* Author Topic: Immune issues - start here guide to this section!  (Read 141763 times)

0 Members

Offline johnsdm1

• Gold Member
  • Baby Boy Sebastian who is now passed 24 weeks.
modify
Immune issues - start here guide to this section!
« Reply #120 on: 3/04/14, 20:53 »
Please can someone advise me on what to do. I've just getting a print out from GP

My TSH level is nice and low.

It says a thyroid peroxidase antibody result 34 indicates that autoimmune disease is likely to develop and thyroid test should be monitored. Mine is 39.8

IM due to change hospitals for my 2nd round of IVF. My last until didn't do the TPO test.

Should I tell my GP I want to be referred to an endocrinologist or ask for more blood tests. I didn't have a t4 or t3 test. Sorry I don't understand what those are. I just had TSH AND TPO.

How would I proceed with this.

Thanks ladies xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #121 on: 3/04/14, 22:07 »
    have a look in faq under thyroid.... and maybe start on selenium 200mcg per day and omega 3 fish body oil 1-5g per day.  A gluten free diet seems to help in some cases.... and you may want to talk to your clinic about taking steroids plus blood thinners with your next Tx.

Offline johnsdm1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #122 on: 11/04/14, 16:38 »
    Hiya and thanks for your help.

Went back to my GP and got the nurse to take blood for t4 t3 and a few other things but the hospital refused to test t4 because they said my tsh level was within range (low)

I'm sure I've read that just because your tsh is low and your tpo is high doesn't mean something is not wrong. That's their attitude. I guess I'm going to have to make some calls. I'm sick of fighting to get help when I have problems or feel unwell.

Offline Fraggles

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #123 on: 9/05/14, 22:26 »
    Hi
    If someone is having donor egg treatment could they still experience immune issues?
    x

Offline Fishes

modify
    « Reply #124 on: 10/05/14, 07:16 »
    Hey,
    Yes even if your using DE, you can still have immune issues in your body.
    Hope that helps
    X

Offline Silver star

• Gold Member
    • walking up a very long IVF hill !
    modify
    « Reply #125 on: 17/05/14, 20:10 »
    Good evening everyone ,

So I need some help and info , 3 weeks ago we had our 7th BFN !

So I've as we are using ED , I am now looking at all the other things , like sperm/fibroids/immunise ,

So far we have been to andrology solution and zita west ,
    We where given a list of tests to have by AS ( cost 800+ ) and at ZW the same , how ever they want or think I should get my immunise tested 1st , they cost 820 , so my Q is , ; is there anywhere in London that dose it cheaper ? And if I get my dr to draw the blood will it be cheaper ?

Any saving is good , I was feeling soooooo low the past few weeks but my trip to ZW as given me a bit of hope .......

Also what DOSE my GP have to give me ? What can I ask for ?

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #126 on: 18/05/14, 07:59 »
    you could look at what it costs to send blood to RIC in London drawn by your GP but there are so many possible immune tests its hard to compare like with like

Offline Fishes

modify
    « Reply #127 on: 18/05/14, 08:57 »
    Hi all,

What is the general consensus on the whopping cough vaccination, when you have immunity issues? Is it safe?

X

Offline johnsdm1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #129 on: 21/05/14, 10:34 »
    Or you could just go to your GP and request that the nurse take blood tests for what you need.

If there is a problem with that ring your local primary care trust and ask them will they fund it.

I just went to my GP and said the hospital wants me to have these tests done and I didn't pay.

Try it you might get somewhere.

Good luck xx