* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 191372 times)

0 Members

Offline May-be

modify
Re: Humira Experiences ~ Part 2
« Reply #70 on: 7/02/11, 22:45 »
Hi Ladies!

Jo & Mousky, thanks for your suggestions. Went today to Planet Organic and was quite surprised about selection of GF cereals, muesli and other things. Bought some good stuff  :)
I've also heard about cutting out nightshades from the diet, but i have to admit it will be difficult. I also love potatoes, but maybe i'll limit myself to one portion per week.
I love all the carbs, but already bought GF and WF pasta. I wonder if they make noodles as well?

I hope i can stick to it!

One day something will work :) Failing that I might resort to drinking like a fish and smoking like a chimney as that seems to do the trick for half the population out there  ;)
   ;D ;D ;D
So true! Worked for quite a few of my friends!

Good night ladies!xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #71 on: 9/02/11, 13:16 »
    Good luck to anyone who is about to retest or take HUmira.

I have just got my retest back my Tnfa has gone from 38.4 to 30.0- I'm chuffed to bits- I'm just so grateful I didn't flare.

I'm going to see Dr G on 17th - I'm not sure if he will recomend more HUmira as I thnki he likes it less than 30 but I'm not going there- As far as I am concerned its down enough to cycle as I will be throwing intralipids in the mix- Ive got a few weeks of trying to be good with diet and vit d and omega 3 to go so hopefully it will still drop a little bit more.

So on reflection symptoms alhtough horrid are good and waiting longer than 10 days to test may of been good too as it may of been just over 30 if I had done it earlier.

THe IFN G level has gone up from 14.9 to 15.1 so I assume that is the idea anyway.

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #72 on: 9/02/11, 13:26 »
    Morrigan:  Woo hoo, well done on the reduced TNF-a!!!  I have cytokine envy  ;D   Does that mean you're good to cycle now?  Out of interest, how long did you leave it 'til your re-test? 

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #73 on: 9/02/11, 13:36 »
    I left it 16 days before retest- The only other thing I did was the worming tablet !!!!

Well I'm going to cycle with next Af- whether Dr G agrees or not remains to be seen !

I hope you cytokines plumet soon  Jo !

Offline Tama

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #74 on: 9/02/11, 14:06 »
     ^clapping^  Well done Morrigan, that's great news! Now what's this about worming tablets?  ;D  Is this something I need to add to my list  ;D

I'm sure you will be good to go - exciting hun  ^hugme^

Jo when are you retesting? xx

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #75 on: 9/02/11, 14:08 »
    Thanks Morrigan.  If you're going to cycle anyway, I'd suggest not having the follow-up; he charged me 120 for a 10 min consultation when I knew I was going to be given another lot of humira plus IL  >:(   Perhaps you should just start your cycle??  All the best, may AF rear her ugly head soon!

Tama:   ;D  re worming tablet  ;D   I've got my second injection Friday, together with IL at Dr G's... I'm going to re-test 3 weeks after (as I'm going for a consultation with ARGC and that's what they're looking for).  How're you doing, all supplemented up now?  ::)

Offline Tama

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #76 on: 9/02/11, 14:12 »
    Jo, I too have had to pay out 120 twice for 10 min calls to Dr G which has really made me  ^bigbad^  This last time I'd emailed saying I need the scripts so I can get the drugs as I start tx today and he said he needed to speak to me. All he did was say okay so you need to take this, this and this - I already knew all this! Wasn't a happy bunny!

I seem to have pills coming out of my ears  ;D

Will this be your first ILs? I'm nervious about having them  ^idiot^  I have to have two one on day five of stimms and the other on day 9.

Just out of interest is anyone taking turmeric to help lower TNF? I've been taking 400mg daily but wonder if I need to be taking more? Thanks  :)

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #77 on: 9/02/11, 14:18 »
    Tama,

Hmm, 720 an hour isn't a bad rate if you can get it, eh?   ^bigbad^   >:(

If you have pills coming out of your ears, I'd suggest you're putting them in the wrong orifice  ^idiot^ ;D   I haven't taken turmeric in tab form, but have increased my turmeric-based curry intake, yum!  I've stopped gluten, and alcohol to try to reduce TNF-a.

It is my first IL, yes... I was going to ask actually, if any ladies who'd had them know how long it takes?  I suspect a couple of trashy mags might suffice for the duration?  And is IL based on body weight or just a 'standard' dose?  And one more, stupid question... as it's a TPN does it fill you up, like you've had a meal??  God, even writing that sounds stoopid! 

x

Offline Tama

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #78 on: 9/02/11, 14:31 »
    I know!  ^bigbad^

I think it takes about 2-3 hours from what I've read. I think ILs is a standard dose where as IVIg is done on weight.

Not sure about it filling you up  ;D  You'll have to let me know  :P

I've been off the booze too but there have been moments when I wish I could have one  ;) 

xx

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #79 on: 9/02/11, 14:33 »
    I was going to ask actually, if any ladies who'd had them know how long it takes?  And is IL based on body weight or just a 'standard' dose?  And one more, stupid question... as it's a TPN does it fill you up, like you've had a meal?? 

anything between 1-3 hrs
    no - std dose
    no - you'll probably want a snack and drink whilst you have it

have a look at the faq under I for intralipids?