* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 191381 times)

0 Members

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
Re: Humira Experiences ~ Part 2
« Reply #30 on: 27/01/11, 18:05 »
Tomo I've been feeling rough with it although  now finding im ok until I am tired Hungary or thirsty - I'm tired all the time?

Tama good luck with your second jab.

Hows everyone else doing there's a few retests due next week - I'm not retesting until next thur due to work commitments getting in the way of blood tests which will be 15 days after 2nd jab I'm assuming this is ok as although dr g suggests 7-10 days I think others say 3 weeks don't they ?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tama

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 27/01/11, 18:16 »
    Evening Morgan sending you lots of good luck for the retest

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #32 on: 28/01/11, 10:00 »
    Hey ladies,

Morrigan:  Dr G suggests 10 days after the 2nd shot, and ARGC 3 weeks.  I'm having my tx through Dr G but am going for a consultation at ARGC (when I get an appt through!), so am wondering when to have the re-test.  Looking at Alan Beer's book, he suggests 2 weeks for the re-test, so I may split the difference between Dr G and ARGC and go for 2.5 weeks ;)

Tama/Tomo:  Not sure what the side effects mean, but hopefully that it's working.  I didn't have anything on my first two shots... just taken my second round, first injection today.  I sincerley hope it works this time. 

Nypee:  As above, I'm not sure whether no side effects is a good or bad thing  ^idiot^   Fingers crossed for your re-test. 

x

Offline Sparklyone

modify
    « Reply #33 on: 28/01/11, 11:00 »
    Jo

I am in the same situation as you - Dr G and ARGC plus 4 x humira injections. ARGC are a bit funny about me being with Dr G and have asked that I have my Tnfa retest at 3 weeks so its close to tx and so that its with them! They want me to be "finished" with Dr G before I start tx.  As far as they know anyway! Just thought I would let you know in case you decide to have tx at ARGC and that appointment comes around quickly. Otherwise ARGC may want you to retest again as they don't believe 10 days is long enough to know full effects xxx

Offline Tweetiepie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #34 on: 28/01/11, 11:16 »
    Hello there,

After everything that I said about being worried about taking the 2nd lot of Humira... well the eye twitching has stopped, so I decided, I already have 2 shots in my body, if Im going to do it I may as well do it properly.  So I ordered the extra Humira and got it today...  ::)   ^idiot^

Well, I just wanted to ask you, if any of you have also developed a 'white tongue'???  I also have a burning feeling on my tongue all of the time.  My mouth feels extremely dry and nothing seems to make this better... this does remind me of what I used to get when I used to stop steroids in the past... but it never did last this long...

I think it may be oral thrush but, the Daktorin 2% oral Gel I have been using has not had an effect on it at all.

Could you please let me know if you have had something similar and also, how you managed to sort it out.

thanks xx

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #35 on: 28/01/11, 13:30 »
    Sparklyone:  Thanks for that; I may leave it 'til 3 weeks after my second shot and the IL then; it's only a little while longer to wait... will you be dumping Dr G, or seeing him behind ARGC's back  ::)

Tweetiepie:  Not had a white tongue on humira, although that has made me think back, and probably around my first injection, I did get tiny little blisters on the front of my tongue, with a bit of a burning sensation.  Not joined the two events together before, but it 'may' have been the humira; I got some oral gel from Boots which seemed to numb it and cure it.  It wasn't a thrush gel though.  Hope you get it sorted.

x

Offline Sparklyone

modify
    « Reply #36 on: 28/01/11, 21:50 »
    Jo - sshhhhhh the second option  ::) ;D  xxx

Tweetiepie- I had a sore mouth too - lasted quite a few days but I assumed it was the Abs I was taking for hidden C but had taken first lot of humira at the same time so could have been that. Kind of like when you have burnt your mouth and its very sensitive and sore afterwards but all over! I just put up with it and it went away eventually. Did not have it with the second lot so seems very random. Hope this puts your mind at rest xxxx  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #37 on: 28/01/11, 21:58 »
    Sparklyone:  OMG, you tart!!   ;D ;D   Out of interest, what did Dr G say about your partial DQA match; we have one too but he didn't even mention it at the follow-up. 

Offline Sparklyone

modify
    « Reply #38 on: 28/01/11, 22:25 »
    Jo  ;D ;D ;D ;D  spot on! He said it just meant it was possible my body could have an immune reaction to an implanting embie (if it was that 1 on 4) so taking into account the other results will be on IL during stims and steroids and clexane. I guess that will continue if get a BFP too with lots of retesting. Thats one of the differences really as ARGC only do IL/IVIG/steroids based on NK cells test (an initial one and one during stims)  as they don't believe in DQ alpha match or treat it. Agate's posted that DQ Alpha match is in some peoples opinions one of the most important factors so after having the test do not want to ignore it. xxxxxx

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #39 on: 29/01/11, 10:38 »
    Thanks for that Sparklyone.  I wonder why Dr G didn't mention mine and DH's match  ???   Do the different numbers have different levels of importance?  I have no idea... I'll have to ask him when I'm in for my IL with my second humira shot.  That said, I need IL or IVIg for my NK cells anyway.  Interestingly the Lister don't look at DQa match either.