* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 194284 times)

0 Members

Offline Amily

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Re: Humira Ladies ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Experiences)
« Reply #260 on: 9/05/11, 23:21 »
Lilirose
Really sorry to hear that. It is so demoralising when we try to plan things (and put our life on hold) and things like that happen.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Winegum

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #261 on: 10/05/11, 08:51 »
    Hello Humira ladies

I wonder if anyone can help.  I had my FU with Dr G yesterday and was prescribed Humira.  I also had blood taken for TB screening.  When I get the result, how do I know it's ok to go ahead and take the Humira?  Is it a + or - or is it a % which needs interpreting?

Many thanks
    Winegum

Ps I have just looked at the FAQ after posting this and it was helpful as always!  So I guess what I am actually asking is What result do I want to have and what result means I have to further consult with Dr G before taking it? Thanks x

Offline Tama

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #262 on: 10/05/11, 12:39 »
    Hiya Winegum, how are you lovely? From what I remeber you can just call Jessica and get the results, she told me I was negative which mean I was okay to just take the humira. I think it's only if you get a positive result that you would need to speak to Dr G. Hope this helps  ^hugme^  xx

Offline Winegum

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #263 on: 10/05/11, 13:38 »
    Hey Tama!

Thanks for your reply, that's just what I want to know.  I will write you a long overdue pm soon.  Hope you and your precious cargo are ok.  I have elevated TNFa hence the Humira and also need donor LIT!  Plus the usual clexane and pred while cycling with ILs every month when I have finished Humira!
    Bye for now xxx

Offline greeney

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #264 on: 10/05/11, 14:33 »
    Hello girls,
    Winegum, can I asked why did he recommended donor LIT?
    I had a follow up consultation yesterday as well and I have negative LAD and 25% match but all pretty much 1 so he said not to have paternal LIT as it won't help. Donor would but not to have any at this time. I'll have Humira also and the rest like you (clexane, steroids and Ils). I'm wondering why not having LIT? At this stage I really want to do all I can to increase my chances.
    I'm now waiting for my prescription and to have Humira and then to go back for my frosties.

Offline Winegum

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #265 on: 10/05/11, 22:12 »
    Hi Greeny

What time was your appointment yesterday?  I wonder if we saw each other?  He prescribed donor LIT because we have high DQa matches.  My LAD is low: IgG B cells is 30 and he said should be above 50, and ideally 70-90, as as I am already sensitised to my dh, LIT from my dh won't bring it up.  I'm not sure why he didn't suggest LIT for you but I would guess it is because you only have one match and maybe he wants to see how other levels come down first before prescribing LIT.  You say you have a lot of things wrong - I'm sorry to hear that but hopefully as you start your immune tx and retest, the picture will become clearer.  Dr G said to me that it's important to see the bigger picture rather than look at the tests in isolation, so maybe he is going to use LIT as a last resort if other things fail with you.  Good luck.
    WG x

Offline greeney

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #266 on: 11/05/11, 11:14 »
    Winegum, I had a phone conversation so I wasn't there.
    My IgG+ are 85.6 and he said that this shows implantation failures but because of this sign he wants us not to have LIT for now. Indeed I have only 25% match but all numbers are with one so they all are the same anyway.
    I asked him if I have any chances in becoming pregnant and he said yes so I have to trust him.
    Hopefully I'll get my Humira prescription in the post tomorrow so my pharmacist will be able to source it.
    How long to you have to wait for LIT?

Offline Springflower

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #267 on: 12/05/11, 12:33 »
    Hi Ladies - Just thought I'd let you know that I've been able to get my Humira from Superdrug for 715.  So if anyone needs some it might be worth giving them a ring.

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Moderator-4
    modify
    « Reply #268 on: 12/05/11, 14:55 »
    if you go to pick up humira yourself instead of having it delivered in an icebox- take an icebox with you as you need to keep it refridgerated until you use it.

Offline Shamrock.

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #269 on: 12/05/11, 15:17 »
    Hi Girls
    I hope you don't mind me joining you on this thread.
    My brief history is that my DH has severe MFI so we had to do ICSI. Amazingly we got pregnant on the first go of ICSI which we did in January this year at Sims Clinic in Dublin. Unfortunately at my 8 week scan there was no heartbeat so I had a miscarriage. Since then I got the Chicago bloods done to try to rule out if I had any autoimmune issues that could have caused the miscarriage. I got the results yesterday.
    My TNF-a level is 32.3 and my NK cyckotoxity is 25%.
    The consultant said that multiple does of intralipids should bring down the cycotoxitity below the recommended  15% and that I can take Humira for the raised TNF-a level if I want to (well once I test ok on the TB test).
    This whole autoimmune world is totally new to me so I've been looking at threads here trying to make sense of my results.
    From what I've read the TNF-a level of 32.3 is not very high but should be under 30.6.
    I'm trying to decide wheter to take the Humira or not. I'm concerned about possible side effects especially the possibility of having a flare and my levels going up.
    What is the ideal level ?? Would the intralips bring it down anyways?. Should I risk taking it?
    I read a few pages back that HopeJ had a good result and her levels weren't very high either.
    Does Humira help with the NKC cyckotoxity aswell ??