* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 194293 times)

0 Members

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
  • Moderator-4
modify
Re: Humira Ladies ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Experiences)
« Reply #270 on: 12/05/11, 16:16 »
expectation:  different docs have very different opinions on humira.  some won't touch it at all, others prescribe it to virtually everyone... i guess you just have to decide whether you want to try just ils/steroids etc first and then resort to humira only further down the line or whether you want to throw everything at it at once?

humira should help to reduce nka/nkc

you might want to read the faq on humira, intralipids, cytokines and nk

A x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline yogagirl007

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #271 on: 13/05/11, 22:19 »

Hi Ladies

I have to have Humira, and i have read that you can buy from superdrug (715), i called superdrug today, and was told they are not allowed to sell it directly to me, and only through healthcare at home....

can anybody advise me how I could buy from superdrug, as it seems quite a bit cheaper there than HaHome.

Also, any advice on administering it to yourself would be appreciated, I hate needles and veins, and worrying that i will panic and do it wrong and waste !!!

thank you so much

sx

Offline greeney

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #272 on: 15/05/11, 19:35 »
    Hello ladies,
    I'm due to have my first Humira next week. Dr. Gorgy said I should have 2 injections 2 weeks apart and then wait 10 days and retest. If levels come back normal then I can start the treatment for FET.
    My levels now are:
    TNF-a:IL-10 31.4
    TFN-g:IL-10 11.2
    As you can see there are not to raised, I think the bog problem is with the killer cells.
    I also have a negative LAD and 25% match but is actually 50% as 1.1 and 1.3 being almost the same. Dr. Gorgy suggested no LIT for now and concentrate on Humira, intralipids, clexane, gestone and steroids.
    Well, my question is should I really wait to retest for TH1:TH2 to see if I need more Humira, or I can go for FET after the second injection. If I decide to wait and retest then I'll have to have FET in July (I'm also concern that then I'll be 6 weeks after the second injection)  and if I don't wait to retest then I'll have FET in June and only 2 weeks after the second injection. Do you girls all retest your levels after Humira? I'm just thinking that being not a too elevated result maybe Humira will do a good job on them.
    Should I wait another month or it is safe to go in June?

Offline Winegum

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #273 on: 15/05/11, 22:45 »
    Hi Greeney and everyone else

My TB test came back negative so I'm going to order my Humira tomorrow from [email protected]  Dr G also told me to take the injections two weeks apart but told me to retest in 1 week.  I confirmed with him at the end of the appointment that the retest should be 1 week after the second injection.  I was interested to see he has told you 10 days!  I immediately looked at the FAQ and see that anything between 1-3 weeks is recommended.  Does anyone know why different ladies are told to retest at different times?  I am off work on Mondays so would want to time my retest for a Monday so I need to plan when to take my Humira shots. Also, do you inject it into your stomach fat/leg fat just like downregging/FSH injections?

I can't offer any advice to you, except to say Humira can sometimes cause a flare in TNFa, so maybe it is wise to retest? 

WG x

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #274 on: 16/05/11, 09:18 »
    Winegum I always inject Humira into my tummy like normal stimming injections.  I'm with ARGC and we are told to wait 3 weeks after the second injection to get the retest!  I do wonder why there is such a difference in the length of time to wait to retest alright...

Greeney as Winegum said the problem with Humira is sometimes it causes a flare and your TNF-a:IL-10 31.4 can jump up instead of going down.  I would get mine retested if i were you and give yourself the best chance, if it's gone up you'll know and can take more Humira, if it's gone down you can proceed with the knowledge they are under control.

Lx

Offline greeney

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #275 on: 16/05/11, 12:00 »
    Well, I do think is wise to wait  and retest but it seems forever this waiting.
    Girls, I think the retest period may have to do with other immune issues as well, but I'm new to this so don't take my words for granted. Also, maybe age or also the levels of TH1:TH2. I already booked flights to London on the 14th of June for retest. Lilirose, I'm from Ireland as well.
    I'll have my Humira in the tummy as well. I'm not afraid of shoots. Mine is already in the fridge waiting for Friday.
    Dr. G was pretty confident that my levels will go down so I'll have to trust him.
    Wow, it seems forever until I can go for my frosties. I have 11.
    I ovulated last Wednesday (egg white mucus was there and the positive in the OPK). Yesterday I had again flu like symptoms but no flu. I hate this. I got myself convinced that I'm able to produce eggs that get fertilized but no implantation ever. Even on my IVF all my eggs got fertilized and all survived to day 5.
    Winegum, good luck today at [email protected]

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #276 on: 16/05/11, 12:38 »
    Greeney, I know the waiting is awful.  I've given up work for a few months was hoping to cycle this month but my chicagos had other ideas.  So the waiting does seem interminable. Well sims got me to wait 2 weeks after my second injection, ARGC like three weeks, it's possible it has to do with the level of my cytokines they're much higher now than they were last year. 

Are you in Dublin? I'm getting my retest done in Sims, would you not rather do that than flying over there? 

It's amazing that you have 11 snowbabies!  Hopefully the humira will sort any implantation issues you have x

Lx

Offline greeney

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #277 on: 16/05/11, 13:17 »
    Lilirose, I'm not a patient of Sims so I have to travel to London. I know that you can have the bloods taken and send then to Chicago but to be honest it will be more expensive for me. I'll have a day trip to London and the flights were only 30 euros in total.
    I know I should be positive about the frosties but I'm really scared about the immune issues. I'm so sorry your treatment got delayed as well. The waiting is terrible ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline Winegum

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #278 on: 16/05/11, 18:59 »
    Thanks for the advice everyone.  Found out today I have joined the hidden c club, so won't be starting the Humira as soon as I thought  :-\

Offline greeney

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #279 on: 16/05/11, 22:34 »
    Winegum, it is a waiting nightmare. I hope you'll only need 1 round of antibiotics to clear it out.