* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 191108 times)

0 Members

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Humira Experiences ~ Part 2
« Reply #80 on: 9/02/11, 14:45 »
Thanks Agate.

Tama:  I will report back on Friday's experience!

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tama

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #81 on: 9/02/11, 14:52 »
    Thanks hun Good luck xx

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #82 on: 9/02/11, 18:14 »
    Thanks girls- I think your right about consult but I havn't been firm enough with him the  last time I saw him and I still have questions- This time I want to get every question on my list answered and ticked off and scripts for everything before I leave so I wont need another consult when (hark at me being postive!) I get a BFP- I'm planning to get a bulk lot of IL from my clinics pharmacy! I am determined to get my moneys worth out of the consult! lol!

Tama- ref worming - I'm taking everything else so I thought what the hec whats one more !- I brought some tumeric tablets today and managed to find some nutrasea omega 3 with vit D included- less rattling- When are you supposed to stop taking omega 3?

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #83 on: 9/02/11, 18:19 »
    Morrigan:  Well done on getting your money's worth... I think I need to do the same as I have some unanswered questions.  I'm not sure what it is about him but I always feel slightly intimidated  ^idiot^   Me and DH have a DQa match but he's never mentioned it... oh and I shall be getting scripts and everything (thanks for the reminder).  I won't even ASK about the worming  :o :o   Re omega 3; I don't think you're meant to stop taking it; v good for developing babies I believe.  And yes, of COURSE you'll get our BFP; we all will :)

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #84 on: 9/02/11, 18:26 »
    yes I am the same with him Jo but the advice ive been given by others is to just be firm- I may steady myself in marylebone starbucks before hand Lol!

Offline Tama

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #85 on: 9/02/11, 19:15 »
    I too find that he can be a little intimidating, however, after paying for two consults in 1 week I started to get a little  >:( So I have been very firm and stood my ground. I am sure that he is doing what he feels is best but sometimes when it is on your you need to just get as much as you can from speaking to him. I found he was pushing for the LIT for me but I didn't want to so was firm and said we are not going to do that, thank you and he was okay - after all its my money and my body!  ;D

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #86 on: 13/02/11, 19:31 »
    Hey ladies,

Just reporting back in as promised post IL with Dr G.  So, I had my fourth and final humira jab on Friday; gawd that one bloomin' well stings!  I went to Dr G's in the afternoon and had the IL... an absolute doddle.  I just sat there reading mags, and it was all over and done with in just under an hour.  I was expecting it to last far longer than that.  I don't know if I have particular hungry veins?!   ???   No side effects so far this time, which I'm hoping isn't a bad thing  ^idiot^   

Oh and I did ask Dr G about our DQa thing... we do have one match but seeing as my LAD test was totally fine (so I produce the antibodies needed), we don't have an issue.  Amazingly, and ladies, please ensure you're sitting down, he didn't charge me for it!!  Bit miffed that I didn't get offered a cuppa or anything but, well, you can't have everything  ;D

Hope you're all well.

Jo

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #87 on: 13/02/11, 20:37 »
    That's great news Jo - dqa off problem list is a good tick in the box - especially as it didn't cost you anything to find out it wasn't a problem - glad intralipids were easy- when are you retesting ?

Offline Tama

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 13/02/11, 22:37 »
    Jo really pleased the ILs went well. I have to say I'm pleased it was easy now I'm not so worried  :)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend xx

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #89 on: 14/02/11, 10:11 »
    Morrigan:  I'm retesting in three weeks', so 4 March.

Tama:  Yep, total breeze :)  A little cold going in, but fun with my jumper pulled down over my arm. 

Happy Valentine's everyone; hope you were all bombarded with lovely pressies this morning.