* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 192767 times)

0 Members

Offline Elisa9876

modify
Re: Humira Ladies ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Experiences)
« Reply #230 on: 19/04/11, 22:12 »
Hi,
We did it, my first Humira shot. Never thought I would let my DH near me with a syringe. He did pretty well although it was sore.
x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tina K

• Izzy
    modify
    « Reply #231 on: 20/04/11, 05:11 »
    Hello everyone
    After an horrendous 2ww with classic symptoms of a BFN such as horrendous night sweats and yellow CM I tested positive on a pee stick yesterday at 8dp5dt.
    I was and still am totally shocked - I thought it was a negative so much that I drank a couple of beers, started to reduce my prednisolone and almost stopped the gestone.
    I am definitely not out of the woods though as my bHCG is low (for me). I have had iVIG yesterday and another test on thursday to see if it's doubled.
    My history is always a relatively high bHCG and so I am worried that as I have had terrible night sweats etc which has always meant a negative previously, that my body is rejecting the pregnancy and that levels will be going down - I can only wait to find out I suppose.
    Previously, levels at 9dp5dt have been 169 (1st pregnancy - missed miscarriage 9 weeks)
    158 (2nd pregnancy - missed miscarriage at 9 weeks
    148 3rd pregnancy and daughter born
    511 (8dp5dt - twins miscarried at 7w)
    So compared to these levels do seem very low which is not normal for me.
    Will let you know after Thursday but it just goes to show, even with the worst tnfa levels you can get implantation.
    Thanks for all your support
    Tina

Offline Tina K

• Izzy
    modify
    « Reply #232 on: 20/04/11, 05:13 »
    Forgot to put my levels for this pregnancy which are 69 at 8dp5dt. Which are low I think, for me based on history.
    Take care
    Tina

Offline Tina K

• Izzy
    modify
    « Reply #233 on: 20/04/11, 07:34 »
    Hi girls
    This is such a nightmare!
    Clear blue yesterday, positive - went for bloods and iVIG.
    Clear blue this morning negative but no control line has appeared - what does that mean?
    Now brown spotting too.
    don't think it's looking good and might try and get a blood test today - would be good to get closure.
    Messes with your head
    Tina x

Offline Elisa9876

modify
    « Reply #234 on: 20/04/11, 08:16 »
    Tina,
    If you have no control line it sounds like the test hasn't worked. I think it would make sense to repeat it.
    Elisa
    x

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #235 on: 20/04/11, 08:31 »
    no control line = invalid test stick.  need to repeat it.

tina - as i'm sure you know, one bhcg measurement is irrelevant - a much better indication is the rise between 2 bhcgs.

night sweats could easily be a sign of rising progesterone and not an immune reaction - be really careful not to assume it hasn't worked! 

best wishes

A x

Offline Amily

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #236 on: 20/04/11, 08:44 »
    Hope your repeated test gives a positive, Tina! Thinking of you and  ^pray^  Good luck with the second bloodtest too.

Offline Springflower

modify
    « Reply #237 on: 20/04/11, 09:01 »
    Oh Tina I really hope it good news for you.  Have everything crossed! ^hugme^

AFM- had my Humira retest this morning, so am now waiting for the results.  So nervous it hasnt worked.  Anyone else waiting and nervous??

Offline Tina K

• Izzy
    modify
    « Reply #238 on: 20/04/11, 10:46 »
    HI
    Thanks for your support girls.
    Did another test, 4 hours after the first one this morning and line so very faint - i dont think this is looking good but only the blood test tomorrow will tell. Feel a bit desperate really as being so convinced it was negative, to testing positive, to now bleeding and very weak positive - just wish it had been a straight answer (and especially as i spent 1500 yesterday on ivig etc!)
    Spring flower - good luck with your humira re test
    Take care
    tina

Offline Elisa9876

modify
    « Reply #239 on: 23/04/11, 22:18 »
    Tina,
    Any news? Lots of love,
    Elisa
    x