* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 194259 times)

0 Members

Offline Amily

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Re: Humira Ladies ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Experiences)
« Reply #350 on: 16/06/11, 22:12 »
Humira was fine, thanks bettyboop. No problems.
This exercise thing is all a bit depressing as it's my job and I can't stop working. Nor do I want to frankly.

Greeney: it took 5 days for the results to reach me last time. Good luck!
Waikiki - it should be 2 weeks apart. LIT is 4 weeks apart, and humira's 2.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline greeney

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #351 on: 17/06/11, 08:02 »
    Thanks Amily. Not too long now. Maybe I'll get them Monday.
    About exercising, maybe you should consider always taking supplements to bring the cytokines down as well as adapting the diet, but maybe you already are doing all this things.

Offline Shamrock.

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #352 on: 17/06/11, 09:21 »
    Thanks for the warm welcome girls  :)

Lilrose
    I'll get the 'normal' turmeric instead of the cherry one. Thanks for that. Also will look at cutting out gluten rather than just wheat. Since cutting out wheat just a week ago my tummy is not bloated like it used to be which is an added bonus. I did a food shop last night and stocked up on wheat and gluten free pasta and crackers etc ..Tesco do a good 'Free From' range. I even got gluten free fish fingers!

Greeney
    I have high killer cells also (25%) and I've been told I will have to take IVIG during my next cycle (intralipids won't work) so even if I do get a flare I should be ok?
    The cold I thought I was getting didn't materialise. Good luck with your results.

Hi to everyone else.

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #353 on: 17/06/11, 10:24 »
    Hi girls

Amily the exercise thing is just one of the things you can do to  help the cytokines, it's your job so you can't/rightly don't want to stop it - your levels aren't that high anyway, so I'm sure it won't make much difference.

Waikiki that's a great dip from your high of 51 to 25, mine were at 64 when last tested so am hoping i can drop by a good amount too...

Greeney good luck with your results, when did you get retested??  I was in sims on Tuesday getting the half panel done, results shoudl be back next week. am seriously nervous about it...

Expectation, yeah the more you look the more gluten & wheat free options you can find - also got those fish fingers, M&S do a pretty good range too, had gluten & wheat free breadcrumbed chicken from there the other day was really nice.  Tesco & Dunnes do good ranges too.  The pasta tastes the smae to me you just have to cook it longer. Roma do a gluten free pasta too, got some yesterday.  Also bought some cereal yesterday from teh Juvela range (found it in Dunnes in Georges St) tastes just like Special K  :)  Ryvita is grand too, I have that with hummus as a snack.  Have cut out potatoes as well, sweet potato is good though.  And broccoli & red peppers, oily fish, no red meat. 

My acupuncturist has said I am a lot less swollen around my ankles and my middle, which is nice to hear  :)

Lx

Offline waikiki

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #354 on: 17/06/11, 13:21 »
    Amily - phew, it's just as well I checked isn't it!  Now that you mention it I remember the LIT being 4 weeks apart.  Luckily I don't need that this time as even though it's nearly 2 years since I had it, my levels still seem to be good.

Lilirose - keeping my fingers crossed that you get a good dip of the TNF-A.

So what do you all think about the timing of the humira for a Sept/Oct cycle?

^hugme^ waikiki

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #355 on: 17/06/11, 13:35 »
    Waikiki I think Humira's supposed to keep working for 5-6 months, so I'd say you could start it whenever.  Also am sure you won't, but if you do end up having to do two rounds of it, that's a couple of months plus, so personally I'd start with it now.

Thanks for the FX  :)

Offline greeney

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #356 on: 17/06/11, 13:55 »
    Lilirose, I got the test done on Tuesday as well. I hope I'll have them on Monday if only takes 5 days. Hope your levels come down pretty nice.
    Expectation, IVIG and Humira flare gives good success rate as well. If you look a little back on the immune treat one of the girls posted a link about it and Alan Beer is mentioning in his book as well.
    Waikiki, I think that sometimes dr G says to wait up to 3 months after Humira to get a better egg quality but I know a girl that didn't and got pregnant. It is really up to you to decide and have to consider other treatments timing as well. Also, Dr. G told me to have 2 shoots 2 weeks apart and then retest after 10 days. Other clinics like you to wait longer (like 3 weeks) before retesting and you need your time for planning everything. Maybe you should ask Agate as well to see what is she advising.
     I personally want to cycle again as soon as possible after having Humira but I'm having FET so won't interfere with any egg quality.

Offline waikiki

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #357 on: 17/06/11, 18:22 »
    Right, I think I'll take the first humira shot this weekend then, just in case I need to squeeze two sets in before my next tx.  I'm having DE so don't have to worry about egg quality any more.

Thanks girls.

^hugme^ waikiki

Offline Amily

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #358 on: 17/06/11, 22:19 »
    Thanks greeney. Yes, am taking lots of supplements etc!
    Thanks lilirose!
    Yes, waikiki - go for it!

Hope you're all well, ladies...

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #359 on: 18/06/11, 14:28 »
    Greeney did you get your retest done in sims?