* Author Topic: Immune issues - start here guide to this section!  (Read 142522 times)

0 Members

Offline rainbows_treasure

• hoping to be blessed with our treasure ♡♥♡
modify
Immune issues - start here guide to this section!
« Reply #180 on: 8/10/14, 11:00 »
Ill inbox you them or put them on here either or thanks xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

modify
    « Reply #181 on: 8/10/14, 11:34 »
    Here goes....

Clotting Screening Test (XaEXO)

One stage prothrombin time (42Q5.) BELOW RANGE 9.5 s (10.0 -13.0) - Below low reference limit

Partial thromboplastin time activated (XS9U4) 32.9 s (24.0 -36.0)

Fibrinogen Level (X76wQ) 3.5 g/L (1.5 -4.5)

Autoantibody Level (XaEWg)

Anti-nuclear factor level (XaC2s) Negative

Mitochondrial antibody level (XaEPp) Negative

Anti-smooth muscle autoantibody level (XE2ph) Negative

Anti-GPC Ab Negative

Anti liver/kidney microsome type 1 antibody level (XaMDh) Negative

Rheumatoid Factor Level (XE255) <9.9 iu/mL (0.0-15.0)

Immunoglobulin level (XE2wl)

Serum total protein level(XE2e9) 69 g/L (60.0-80.0)

Serum albumin level (XE2eA) 44g/L (35.0-50.0)

Serum globulin level (XE2eB) 25g/L (20.0-32.0)

Immunogloblin G level (XE259) 7.8g/L (6.0-16.0)

IgA antibody level (XaJoT) 1.83g/L (0.8-2.8)

Immunogloblin M Level (XE25A) 0.87g/L (0.71-2.3) interpret with serum electrophoresis

Serum protein electrophoresis (XE25U) Normal serum protein electroophoresis

Totally lost with these results......also since our failed treatment my asthma which is usually fine has been horendous can this have anything to do with a immune issue??

Im clueless Thanks xx

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #182 on: 8/10/14, 11:59 »
    I THINK they are normal

modify
    « Reply #183 on: 8/10/14, 13:16 »
    Thanks so much one of them is low the second ne does that mean anything?? x  Also sorry to be a pain but any idea on the asthma after failed treatment cant shift it xx

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #184 on: 8/10/14, 16:47 »
    i don't know about that one.  normally there is just the aptt - I don't know what the one-stage test means if its shortened

Offline jazjoon

modify
    « Reply #185 on: 9/10/14, 00:47 »

Totally lost with these results......also since our failed treatment my asthma which is usually fine has been horendous can this have anything to do with a immune issue??

Sorry to hear about your cycle not working out ^hugme^
    Keep hope - the immunes may be the ticket for you!

Actually may be able to help w the PT test (I researched clotting assays a lot this summer!)  ::)

Prothrombin, or factor II, is one of the clotting factors made by the liver. Vitamin K is needed to make prothrombin and other clotting factors. Prothrombin time is an important test because it checks to see if five different blood clotting factors (factors I, II, V, VII, and X) are present... Prothrombin time is usually measured in seconds the time it takes for your blood to clot. This way of determining prothrombin time creates results that will vary depending on the laboratory and the method used to test the blood, but a sample range is approximately 10 to 14 seconds. A number higher than average means it takes blood longer than usual to clot. A lower number means blood clots more quickly than expected.

Basically, if you are NOT on warfarin (oral anticoagulant), all those coagulation numbers should be normal UNLESS you have a clotting issue.  A low PT or APTT generally means you are clotting QUICKLY (ie you clot too easily... PT measures the time it takes to clot and if is low #, then time to clotting is too short, see?  That's how I help myself understand the #s.) 

I can't quite figure why the Dr said everything is normal with a short PT... maybe it was bc it was 9.5 ie barely outside normal range?  Personally I would want to be solidly within normal range - clotting is so easy to fix and blood flow helps with so many things.  Also if you were just post-AF, not ovulating, not stimming, not on estrogens, not pregnant it could be falsely normal, bc all those things can thicken the blood (mainly due to estrogens effects)... and by the time you get to your ET your PT ma have shortened even more. 

