* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 194286 times)

0 Members

Offline bettyboop5

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Re: Humira Ladies ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Experiences)
« Reply #330 on: 7/06/11, 16:32 »
Amily When do u get ur test results for cyokines?How are u finding the tumeric? xx

Agate congrts on ur BFP XX

Wanty Im surer others will dvise.  For now u need to red Agate FAQ.

Butterfliesforever,LiliRose,

AFM No side effects so far from the Humira.  My only nightmre is fridge packed up night before.  I was  horrified as worried of second shot of humira which was in Fridge.  At lesat now it's with my neighbour.  Ive phoned my home insurance and they offered me 144? WTF? Told them abt my Humira which they have said they only cover food items only?
I thought fridge content covers what's in ur fridge be it medicinal or food?? Any thoughts of how I can claim more. The mximum is 500 and they are now sending me  form to complete then consider offer.  I have a feeling my humir is ruined now hence my need more shots :(

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Amily

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #331 on: 8/06/11, 21:47 »
     ^bigbad^ Spent ages typing here yesterday and @@@ computer lost the lot!
    Trying again....

Bettyboop: really sorry to hear about the fridge situation. That's rubbish. I really hope you get proper compensation. Never even thought of that as a potential problem!

:) Hi wanty. Am not 100% about humira but seemed Ok last time I took it though it did not bring my numbers down. I am taking resveratrol and turmeric on the advice of ladies here, plus multivit and folic acid. Also avoiding sugar.

Latest bloodtest: now at 36 after humira and 2x intralipids so Dr G is going to want me to have more. Just looked at my diary and will hopefully be downregging for FET after first humira jab but before I have taken second humira jab. Does anyone know if that is OK?? ???

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #332 on: 9/06/11, 17:58 »
    Betty OMG what a nightmare, you poor thing!  Like Amily I never even thought of that ever happening, God what crappy timing.  I have no idea about claiming more sorry hon.

Amily, what were your levels, have they come down much?  Not sure if you can start downregging before getting the humira retested again, did you ask Dr. G?

Wanty, am also on the turmeric and resveratrol, taking the humira, and on a gluten free diet, whcih is supposed to help so no bread, or anything made from flour, sticking with brown rice and sweet potatoes or salads .  Also lots of red pepper, blueberries, broccoli, oily fish and sweet potatoes.  Also anything hot, curries are good, ginger, garlic, onions hot and spicy in general seems to be good!

Lx

Offline Amily

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #333 on: 9/06/11, 21:11 »
    Hi lilirose
    My latest level is 36 (needs to be under 30 apparently). They have come down by 4...
    Am taking humira when it arrives tomorrow then 2 weeks after. Am also having 2 intralipids - one on same day as second humira. That's going to be a fun day!

Offline bettyboop5

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #334 on: 9/06/11, 21:58 »
    Amily and LiliRose Thank you ladies for ur sympathies.  Next door neighbour has my humira in her fridge, so sorted.  We are yet to folk out for a new fridge. But hey, stuff happens.  Insurance will pay at least 250 instead of 500.  Imstill contesting it.

Amily Good luck with ur 1st jab tomorrow.  Can I just say I still have not had any side effects which is making me happy so far.  Taking the next one next friday.  Im doing the RACE FOR LIFE on the sunday 19th and wonder if this may make my humira not work.  We have the same TNF number 36! Lets hope we can reduce it down nicely.  When do u cycle again?

Lilirose  My resvetrol arrived todday.  24 a bottle?.  Damn expensive.I have tumeric from holland and Barrett and wonder if it's ok?  Ive also ordered protein shakes to start feeding my follies 3 months before my tx.  Trying not to take too many tabs like ive done in the past.
    Im trying to eat most things u have on ur list.  My other tip in the morning is to have ginger and fresh lemon juice in hot water.  Not only is it a natural cleanser it has mny effects too.  I always go for number 2 an hr after the drink (TMI).
    Imalso loving beetroot, cucumber and fresh fruit. 

Offline Amily

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #335 on: 9/06/11, 23:00 »
    Hi lilirose
    Am going for a scan a week on Monday and can start DR that day as long as there are no cysts. Everything crossed! Yes, let's hope we can get that 36 down! :)

Offline bettyboop5

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #336 on: 13/06/11, 18:08 »
    Hello ladies

I was wondering if anyone has had this kind of reaction from taking Humira ^scared^ . I have a red mark around the injection site???.  I saw this today and it's 10 days after taking 1st dose of Humira?.
    Just wonder if this is a normal rection or will I have normal red blotches all over my body?  Im panicking  ^idiot^   

Offline Amily

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #337 on: 13/06/11, 22:33 »
    Hi Betty
    Took Humira yesterday and don't have any mark like that. I don't think there is any need to panic ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ! It seems quite a delay before a response at injection site. Why do you think the race for life will affect your response? ???
    Hope you're OK!

Offline Springflower

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #338 on: 14/06/11, 15:33 »
    Hey Ladies

So just got my retest results back after another *2 of humira and a drip.  They are worse not better.  How can that be??  I thought as I had a good response to the first lot of Humira I would this time too.  Obviovusly not meant to be :'(

These are my first lot of results
    Result
    TNF-a:IL-10 (cd3+cd4+) 61.0
    IFN-g:IL-10 (cd3+cd4+) 44.2

And my 2 lot after 2 shots of Humira
    Result
    TNF-a:IL-10 (cd3+cd4+) 41.7
    IFN-g:IL-10 (cd3+cd4+) 12.9

Latest results
    TNF-a:IL-10 (cd3+cd4+) 43.0
    IFN-g:IL-10 (cd3+cd4+) 13.9

Offline Lanta

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #339 on: 14/06/11, 17:17 »
    Hi Springflower... Sorry just crashing the thread.
    Sorry to hear that the humira has not bought your TNF levels down, but please don't think that all is lost. After 2 rounds my levels went up from 41 to 44 to 46 and I remember being devastated but the docs assured me that the humira would still be working behind the scenes and that I could start tx.  I had Intralipids during tx and managed to get a BFP. My TNF levels have been retested since being pregnant and they are still high at 46 but my other NK results were broadly in range which I think implies that the humira and Intralipids are stopping the nasty cytokines talking to the killer cells and instructing them to attack the embryo (that is my very unscientific explanation and I'm sure someone else will be along who can explain better!). I really wish you all the best and hope you can start tx and get your much deserved BFP soon  ^pray^ ^pray^