* Author Topic: Immune issues - start here guide to this section!  (Read 141756 times)

0 Members

Offline Cloudbaby

• Un-Ranked
modify
Immune issues - start here guide to this section!
« Reply #100 on: 8/02/14, 19:12 »
Hi Agate

Thank you so much for your reply.

My first FET which was successful with my son in 2010, my lining was very thin, for which I had extra support for (patches, in addition to progynova and cyclogest). In fact on this cycle I fell pregnant with twins, but one twin was very poorly and died at 14wks. Since then all subsequent linings have been very good. The last lining was triple layers and 10.4mm at scan prior to ET.

I have also had a hysteroscopy in June 2013, just to be on the safe side and my uterine cavity all looked entirely normal.

In the FET's cylces I'm on progynova 6mg daily. This last cycle the cyclogest was upped to 3x day but previous it has been 2xday. I was on cyclogest 3xday with my son. For the 2nd fresh cycle due to OHSS on the first, I was on the short protocol and I didn't suffer any OHSS symptoms, for which I was so relieved.

I am now 37.
My DH has poor sperm count and mobility.
 The embryo that was successful with our son was a day 3, we choose on a subsequent cycle to also put back another day 3, but the remaining 7 have all been blasts.

Don't have PCOS

Weight 57kg. Not changed much at all if any since pregnancy. Weight very stable. BMI last checked at 21.

Many thanks

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #101 on: 10/02/14, 14:43 »
    ok.... well....because of the male factor, I'd do the greek infection tests - in case you both have an undiagnosed infection. 

if its positive then Id do the antibs they recommend and then I'd ask to try your last FET (with antibs, 25mg pred and 40mg clex) - maybe try a natural cycle with transfer about 5 days after your positive LH test - just in case your lining isn't liking the estrogens?

if its negative, then I'd get your partner to do the 40day antib/antioxidants protocol before you try another fresh cycle and ask for maybe 10mg pred again, intralipids, 40mg clex and do a scratch in the cycle before....  I'm not sure whether I'd do PGD.  I don't know on that one.

Offline Louella97

modify
    « Reply #102 on: 12/02/14, 15:28 »
    Dear Agate

After 5 failed IUI's and 2 failed IVF's one with own eggs and one with donor eggs; all using donor sperm
    I was wondering what the criteria for women to have immune issues ruled out?
    Waiting for my clinic to get back to me with an answer for this question, as consultant is away till end of next week.

Your advice would be gladly appreciated

Lou X

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #103 on: 12/02/14, 15:42 »
    Have a look in FAQ. There are no set criteria

Offline Louella97

modify
    « Reply #104 on: 12/02/14, 17:49 »
    Thank you, I will get reading now!!

Offline Cloudbaby

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #105 on: 16/02/14, 20:20 »
    Hi Agate

The regimes, you have mentioned I have not heard of before. Where can I read more about the Greek Infection tests and the 40day antib/antioxidant protocol?

My DH has just had DNA fragmentation testing done on his sperm and we are waiting those results.

Many thanks

Offline Joan_2013

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #106 on: 16/02/14, 22:11 »
    Dear Agate,
    I just wonder if you could shade some light on my immune issue. I have been through your FAQs and a few threads in this Forum. I didn't find a case like mine,although i did not read every reply in the >260 pages discussion.
    My have 3 failed IVF with the Nuffield in Woking, all un-explained infertility and failed after implant. I turned to ARGC last year for the 4th try, then started immune issue investigation with them. So far I have been through 2 course Humira and 1 ILP so far. The cytokine was 56.8 ( intially), 40.0(after 1st Humira),43.9(2nd Humira) and 46.7 after the intralipids. It doesn't look the ILP and Humira works much on me. I was asked to carry on the 2nd ILP tomorrow - confidence of that will works is really low.
    I just wonder from your knowledge, what is theh chance a 2nd ILP will bring such high cytokine down, and if it fails again, are there are other options?
    I atttached the results from the initial bld test, would really appreciate your opinion of what it says
    TH1:TH2 Cytokine
    TNFa 56.8, IFNg 35.0,
    Histone Antibodies
    Cardiolipin Ab IgG 3.0, Cardio Ab IgM 5.7
    NK Assay (% Killed) Panel
    50:1         18.3%
    25:1        14.9%
    12.5:1     11.8%,
    IgG conc 12.5 50:1

Offline Joan_2013

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #107 on: 16/02/14, 22:17 »
    Agate,
    I clicked the wrong buttton before finished the typing. The remaining bld test results include
    IgG conc 12.5  50:1       16.4%
    IgG conc 12.5  25:1       15.8%
    IgG conc 6.25  50:1       16.8%
    IgG conc 6.25  25:1       16.1%

CD3%    70.9%
    CD19%    14.3%
    CD56%     13.3%
    CD19+,CD5+ Cells 19.1%
    Apart from the Cyctokine, the last 3 CD results are marked as high as well, what does that mean?
    Your advice would be highly appreciated.
    Joann

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #108 on: 17/02/14, 11:43 »
    Hi Agate

The regimes, you have mentioned I have not heard of before. Where can I read more about the Greek Infection tests and the 40day antib/antioxidant protocol?

My DH has just had DNA fragmentation testing done on his sperm and we are waiting those results.

Many thanks

info on greek tests is in my serum file (and more in my immune faq under chlamydia, mycoplasma and ureaplasma)

40 days of doxcyline 100mg twice a day plus high dose vit C and vit E.

Joan:  your tnfa seems to be heading in the right direction?

all your immunes show an inflammatory pattern - v high TNFa ratio, high CD56 (NK cells), increased NK killing power (50:1 etc).

the raised CD19+5+ makes it look as though the underlying problem is something autoimmune.   Do you have:

history of chlamydia infection
    joint pain issues
    autoimmune disease family history
    inflammatory bowel disease
    allergy/asthma/eczema?

if you can work out the cause, then it can be easier to work out what you might to do try and fix it.

Offline Joan_2013

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #109 on: 17/02/14, 18:47 »
    Agate,
    thanks very much for your reply.
    I do have joint pain issues from time to time, especially in winter and in cold weather. I might have some inflammatory bowel disease as well, not sure how to confirm it..
    Do you advise i should go to ARGC to ask them to look at these issues  or should I go to see the GP?
    Thanks again.
    Joan