* Author Topic: Immune issues - start here guide to this section!  (Read 141760 times)

0 Members

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
  • Volunteer
modify
Immune issues - start here guide to this section!
« Reply #110 on: 17/02/14, 22:07 »
I've never been a patient of ARGC but have got the impression that they don't flex their immune protocols much or try to work out what is driving an immunes issue?

personally, I'd push for NSAIDS e.g. celebrex, and maybe pred 10mg for a month before tx for the joint pain to try and reduce any inflammation being driven by that.

for the IBD, if you haven't had any investigations done before by your doc, it could be a long road to get it sorted and if its not debilitating they won't be inclined to do much?  But, I would avoid any foods that you notice make it feel worse e.g. wheat, dairy or whatever.

and I'd push for high dose fish oils and possibly resveratrol 250mcg alongside your other prep.... but I'm thinking that ARGC probably won't be keen on any of these suggestions?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Joan_2013

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #111 on: 19/02/14, 16:02 »
    Agate,
    thanks very much.
    Will arrange to meet ARGC doc to see if they can adjust the treatment and try to find the root cause..Joan

Offline LittleMissPositive

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #112 on: 25/02/14, 16:19 »
    Hi Agate,
    At the tender age of 32 and 7 IVF cycles behind me (incl 2 early mc), I went ahead and did the Chicago bloods recently at my old IVF clinic - sims Dublin. My last 2 ivf's (where I got 1 of my BFP but mc) were at cube in Prague but unfortunately they don't cover immune issues.
    Could you shed some light on what the Chicago results suggest.....
    50:1              15.2
    25:1              10.3
    12.5:1            6.2
    IVIG 12.5 mg/ml, 50:1**   10.8
    IVIG 12.5 mg/ml, 25:1**    9.2
    Intralipid 1.5mg/ml, 50:1   12.9
    Intralipid 1.5mg/ml, 25:1     9.7

%CD3                         80.9
    %CD19                       11.2
    %CD56                         7.4
    %CD19+cells, CD5+               19.0(H)

TH1/TH2 inter acellular Cytokines Ratios
    TNF-a:IL-10 (CD3+CD4+)       29.8
    IFN-g:IL-10 (CD3+CD4+)        17.2

I suppose I should also state here that previous basic immune blood tests showed my ANA level at 1600 (centromere) and I also have been tested with a PAI of 30 and 4g/5g with MTHFR heterozygous...
    I was prescribed steroids, intralipids, and clexane for my preg 2 cycles, but would I benefits from humira and or neupogen?? Resveratol???

I had my Vit D tested with my go and it came back slightly low at 47....

Anything you can add Agate would be brilliant.....

Offline Luck2014

• Gold Member
    • This WILL BE the lucky year
    modify
    « Reply #113 on: 25/02/14, 23:28 »
    Hello Agate

Hope you are well. Thank you for your help earlier this week.  I have just had my second antiphospholipid test done and await the result as my first one was borderline.  Please can you tell me if it comes back positive, would you suggest also getting tested for N K Cells?  Are the two linked?  You mentioned asthma to a previous poster, can asthma and related illnesses increase the N K Cells that can effect woman in pregnancy?  Your help in this matter is very much appreciated.

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #114 on: 26/02/14, 09:51 »
    Hi Agate,
    At the tender age of 32 and 7 IVF cycles behind me (incl 2 early mc), I went ahead and did the Chicago bloods recently at my old IVF clinic - sims Dublin. My last 2 ivf's (where I got 1 of my BFP but mc) were at cube in Prague but unfortunately they don't cover immune issues.
    Could you shed some light on what the Chicago results suggest.....
    50:1              15.2
    25:1              10.3
    12.5:1            6.2
    IVIG 12.5 mg/ml, 50:1**   10.8
    IVIG 12.5 mg/ml, 25:1**    9.2
    Intralipid 1.5mg/ml, 50:1   12.9
    Intralipid 1.5mg/ml, 25:1     9.7

%CD3                         80.9
    %CD19                       11.2
    %CD56                         7.4
    %CD19+cells, CD5+               19.0(H)

TH1/TH2 inter acellular Cytokines Ratios
    TNF-a:IL-10 (CD3+CD4+)       29.8
    IFN-g:IL-10 (CD3+CD4+)        17.2

I suppose I should also state here that previous basic immune blood tests showed my ANA level at 1600 (centromere) and I also have been tested with a PAI of 30 and 4g/5g with MTHFR heterozygous...
    I was prescribed steroids, intralipids, and clexane for my preg 2 cycles, but would I benefits from humira and or neupogen?? Resveratol???

