* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 194258 times)

0 Members

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Re: Humira Ladies ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Experiences)
« Reply #340 on: 14/06/11, 19:22 »
Betty yeah the resveratrol is expensive alright, I find all those supplements are, including the ones I have DH on.  Yes, am drinking ginger tea, have been since last year when my acupuncturist recommended it, I quite like it now and good to know it could help the cytokines level.   Are you worried about the race cos they say not to exercise while taking humira, in that it can be detrimental to yoru levels? Yeah, i can see why you'd be worried, although they do say a walk a day helps?  Hopefully the once off race won't do any harm - and well done you for doing it x

Re the red mark, i've read that can be a side affect, I agree with Amily i don't think it's anything to be worried about.

Amily hope the humira went ok x

Springflower sorry your levels went up a bit after the second two injections, it's so frustrating but hope Lanta's post gave you some comfort, I'm certainly taking a lot from taht, thanks for posting Lanta x

Had my chicagos retest today girls, a week to wait till the results, am bricking it.

Lx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Amily

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #341 on: 14/06/11, 21:22 »
    Not exercise?!! Yikes! I teach exercise practically every day! Dr G didn't mention  ^scared^  this to me...

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #342 on: 14/06/11, 21:27 »
    Amily, yeah, I've read aerobic exercise is not good for cytokines, tends to raise them?  I remember it as I'm very lazy and for once it's something that suits!

Offline Amily

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #343 on: 14/06/11, 23:56 »
    Hi Lilirose
    Oh great... Well, can't help that! It's my job.

Night all!

Offline butterflies4ever

• Gold Member-10018
    • Summer time!!
    modify
    « Reply #344 on: 15/06/11, 06:31 »
    This is news to me about NO exercise  :o not that i did any while using Humira.
    I'm sure little exercise would be fine & we all have to get from A-B but the run may be a bit heavy on the system? could you not check with a Dr.

Electra x

Offline Shamrock.

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #345 on: 16/06/11, 13:26 »
    Hi Girls
    Mind if I join ye. I took my first ever Humira shot on Tuesday night. I'm hoping that two injections will do the trick and I will be able to cycle at the end of July.

My Chicago Results were
    TNF-a:IL-10 (cd3+cd4+) 32.3
    IFN-g:IL-10 (cd3+cd4+) 16.1

So thankfully not too high but I'm worried about a possible flare. From posts I've been reading it seems like a lot of peoples levels go up rather than down. Is that the case?

Since taking it my legs seem stiff and today I'm sneezing and feeling like i could have a head cold coming on (probably in my imagination). Don't know if these are good signs or not.

Can I check with you knowlegeable ladies about the supplements I'm currently taking:

I'm taking NHP Fish Oil Capsules, Vitamin D drops, NHP Vitamin C 1000mg, Biocare Mineral Complex, Solgar Reservatrol and Solgar Cherry Tumeric Complex.
    I'm also trying since just this week to cut out wheat.

Can anyone tell me if any of the supplements I'm taking would be bad for TNFa levels?

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #346 on: 16/06/11, 16:18 »
    Hey Expectation  :)

welcome to the thread hon x

Yeah,  people have flares quite regularly, it's literally a question of taking it and seeing how it goes.  It can be very hit and miss really.  Re your supplements I know agate posted this a few pages back re the cherry turmeric:

"solgar cherry tumeric seems to be a whole mix of different herbs including tumeric - unless you are going to research all the different consitutents for safety in pg etc, you might want to stick to plain tumeric/curcumin e.g., lamberts brand.  Tumeric is the unrefined spice that you find in your spice rack - curcumin is the active ingredient extracted from the spice."

So maybe get the normal stuff, that's waht I got (from Health Matters in grafton st)

Also you need to try and cut out gluten if you can, not just wheat it's the gluten that is the worst.

Lx

Offline bettyboop5

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #347 on: 16/06/11, 19:28 »
    Hello girls!

LiliRose
    Aerobic exercise not good for cytokine! I read that too. Laughing at ur comment re: being lazy and for once it's something that suits ;D ;D   Im still running but have drastically cut down as Ive lost nearly 2 stone in 8 weeks  :) .  Im now back to 9 1/2 and only running 5 mins then stomach exercises 3 times a week.  Im so relieved I will not be running anymore,just walk. Expectation Welcome. U vits sounds good tome! Onlything I wud change is he cherry resvetrol and get the stronger tumeric only.  Dont be scared about flares hun. Ive had a reaction on injection site but no pain anywhere so far, fingers crossed.Im still to take 2nd shot tomorrow morning  :o

Butterflies forever, u are right a little exercise is ok and  I will however walk for Race for life on sunday.
     Amily how did the Humira go my lovely?

Hello Lanta and Springlower xxx

Offline greeney

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #348 on: 16/06/11, 21:38 »
    Expectation, as girls say is pretty common to have a flare (most likely it will be my case too as I'm waiting for the results at the moment) but you have almost the same success rate as when bring the levels down if you add IVIG to the treatment (which means more money). In my case, the killer cells can be brought down with both intralipids and IVIG and after find out how I reacted to Humira will know which one is better to use.
    Some clinics use as treatment for high TH1:TH2 steroids and intralipids.
    My right leg is stify and only started to be after the second shoot but after the first one I thought I will come down with a cold. Maybe is just our body reacting to it.
    I'm very nervous now waiting for the results.
    Girls, do you remember how long it takes to get them back?

Offline waikiki

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #349 on: 16/06/11, 21:39 »
    Hi ladies,

Sorry to crash your thread, especially with such a stupid basic question, but it's been a few years since I last took humira and I've just realised that I completely forgot to ask Dr G how far apart to take the two jabs.  I seem to think that it's 4 weeks apart, but could you please confirm?

Also when is the best time to take humira before tx?  I have my humira now but will not be cycling until Sept/Oct time.  My TNF-A is only slightly high at 31.7 and last time it came down from 51 to 25 after 2 injections, so I'm hopeful that I won't need a second set.

Thanks for your help.

waikiki