* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 194287 times)

0 Members

Offline Tina K

• Sr. Member-10017
  • Izzy
modify
Re: Humira Ladies ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Experiences)
« Reply #240 on: 27/04/11, 13:15 »
Hello girls
Sorry for being absent and not updating you. My levels on Thursday were 139.5 so doubled ( I confess I did another pee stick on ursday morning and it was negative so was expecting the worst).
I have had another test today to see how things are going. I am remaining optimistic but cautious as this is my 5th pregnancy with only one DD so I am hoping and very happy but also just trying to keep practical too.
Good luck to everyone and thanks so much for your support.
Tina x x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Elisa9876

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #241 on: 27/04/11, 13:23 »
    Well done, Tina. That's wonderful news!
    Elisa
    xxx

Offline butterflies4ever

• Gold Member-10018
    • Summer time!!
    modify
    « Reply #242 on: 27/04/11, 14:14 »
    Congrats Tina & hope those numbers keep doubleing nicely  ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^

AFM i took my final humira yesterday  ^banana^ hope it does the trick  ;)

Electra x

Offline Amily

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #243 on: 27/04/11, 22:03 »
     ^clapping^  That's great news, Tina! So glad to hear that.

How long does it take for blood test results to come back? Must be stressful.

Offline Springflower

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #244 on: 28/04/11, 14:59 »
    Great news Tina!!  Will keep everything crossed that the numbers keep increasing nicely.

Could someone take a look at my retest results.  It looks like I've responded to the Humira, but I'd be greatful if somebody could confirm it.

These are my old results
                                                         Result                   units                    Limits
    TNF-a:IL-10 (cd3+cd4+)                  61.0                    Ratio                  13.2 - 30.6
    IFN-g:IL-10 (cd3+cd4+)                   44.2                                              5.8  - 20.5

And my new results after 2 shots of Humira
                                                         Result                   units                    Limits
    TNF-a:IL-10 (cd3+cd4+)                  41.7                                                 13.2 - 30.6
    IFN-g:IL-10 (cd3+cd4+)                   12.9                                                    5.8  - 20.5

I know it's still high but there's been an improvement.  My guess is that Dr G will give me two more shots of Humira....? 

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Moderator-4
    modify
    « Reply #245 on: 28/04/11, 15:25 »
    springflower: totally agree.

Offline Springflower

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #246 on: 28/04/11, 15:32 »
    Thanks Agate, I know I still have a way to go but it's so encouraging to get some good news. I feel quite cheery now :)

Offline Hope ^J^

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #247 on: 28/04/11, 15:39 »
    Hi ladies!

Congratulations Tina! fantastic numbers too! ^hugme^ and  ^pray^  for increasing hcg levels.

Springflower - v. pleased that humira magic poured on us and I am  ^pray^ your next dose (if that's what Dr G will recommend and you decide) level will  lower your levels more. It is v reassuring numbers, I have had noticed from the old posts on here that if the 1st attempt doesn't work it's unlikely to work for 2nd round px of humira (this is only my own observations reading the previous ladies experienced). This is v. encouring news indeed! ^hugme^

AFM - My TNF-a 30.8, IFN-g 20.0 took 1st px of humira and re-tested TNF-a 19.1, IFN-g 10.9 just wanted to share to you who are in doubt taking Humira that maybe give this medication a chance? I'am still waiting for my f/u and discuss the rest of my chicago results.

love to you all x x

ooopss Springflower Agate just replied agreed about the 2nd round too! ;)

Offline Springflower

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #248 on: 4/05/11, 08:35 »
    Hi Ladies

Anyone bought Humira lately and if so what did it cost?  I'm going to start ringing round for some more...
    Lots of love to all.

Spring
    xxx

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Moderator-4
    modify
    « Reply #249 on: 4/05/11, 08:57 »
    its nearly always cheapest from healthcare at home.