I had my Vit D tested with my go and it came back slightly low at 47....

Anything you can add Agate would be brilliant.....

your immunes look normal apart from  v slightly raised NKa, and CD19+5+ which can be associated with antihormonal/antiovarian issues...

so would sort out your vit D, maybe take omega 3 fish body oil 1-3g per day.  test ATAs, TSH and FT4 with GP.
    in cycle would ask for clexane and maybe low dose steroids.  wouldn't expect you really need humira.  gcsf might be worth a try but nothing in your tests strongly suggests that immunes are the big problem here

for pai-1 how is your insulin resistance and bmi?

luck: for aplas the main tx is blood thinners (clexane, aspirin) and low dose steroids.

Offline Svetlanab1

modify
    « Reply #115 on: 23/03/14, 19:14 »
    Hello Agate
    I would be gratefull if you could just advise me on whether I need to retest NK Cell iNhivition Panel once again or not.
    Here it the story .I am just getting ready for me 6th DE FET cycle. I am with Dr Gorgy for Imnnunes.
    My NK cell inibition panel was ok apart from below results
    %CD56  was 16,6 which is high
    %CD10+cells, CD5+  was 12.6. which is high

My TNF alfa :IL ( CD3+CD4+) was 33,5 9Hihg ) I took 1 round of humira ( 2 injections ) and retested tnf alfa only , I got flare so after 1st round my result was  37.8. I have had 2nd round of humira and will retest on 31.3 .

However  dr G told me to test only tnf alfa first time and I do not remember him to advise me to retest CD56 and CD10 and CD5 .
    I believe I am only suppose to retest tnf alfa and I suppose he migh give me some treatment for all those CD things later on.
    When I cycled with him before I had teh NK Panell within the rate so I would be gratefull If you could tell me what I could expect regarding elevated CD56  and CD10 and CD5... as above. Thank you very much.
    PS I am takaing omega 3 about 3 grams a day, resveratrol. curcumin, selenium, and I am taking also 50 mg thyroxine a day as my tsh was 2.4 begining of january.

Thank you.

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #116 on: 24/03/14, 08:41 »
    i can't tell you what dr g would suggest, but I'd be reluctant to retest tnfa or nk cells due to the cost.

Offline Need1Miracle

modify
    « Reply #117 on: 24/03/14, 12:52 »

Hi Agate, how are you today?

I'm just back from Athens and had my chicago code results email to me. Would you mind taking a look at them and giving your opinion?? I think my NK results are normal but think maybe my TNFs are high. I'll just take a note of the numbers i think you need and post them below.

Many Thanks,
    Sarah

Offline Need1Miracle

modify
    « Reply #118 on: 24/03/14, 14:46 »

Results:

W.B.C count 5,400 / ul

%    Concentration
    Neutrophils     46.2        2,495
    Lymphocytes  41.5        2,241
    Monocytes      7.8          421
    Eosinophils      3.0          162
    Baseophils       1.5         81

Th1/Th2                                          Ratio
    CD3 CD4 IFNy 10,71%                   CD3 CD4 IFNy/IL-10     18,15
    CD3 CD4 TNFa  33,41%                  CD3 CD4 TNFa/IL-10     56,63
    CD3 CD4 IL-10 0,59 %

NK                   NK Cytotoxicity
    50:1                         12, 50
    25: 1                         9, 50
    12,5:1                        4,50

Any other numbers you need?

If you could shed any light on what any of this means, i would be highly thankful.

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #119 on: 24/03/14, 15:11 »
    hard to figure out what belongs on which line but I think its showing a low NK killing power and a tnfa:il10 of 56.63%?  So a bit of inflammation but not a problem with NK cells.