* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 194290 times)

0 Members

Offline bettyboop5

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Re: Humira Ladies ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Experiences)
« Reply #290 on: 27/05/11, 18:01 »
Amily   Just spoke to Gorgy's girls, strangley enough they've calmed me down.  Apparently Dr Gorgy wants me to be on HUMIRA for 3 months to wash out the bad eggs? and then harvest good juicy eggs in a TNF free environment  ::)  Yeah right! What i I have a flare? Anyway positive thinking, it will work hey. I should believe in Dr Gorgy right.
Amily Im so glad to see the crop of eggs u got! Im so envious as I never get more than 10 eggs.  Hopefully Humira will help me with quality too.

Lilirose when do u cycle? Are u on humira too?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #291 on: 27/05/11, 18:07 »
    Hi Betty,

I'm with ARGC, I had hoped to cycle in May, but my Chicago bloods (which I had taken during my monitored cycle) showed really elevated cytokines - 64!!!  Everything else ok but they recommended Humira so have just taken the second jab and now have to wait to get it retested.  I took it last year when I first got my chicagos done and they only went down a few points the first time so am not sure what's going to happen this time, but I have adopted a stricter diet and am on a couple of supplements that have been recommended on here so am hoping the combination of the humira, diet and supplements help bring the levels down...

Who are you cycling with?

Lx

Offline Amily

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #292 on: 27/05/11, 18:21 »
    Hi bettyboop
    Don't think humira helps with quality. It is meant to do the opposite - ie you are meant to wait 3 months after having it, as you reported. I got lots of eggs from being overstimulated and they cancelled my ET...not all good! I was on lots of supplements and ate lots of protein (particularly eggs) and I think that did the trick.
    Hi lilirose
    Yes, Dr G says you should wait 3 months after humira but I had told him I couldn't. Did not get OHSS though felt pretty rubbish with anti-OHSS drug they have me. In bed for 3 days. Have been told I have to wait 2-3 months to get going with FET and am impatient!

Offline bettyboop5

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #293 on: 27/05/11, 18:59 »
    LiliRose  I will be going to Capetown for  tx and Gorgy deals with the immunes here. Are umaiting 3 weeks for a re-test or is it earlier. Hope they come down nicely.  Which vits are u taking? I need to purchase some and read somewhere about EA/DHA but not sure where to buy it from yet. Ihave started taking resvestrol? sp and tumeric.  Glad u only have TNF to deal with and hope u can cycle sn x x

Amily
    Do u remember what ur cytokine ratio was before ur tx? I will try to eat lots of protein.Luckily I love eggs too. Just worry abt the  ^shake^  wind lol x x

Offline Amily

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #294 on: 27/05/11, 19:11 »
    bettyboop13
    Yes, had a bit of a wind problem! It was worse after EC...I was an absolute menace! ;D  TNF a IL10 was 38.8. Have had 2 intralipids since then

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #295 on: 27/05/11, 19:12 »
    Amily you must be dying to get going with the FET at this stage! It must be a few months on from your EC, that was in March? So would you do it in June? I thought the whole idea with Humira was that you cycle as soon after taking it as possible?? What's the reason behind waiting three months?

Betty Capetown as in South Africa?  Yes, am waiting three weeks (well nearly three weeks the clinic I'm getting it retested in here only does them on a tuesday and I don't want to waste a week with AF imminent a week and a bit after the retest).  Am also on resveratrol and turmeric nothing else. 

Lx

Offline bettyboop5

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #296 on: 27/05/11, 20:09 »
    Amily  ;D ;D  I will join ur protein club.

LiliRose Capetown as in South Africa, cant wait. Tx cheap but flights and accom all add up. This time round I will take less supplements.I think I overdid it with last cycles.

Anyway goodluck to us girls with all this immune tx  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline Amily

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #297 on: 27/05/11, 20:13 »
    Hi Lilirose  :)
    No, EC was the Thursday before last. Humira was in March. The argument is (as I only found out after taking it) that humira is not good for quality of existing eggs so it is better to wait for your body to produce new eggs in a better environment. Would like to start downregging when I get my next AF ie start on day 23 after AF. Think they are going to make me wait till AF after that though. Not good as immune tx will be further in the past >:(  The clinic I am at don't know about the immune tx though as they do not approve of/believe in it. ::)

Bettyboop: so sick of eggs! Managed an egg sandwich today but after a week of hardboiled eggs leading up to EC, they actually made me feel nauseous when I looked at them!

Offline butterflies4ever

• Gold Member-10018
    • Summer time!!
    modify
    « Reply #298 on: 27/05/11, 20:23 »
    I also took my final humira mid April (4 shots in total) & i never wanted to wait the 3 months due to the fact that i had in the past & come 3 months later my TNFa # had risen  ^idiot^

So me & my DP decided to cycle straight away & had EC 2nd May. Got a total of 17 eggs same as prior cycle but this one worked for us thankfully  ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^

My TNFa # was 38 prior to my 4 shot of Humira, i avoided the Intralipids this cycle & went for IVIG one just before stimming, 2nd the day after EC & the final one on BFP on Dr. Tsgaris's advice.

Good luck with this cycle  ^hugme^

Electra x
     ^fairydust^

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #299 on: 28/05/11, 13:20 »
    Betty yes I think I was taking too many supplements as well, i was also on wheatgrass (to bring down my FSH) but I think it managed to shoot up my cytokine levels so dropped that and the other supplements I was on and just started the two - resveratrol and turmeric.  Wow, Cape Town, best of luck xx

Amily oh sorry I read your post wrong - It's mad isn't it, you'd think you should cycle as soon after having humira as possible, instead of leaving it a few months - in ARGC once your immunes are under control and if your day 2 bloods are ok they'll let you start.  Yeah my third IVF was with a clinic that didn't do immunes either, not surprisingly it didn't work  ::)

butterflies4ever, what did your level come down to after the 4 shots of humira?  Congrats on your BFP!!!

Lx