Maybe you could benefit from blood thinners if you aren't already on them.  At least a baby aspirin.  Even a lot of non-immune REs are now putting women on blood thinners just bc it seems to help success rates.  Better blood flow helps with egg quality, too.  Plus my OB who is really up on immunes says lovenox is a potent anti-inflammatory
    All in all I think that # is worth looking into more. 

FYI if you are on blood thinner like clexane (lovenox) vs warfarin your PT will NOT lengthen (go up) nor usually does your aPTT - so you can't use that to monitor whether you are back in "normal" range ie are you responding to the blood thinner and are you on the right dosage.  Most of us are on "prophylactic" not "therapeutic" doses of the blood thinners so we don't really need to monitor dosages - but I personally feel if you have the family and personal history to justify it, you may actually need a therapeutic dose (especially once pregnant and if taking estrogens) - and you don't know you're there until the blood results show it.  (One can be resistant to the heparins too, and need a bigger dose.)  The monitoring test for heparins is called Anti-Xa I believe or alternatively a heparin assay.  (FYI a 3rd type of blood thinner called Arixtra (fondparinux) doesn't show up on THAT test either - it has it's own assay for monitoring (one is rarely required to monitor arixtra dosing tho - unlike lovenox/clexane/heparins, which it's recommended to monitor during pregnancy IF you have a significant risk of clotting.)

Based on that questionable PT you might also want to think about getting the MTHFR and PAI-1 tests (that's part of Level 2 testing).  This is to see if you have a genetic mutation that predisposes you to clots.  My PT and aPTT were low-"normal" when Kwak tested them, but I still had hetero (1 copy) MTHFR and homo (both copies) PAI-1 mutations.  This put me at risk not only of tiny blood clots in the uterine arteries (thus increasing risk of miscarriage) but also a greater lifetime risk of clots and strokes.  So it was a really good thing to know, I'm now on lifelong baby aspirin and Folgard/metanx even when not preg or TTC.

Also wanted to share that every time I have a MC, chemical or what I suspect is a failed implantation, I get a flare of my autoimmune condition (mostly arthritic for me).  I think asthma has immune connection, no?  So it could definitely be your failed cycle.  Also the stim meds and high estro seem to trigger immune reaction per kwak the NKs go up even as we get close to ovulating naturally (vs the early follicular phase).  Maybe your embies tried to stick and the body mounted a defense against the implantation... and flaring your asthma as well.  Doing some kind of anti-inflammatory protocol from right now might help shift it and also help with egg quality.  just a thought.

sorry if you have already done all this, I can't tell from your post/siggy quite how far you've gone down the immune road, but since you said "level one" I'm assuming you're just starting to investigate immunes...  like I said keep up hope there's a lot that can be done on the immune front. 

modify
    « Reply #186 on: 9/10/14, 09:23 »
    Thanks so much for Jazjoon you have really explained things well to me had the test a while back but just relooked at it had it not that long after a failed IVF do you think its worth retesting?  How long does it take for the ivf drugs to get out your system.  Ive been looking into getting the natural killer tests done at RIC but my clinic wont prescribe a higher dose of steriods than 10mg so if I need more going to have to look into going somewhere else.  Just  keep ummming and ahhhing over the price as we paying now but think if I dont and it doesnt work then Ill always regret it.  Do agree with your theory about my asthma arent bodies strange.  Always thought I have a high level of Natural Killer cells as Im never usually ill never had chicken pox etc and been around people who have had it with close contact and my mum always pushed for me to have it when I was younger.  If I have any other questions would you mind me messaging you?? x

modify
    « Reply #187 on: 9/10/14, 09:26 »
    Whats APTT? xx

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #188 on: 9/10/14, 12:34 »
    activated partial prothrombin time

modify
    « Reply #189 on: 9/10/14, 14:02 »
    thanks agate x