* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 191374 times)

0 Members

Offline Tweetiepie

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Humira Experiences ~ Part 2
« Reply #40 on: 1/02/11, 16:09 »
Hello girls

Sparklyone & Jo - I still have the constant white tongue.  I really don't know what it is.  It is very dry, and the white is not something you can scrape off, more like my tongue has had its blood sucked out... It is very weird indeed.  The Daktarin oral gel does not seem to do a thing.  I can only guess it is humira, ILs and the pred that may have had an effect.  I might try and see my gp again.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #41 on: 1/02/11, 18:56 »
    Tweetiepie:  Sorry your tongue's still dry/white.  Mine's really dry as well (although not white), so I'm drinking a lot of water.  So, after my humira injection Fri, I've developed thrush (eww), and have got two ulcers in my mouth (one on my tongue).  Oh and I've also had a verruca appear on my foot.  Damn I'm looking hot ;)  I may end being a septic pus-ball but I'm hoping I'll be a baby-friendly one  ^pray^   Just as we'll we're having ICSI otherwise I don't think DH would be coming anywhere near me  ;D

Offline Sparklyone

modify
    « Reply #42 on: 1/02/11, 18:57 »
    Jo  :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Snoflake

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 2/02/11, 14:43 »
    Hi there,

Could somebody help answer a question for me - can I drink while on Humira?  I am due to take my first injection of Humira this Friday and will be taking my second injection Friday two weeks but I am out Friday night for a special occasion and seeing as I haven't been drinking for the past couple of months, I would like to be able to let my hair down.  I have heard mixed reviews re drinking on Humira, i.e. it can raise Cytokines.  Can anyone advise?

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #44 on: 2/02/11, 14:50 »
    Snoflake:  There's evidence that alcohol raises TNF-a, so I've completely stopped drinking (since mid December).  Thought it would be difficult, but it hasn't been.  I just see alcohol as evil now... I figured that by spending that much on humira, I didn't want to undo any of the good.  I think there's enough evidence that alcohol is poor for fertility, that I've given it a big swerve.  I just have sparkling non-alcoholic stuff whilst out and just demand that it's served in a champagne glass :)  Up to you though hun, not sure what anyone else's experience is.

Offline Tama

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 2/02/11, 14:59 »
    Snoflake, I too have read that alcohol can affect TNF levels but I guess it depends on how many you are planning on having. If you are just having a glass or two of wine/champagne I really don't think it will do too much harm. I have had one glass of wine since taking the humira (it was 6 days after the first shot) but that is it and will not be having anymore - I drank lots of water over the weekend so figured that would flush out the wine from you system  ;D  I'd say do what you feel is best for you hun and that one glass really isn't going to make too much difference  ;)  Good luck - remember to up some ice on the injection site before you do the injection, I did this for both mine and didnt have any pain xx

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #46 on: 2/02/11, 15:04 »
    I thought that the case was drinking raises tnfa levels anyway whether or not your on humira. I don't think there's a problem with mixing the two in terms of interaction - I might be corrected though. I guess it's up to you whether you want do something that won't assist whilst investing in taking humira - then again stress raises tnfa so maybe a night out will reduce stress and counter balance - if your anything like me I've spent so long not drinking after half a glass of wine I feel like I've drank 2 bottles. I havnt drunk whilst on it but I've not been 100% on eating healthly either! It's too easy to beat yourself up over every little thing. Good luck with your jab.

Offline Snoflake

modify
    « Reply #47 on: 2/02/11, 15:28 »
    Hi girls,

Thanks for your replies.  I have actually used Humira before.  I used it prior to my last IVF cycle to lower my Cytokines but it didn't have a huge impact. My Cytokines were at 43% to start off with, I took my first two injections two weeks apart however one of the injections was faulty so I really only took one - my Cytokines came down to 40% so very little.  I then took another 2 injections, again two weeks apart and my Cytokines went up to 44%.  My Doc said I was just unlucky and obviously one of those women who is resistant to Humira.  I went ahead and did my IVF cycle, got pregnant and lost at 5.5 weeks (third miscarriage).  I drank by the way whilst taking Humira last time as had no idea about alcohol having an impact on Cytokines so it's strange that the Humira brought my levels down by 3% with just one injection.

Have any of you heard about Vit D and Omega 3 Fish Oils being good for lowering Cytokines?  I am taking Vit D 2000iu per day and am taking Omega 3 Fish Oil Tabs too.

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #48 on: 2/02/11, 15:37 »
    Snoflake:  Sorry to hear of your mc  ^hugme^  If humira doesn't 'work' on you, how come you're using it again?  Sorry, prob me being  ^idiot^   As my levels rose on my first two injections, I'm taking IL with the second injection this time.  Are you doing something similar?  As for vit D, yes, I'm on this, as well as EPA/DHA rather than omega 3 (this is what the omega 3 oils will break down into)... as well as a multitude of other things!!

Offline Tama

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #49 on: 2/02/11, 15:39 »
    Snoflake, sorry about your loss  ^hugme^  Yes I'd read that VitD is good so am taking that but only 400iu, do you think I need to take more than that? I also take Omega3 oil, to be fair I take tones of stuff  ;D  Wishing you tones of luck for this cycle hun  ^reiki^  xx