* Author Topic: Humira Chat ~ Part 2 (formerly Humira Ladies/Experiences)  (Read 191111 times)

0 Members

Offline Chocolatebox

modify
Re: Humira Experiences ~ Part 2
« Reply #90 on: 16/02/11, 15:38 »
Hello Ladies

I have had four shots of Humira so far and for the past month or so have noticed that my skin has become quite spotty? Has anyone else found this happening with Humira or is it just me and my crazy hormones/stress?  :(

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tama

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 16/02/11, 18:08 »
    Hi Starfish, I didn't notice this but do have rather spotty skin anyway  ^eyes^ I'm sure it will pass  ^hugme^ xx

Offline morrigan

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 16/02/11, 22:48 »
    I have had weird skin- bit more spotty than normal but more a texture change and weirdly I have to admit that I have one hair on my chin that grows through really thick ( yes I know ive reached that age!)- its blonde so its hard to see but I can feel it- since Humira its no longer thick.

Starfish- I'm blaming everything on the Humira at the mo- got to have a scape goat !

Offline jo_11

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #93 on: 17/02/11, 09:23 »
    Starfish:  I haven't had any spots, although seems others perhaps have.  Actually, after my 4th humira I feel positively marvellous and people keep commenting on how well I look... obv the negative side of me is thinking it can't have worked then, I'm meant to look like 7 shades of sh*t with humira, surely?!

Morrigan:  I seem to be attributing everything to humira at the mo as well!   ^idiot^

Tama:  Hi :)

Offline Sparklyone

modify
    « Reply #94 on: 17/02/11, 11:06 »
    Keep the faith girls in the humira - with first two shots mine went from 36.6 to 29.9. Had another two shots and an IL drip and got the results day before yesterday has gone down to 22  ready to start in 10 days :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I think I put a lot down to humira whenever I was feeling lousy. My skin on my face has gone rough too - like I have spots under the skin and its gone a bit scaley. No amount of moisturiser seems to be fixing it. Maybe from working outside in the cold though as I am renovating a house xxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Springflower

modify
    « Reply #95 on: 17/02/11, 13:03 »
    Hi Ladies

I'm about to taking taking Humira, and I'm trying to find the cheapest place to get it from.  Has anyone bought any recently?  I've just rung Tesco who I had heard where doing it cheap at 715 but I've just been quoated 858.03.  So I'm trying to suss it somewhere cheaper.

You side effects are scaring me! - eeek!!!

Offline Nancy Noo

modify
    « Reply #96 on: 17/02/11, 14:55 »
    Hi Springflower,

Not sure where you live but I got my Humira for 715.00 from my local Tesco in Kent. xxx

Offline Springflower

modify
    « Reply #97 on: 17/02/11, 15:17 »
    Thanks Nancy - Was that for a box of two or one?  My quote was for a box with two injections.  I'm in Surrey, maybe it's just more expensive there??

Offline Chocolatebox

modify
    « Reply #98 on: 17/02/11, 15:43 »
    Hello Ladies

Thanks for your responses xx

Morrigan - nice side effect of Humira  ;) , congrats on getting your TNF down. I found that Prednisolone was the one tablet that although small in size was packed full of side effects for me.. moonface, extra hair and spotty skin... uh oh still have that to look forward too

Jo 11: what a wonderful side effect!! plus compliments as well, looks like Humira certainly likes you, when are you due to retest your TNF levels?

Sparklyone: Fantastic result for you well done, its wonderful that you can start your cycle, i am going to be getting my TNF results on Monday , hope i can join you and start cycling as well. Ohhh house renovation sounds fantastic, we had a tough time renovating our house, lots of blood, sweat and tears but it was sooo worth it  ^afro^

Springflower: I purchased my Humira from Healthcare at home 745, i placed the order on a Friday and by Tuesday it had been delivered. I asked Jesicca at Dr G to fax the prescription directly to them.

Offline Nancy Noo

modify
    « Reply #99 on: 17/02/11, 16:08 »
    Hi Springflower,

It was a box of 2 injections, Superdrug also quoted me the same price but Boots quoted 890 so it really varies everywhere. xxx