* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 192675 times)

0 Members

Offline Amily

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Humira Ladies ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Experiences)
« Reply #210 on: 12/04/11, 12:38 »
Good luck, Tina.
Did you get the IViG done?

^hugme^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hope ^J^

modify
    « Reply #211 on: 12/04/11, 13:29 »
    Springflower - supposedly mine on the 15th but TDL take immunes blood monday to weds mornings only to send to RFU in chicago. I'm with you we just hope wait and see that humira for us and your hidden c abx's works ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Tina - did you get the drip?

Hope all are well in this sunny tuesday x x

Offline Tina K

• Izzy
    modify
    « Reply #212 on: 12/04/11, 22:44 »
    Hello again
    Thanks so much for the support -such a friendly group of girls. Thank you!
    I did get iVIG but only 10g as isida wouldn't condone any higher dose - they normally only do 2.5g maximum and it took me a lot of convincing to get to 10g.
    So I don't know if this will have any effect but that's it now. Dr gorgy is away so I can't ask for advice on anything else I can do.
    Good luck to everyone - there are some great success stories on here.
    Love tina x

Offline Amily

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #213 on: 13/04/11, 09:39 »
    Good luck Tina! ^hugme^

Offline Tokii

modify
    « Reply #214 on: 14/04/11, 07:29 »
    Hi Ladies,

Do you mind if I join you. I've just received my cytokines result and it's 32. I'm in two minds about having Humira. I had it in 2009 and my levels went from 42.8 to 49 to 53.4 after 4 injections and was very ill afterwards that I only recovered after having an IVig infusion. Although I've heard that Dr G has started introducing Intralipids after the second injection.

I've been on Resveratrol and not too strict Gluten free diet since 2009 as a result and my result was 31.3 last summer which hasn't increased that much since. ARGC wants me to have Humira but has anyone refused and gone to have a BFP.

Many thanks Ladies

Tokii

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #215 on: 14/04/11, 17:05 »
    tokii- I didn't refuse as I had one lot of humira and brought my levels down from 38.6 to 30.0- i then refused a further dose and had two lots of intralipids as well- I did get a BFp but I guess you would want to wait till I'm a bit further along before I say it was the right descion - I am sure if anything goes wrong I will think I was wrong!! and I havn't had any retests yet. Such a hard descion- I have to say given you history of flaring I would be cautious but presumably the clinic know what happened last time so they must of taken that into account with there advise. If only the test was easy and cheap and then we could just have IL and retest and see what happens! Have they offered you IVIG instead of Humira as you know that worked before? Its all such a gamble.

good luck Tina

Angela- hows it going?

Offline Amily

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #216 on: 14/04/11, 17:11 »
    Hi Tokii
    I am no expert but as it did not work last time and made you ill, I can see why you're reluctant. My result did not go down with humira (2 injections, went up a bit) though I know it then comes down for some ladies. Too expensive for me at the moment. Am having 2 x intralipids during stimming.
    Good luck with your decision.

Offline Tokii

modify
    « Reply #217 on: 14/04/11, 17:17 »
    Thanks Amily and Morrigan, got the call today to choose between Intralipids and Humira and I chose Intralipids of course :) . At least that is been sorted out now.

Tokii

Offline helana74

• Gold Member
    • Me 39 DH 37
    modify
    « Reply #218 on: 14/04/11, 17:19 »
    Tokii - I too have opted for steroids and intralipids over humira and my TNF is 38.6!

I think the results from CARE in Nottingham are very encouraging so far and we decided to try this round on this protocol.

Best of luck!
    xH

Offline Amily

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #219 on: 14/04/11, 17:21 »
    Glad to hear you have got things sorted, Tokii.
    About the same as mine, helana! Good luck to us both! How many intralipids are you having? Yes, read about those good results at CARE.