* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 194300 times)

0 Members

Offline Amily

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Re: Humira Ladies ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Experiences)
« Reply #280 on: 16/05/11, 22:40 »
Sorry to hear that, winegum  ^hugme^  Hope you get it cleared in one go.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hope ^J^

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #281 on: 17/05/11, 01:01 »
    Hi ladies,

to Expectation - sorry just read your post, re:my Cytokines, yes, it's not elevated but after reading Dr Beers book recommending 20% and Dr G 25%! while argy cut off of 30.6 so there's a slight difference between them - made me  ^idiot^ which of which. Anyway, I took humira very late as still undecided 2 wks after I had the meds in the fridge setting there waiting! after all the weighing up everything. I was terrified of the flare but reading too many positive stories having 2 courses of it and levels are still high but proceeded their cycle w/ intralipids/IVIG + cocktails of drugs to help embryo implantation. So, I felt that why not have a go and see what happens, if it flares up I might consider 2nd course as last go then cycle w/ Intralipids/IVIG drips. Never been easy this journey, no straight answers until you find it yourself. Go whatever you feel comfortable and sensible to do, goodluck!! you can pm me anytime.

to other ladies, Love to all x x

Offline angela123

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #282 on: 17/05/11, 13:25 »
    Hi ladies,
    Just checking in with you, After the most awful attack "flare" from humira (4th shot) , which landed me in the hospital.......I recieved my tnfa results which are as expected..... they have gone up from 33.2 to 38.5..... gutted.... as I HAVE to  cycle this month...Will speak to dr g tommorrow....but I found some interesting info on "humira flares" on a Q and A by Dr Beer  http://repro-med.net/info/qabeer_08-04.pdf  which he belives that a flare can increase your changes of full term pg.......agate do you know any info on this? ....i am having LIT on saturday will this help TNFa ????
    thanks
    Angela

/links

Offline Hope ^J^

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #283 on: 17/05/11, 16:17 »
    Angela - I'm with you w/ this, Thank you for sharing the link very encouraging and reassuring indeed! Go go go Humira ^pompom^

x x

Offline Sunshine Gal

• Jr. Member-10015
    modify
    « Reply #284 on: 22/05/11, 22:45 »
    Evening Ladies

Spring Flower ~ I hope you don't mind but I just wanted to ask  which Super Drug you brought the Humira from?  Also can you call in to collect it yourself if you take ice packs with you or did they deliver to you? The other place I thought might do it to take with you is Bliss in Oxford Street.  That seems to be one of the chemists the ARGC girls use!  I read on one page that one of the girls had got hers from Tesco and you can get it from Asda, when I rang both of our local ones tesco quoted me over 900 for it so I think it depends from store to store!

I brought mine from Health Care at Home it cost 745 they delivered it within a day or so of my phone call!  It arrived on time when they promised and was well packaged!  I might have to have a second lot so thought it was worth asking the question! I am going in tomorrow for my bloods and then have another week to wait until I get the results and know if I'll need another dose!

Lilirose ~ You are right about the ARGC waiting three weeks to retest I think its the same for everyone there.  I have had to wait three weeks as well, I think they like to leave it the longest time possible just in case things change in those three weeks!
    Good Luck with your 2nd injection!  (I have replied to you earlier on the May/June board)

Wishing you all good luck
    Love Sunshine Gal Xx

Offline Springflower

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #285 on: 23/05/11, 08:41 »
    Hi Sunshine Gal

I got my Humira for 715 at Superdrug in Sutton Surrey.  I picked it up myself with an cool box with a couple of ice packs in it.  I noticed though that other Superdrugs dont seem to sell it.  Have no idea why?  Another ff got hers from ASDA at 704.  Thats the cheapest I've ever seen it.

Spring

xxx

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #286 on: 23/05/11, 10:21 »
    Hi Sunshine Gal, yeah, the three weeks is a pain but I guess them's the rules. I am getting them retested here in Dublin and Sims (where I'm getting them retested) only do the chicagos on Tuesdays at a certain time so I'll be three weeks minus 2 days or otherwise I'd have to wait over three weeks and with my AF due when it is, I want to try and time it a bit...

Angela I read that link you posted, very interesting alright, it's good to know the humira keeps working in the background...

Lx

Offline bettyboop5

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #287 on: 27/05/11, 15:29 »
    Hello ladies

Can I join you please? I have just sent my prescription for HUMIRA to Healthcare at Home. Im surprised they wanted me to send it instead of fax?  Anyone had any problems like that? More time of waiting and waiting. Due to bank holiday I probably wont get delivery till wednesday or so! Im so vexed.

I have also completed a course of antibiotics for 29 days! Phew.  Does anyone know when I can re-test with Mr Gorgy?  Any tips to avoid a HUMIRA flare? Im so petrified of that baby juice  ^eyes^

Offline Amily

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #288 on: 27/05/11, 17:25 »
    Hi bettyboop
    Yes, they want it sent. They accept faxes to get things started but they ask for it sent too. They will also only accept faxes directly from a docor, not from us!

Hi all
    I thought I would post a comment regarding previous discussions about how you should wait three months or so after humira because of quality of eggs. I took humira last in early March. I had to get on with my cycle as it was NHS funded and the clinic were muttering about risk of withdrawal of funding. I started downregging mid April. At EC, I had 44 follicles and 27 eggs were collected. 21 have fertilised (day one freeze). I was at risk of OHSS so had to stop ctycle and wait for FET. So, I am just posting this to say it is not necessarily a disaster if you can't wait. ^reiki^  Of course, my little frozen embies are of unknown quality so far but all those eggs did fertilise so they can't be too bad! ;)

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #289 on: 27/05/11, 17:46 »
    Amily I never heard of that 3 month wait, wouldn't want to either am so impatient to get going!!  Taht's some amoutn of follies/eggs you got well done you!  Best of luck with the FET when do you think that will be, do you feel ok now? Did you get OHSS in the end?

Lx