* Author Topic: Immune issues - start here guide to this section!  (Read 144229 times)

0 Members

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
  • Moderator-4
modify
Immune issues - start here guide to this section!
« Reply #220 on: 30/10/14, 13:19 »
as far as I know there are no studies that say that LMWH increases the risk of miscarriage?

the studies on aspirin are conflicting with some trials showing a benefit and others a disbenefit... so it probably depends on what the underlying causes of the miscarriages are... like everything... taking meds at random may not help, but a careful doc should sift through the most likely possibilities for each case and then decide what its a good idea for that patient to take based on history, prior miscarriages, most likely causes etc.

if you have concerns you should definitely discuss with your doc.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline cheeps

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #221 on: 31/10/14, 15:07 »
    AGATE - are you able to help me please. I've had my immunes tested and argc have advised the following  -

CYTOKINES - 35 and NK CD19 - 16 and CD5 & CD19 - 10.3.

Also he said my AMH is 9.4 which is on the low side for my age (31 yrs). Should I be concerned?

Please can you explain in English what this means as I'm clueless. All I got from the conversation is that those areas are higher than they like it.

Many thanks

Offline agate

• Moderator-4
    modify
    « Reply #222 on: 31/10/14, 15:40 »
    it sounds like your TH1:TH2 is a bit high suggesting you have some background inflammation - argc like humira for that but other clinics use steroids, fish oils, resveratrol, celebrex etc so there are cheaper alternatives that may work as well as humira.  see cytokines in faq.

if your AMH is low for your age, it basically doesn't tell you anything about your egg quality but it means that you can't expect to get high numbers of eggs recovered when you do a stimulated IVF... so your chance may just as good as anyone else your age but it all depends on the quality of the eggs/embies you get.  if you get poor quality and poor numbers then it doesn't bode well, but you only need to get 1 or 2 good quality embies for everything to go well for you.

Offline cheeps

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #223 on: 31/10/14, 15:54 »
    Thanks agate, that's really helpful. How would we all cope without our translator!  ;D

Offline Bisdil

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #224 on: 4/11/14, 18:47 »
    Hi Agate,

Looks like you're the one to ask about this  ;) Receptionist at the ARGC has told me a brief overview (?) of my immune results (I am hoping that she didn't forget to turn over the page where there could be some horrors lurking!) 

From what I gather, she has told me only ones which have come outside of normal range:
    CD3 85.3 (normal range 60-85)
    CD19+CD5+ 2.3 (normal range 5-10)

This doesn't look terrible to me but I literally have no idea! Do you?  I see a lot online about raised CD19+CD5 but nothing at all on a low result.  I am guessing that .3 above for CD3 isn't terrible, but I really have no idea.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to reply. Bisdil. x

Offline agate

• Moderator-4
    modify
    « Reply #225 on: 4/11/14, 20:26 »
    you really need to look at CD56 and 50:1 rather than those ones.

Offline Bisdil

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #226 on: 4/11/14, 22:59 »
    Ok, thanks. The ones I shared above were the only ones she mentioned on the phone. Hopefully I'll know more on Thursday.
    Xx

Offline debsmc1

• Registered-2
    modify
    LIT Ladies chat ~ Part 4 (formerly LIT needed)
    « Reply #227 on: 8/11/14, 11:33 »
    Hi All

this is my first post on FF... going through the same journey as al lot of you at the moment..

4 years TTC, 1 miscarriage at 6weeks in July 2013 and then just had my first failed IVF ... :-[

plus i have mild endometritis to add to the mix (chocolate cyst removed in july 14)

time is running out with me as i'm now 42, and before i try another IVF cycle i am looking into getting some immunology tests done to see if there is anything wrong here, but not sure where to get tests done / price difference? i'm based in Glasgow, so suspect its either England or abroad for them... any suggestions?

my acupunturist suggested:

NK cell
    Th1 and Th2
    Automimmunity
    Thyroid antibodies
    IgG and IgM antibodies

can your local GP do any of these?

any suggestions / help would be so apreciated - its a minefield out there xx

Offline agate

• Moderator-4
    modify
    « Reply #228 on: 8/11/14, 11:53 »
    Gp can normally do the level 1s.  See level 1 in FAQ (look in my signature).  Only a fertility clinic would normally do cytokines and NKa.  Have you looked into what GCRM can offer?

Offline Maria00

• Gold Member-10018
    • babydust needed :)
    modify
    « Reply #229 on: 8/11/14, 21:52 »
    GCRM doesn't believe in immune testing. When I asked, they suggested to have them done in London if I really wanted. :(