* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 194256 times)

0 Members

Offline greeney

• Sr. Member-10017
modify
Re: Humira Ladies ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Experiences)
« Reply #360 on: 18/06/11, 19:21 »
Lilirose,
I'm not a Sims patient so I can't do my tests there. I had to travel to London to do them. Also, I can't ship bloods as Fedex or other companies won't accept it. When I did the hidden C test I used the post but this time I can't use the post.
Anyway, I'll travel to the end of the world just to become pregnant.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline RosieApple

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #361 on: 18/06/11, 19:34 »
    Hi everyone, I would like to join the thread as I too, have had two shots of Humira and am now due for a re-test.  I am actually going in on Tuesday for bloods so should hear a week after that. 

My inital number was around 40 so I am hoping and praying to see that number drop.  I am really worried though as I have been feeling a lot of anxiety of the smallest of things. I have googled this and apparently anxiety/depression can be linked to high cytokines.   

Has anyone else ever felt like this after Humira?  I am also taking Tumeric & Lycopine supplements and drinking 2 ginger teas per day.  I am trying to stay positive too (although it is hard) and imagine my levels going down to under 30!!! :)

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #362 on: 19/06/11, 12:41 »
    Greeney, hope your levels come back within range x

RosieApple, welcome to the thread x Best of luck to you too, I have to say I visualise mine going down to 15  ;D  Sorry to hear you're feeling depressed, hope it doesn't mean anything more than you are just anxious about the results outcome  ^hugme^

Lx

Offline alibee101

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #363 on: 20/06/11, 20:59 »
    Hi

I'm about to do my first Humira jab soon.  I've bought some curcurmin/ginger caps and fish oils.  I haven't started taking them yet, should I take them for a week or two before the humira? or do you think at the same time would be ok?  I'm losing the plot with all the research and can't seem to make decisions at the min  ^idiot^

Also, is the retest after the Humira the same price with Dr G as the initial test?  I'm debating whether it would be worth trying to send the sample to the RFU myself.  I tried with the first set of tests, but had a nightmare with Fedex and ending up sending them to TDL who very kindly forwarded them on the Chicago with their samples.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Ali

Offline greeney

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #364 on: 20/06/11, 22:07 »
    Hi Ali,
    I don't think there will be a problem taking supliments and Humira in the same time.
    I paid last week 340 pounds for the test at dr G as I can't send blood with Fedex. Maybe you can do it. Does it work out cheaper?

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #365 on: 21/06/11, 09:24 »
    Ali i started taking the supplements before I took the first Humira, never occurred to me not too, so would agree with Greeney.

Lx

Offline alibee101

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #366 on: 22/06/11, 21:38 »
    Hi

Thanks Lilirose & Greeney.  I will start the supps asap.

I think the test is $460 direct to the RFU which is about 280 ish, so a bit of a saving, but considering the mess up I had last time with Fedex, I think I will just go ahead with Dr G.

Ali x

Offline greeney

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #367 on: 23/06/11, 16:35 »
    Well girls, as I thought is a flare. Not a big one from 31.4 to 31.8 but that is due to 400mg of Turmeric daily I think. I might go to 800mg. I have an appointment with dr. G to discuss what can we do as an alternative.

Offline Lilirose

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #368 on: 23/06/11, 18:08 »
    Hi girls

Greeney your levels have gone up? God they're so close to the safe range, surely it would be ok for you to cycle and be given steroids or IVIG or IL?  You got your results today?  I'm trying to chase mine, am getting really anxious about them...

Lx

Offline greeney

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #369 on: 23/06/11, 20:31 »
    Yes Lilirose my results came back today. I hope yours will came back soon too as the waiting is hard. I went to work later Monday just to wait for the postman. Poor guy since then was coming in earlier in the estate  :) I think he'll be relief not to see my car in front of the house tomorrow morning.
    I'm glad your hysto gave you a clear result. One problem less.