeling the benefit of not having painful skin.  My AF has gone completely up the wall, fingers crossed that'll sort itself out too.

I've tried not to google the side effects as I'm going gung ho for this last tx, and I don't want to find myself either scared or looking for side effects that I may not have.  My eyes have brightened up again and gone a bit whiter instead of pale yellow, so I'll make a note and see if that happens again with the next dose.  I do hope that you're all ok though, sending you all  ^hugme^

Love,

Em.x

Offline MissyMinx

• I love bubbles. xx
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 23/01/11, 16:49 »
    Done - stingy  :o  but all ok.  Now, back to the laundry ::) ...  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ xx xx xx

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 23/01/11, 18:05 »
    MissyMinx:  Well done on doing the stab; I don't know what's worse, doing laundry or having to do a humira shot?   ::) ;D   It does sound like good news re your eczema; fingers crossed for your re-test  ^reiki^

Offline nypee

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 24/01/11, 13:47 »
    Hi Lulu,

Thanks for your note - I have to wait for my test which will take place 2 weeks from this Wednesday - guess then takes a week from then to get the results. Have had no side effects at all - wish I had as it makes me think that perhaps for the 2nd time, it is having no impact??

Have a good week.

Nypee

Offline Tomo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 27/01/11, 16:41 »
    Hi Ladies,

I haven't been on FF for a long time.  Just starting our final go and injected Humira for the first time last Friday.  On Saturday I started with a funny feeling in my throat the only way to describe it is like tonsilitus (sp?) without the pain feels a little swollen.  Yesterday i started with pains in my tummy and feels like I've pulled all the muscles in it.. feel pretty rough.  Is this right?

x

Offline Tama

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 27/01/11, 17:02 »
    Hi Tomo, after my 1st humira shot I had a sore throat and joint pain most days but I think everyone can feel different. I am due to take my 2nd shot tonight  :o  so will see what that brings with it! Good luck hun  ^hugme^  xx