* Author Topic: Immune issues - start here guide to this section!  (Read 144235 times)

0 Members

Offline oldermum2

• Registered-2
  • Me 48 hubby 42. Me 2 bio kids 10 and 18.
modify
Immune issues - start here guide to this section!
« Reply #230 on: 17/11/14, 21:59 »
Thought I'd share my own experience.

Peny had me on an immune protocol last Xmas which did result in pregnancy but mc at 6 weeks.
Leading up to transfer I took Valtrex (I get coldsores), my man and I both had antibiotics, prednisolone (steroids), progynova, Utrogestan progesterone pessaries,   After transfer daily Clexane injections and continued with prednisolone, progynova, Utrogestan.

I was given Pregnyl but my new clinic doesn't use it and I'm now seven weeks pregnant.

This cycle I'm also receiving intravenous Intralipid infusions every two weeks.  First one was ten days prior to transfer.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lilypink

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #231 on: 19/11/14, 15:47 »
    Agate - after 2 failed cycles my consultant advised me to re test some level 1's
    So far iv had back my thyroid which was TSH 1.6 and T4 12.6
    Im going for my blood clotting Friday.
    She also asked me to check my ferratin levels as iv got previous history of anemia / they have come back at 10 and I'm awaiting action as apparently that is very very low.
    Have you ever heard of low ferratin affecting fertility?

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Moderator-4
    modify
    « Reply #232 on: 19/11/14, 17:19 »
    I don't think it would help but I don't know if it affects fertility

Offline pookiepoo

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #233 on: 19/11/14, 17:35 »
    Hi Lilypink,

I'm also low on ferratin and am now on iron tablets. I understand it can cause  anovulatory cycles (i.e. cycles with no ovulation). This can of course effect fertility as if you don't ovulate you won't conceive. IVF will overcome this.

Having said this, a friend who suffered natural mc after natural conception was told by her obstetrician that the mc was due to her being low in iron. I don't know how true this is, but doesn't hurt to take prescription iron supplements. Remember that you will naturally become low in ferratin when pregnant.

Only down side is you get (NOT VERY) funny tummy from the tablets you get from GP for this.

pany

Offline Lilypink

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #234 on: 19/11/14, 18:20 »
    Thanks pany, I know I ovulate each month & have still got 6 frozen embreyo's so hopefully any issues by low ferratin will be sorted by that.
    I am going to pick up my prescription tomo, haven't taken them for years but remember the bad stomach :( do you take anything with them? X

Offline Tracey42

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #235 on: 19/11/14, 18:33 »
    Hi

I'm having immunes treatment through FGA.

I've just started  FET cycle, CD1 was Sat. I have quite an array of meds to take. Dr Gorgy's only instruction was to take them all (apart from 2 x 2mg Progynova) in the morning.

Quick question: Does anyone have advice on how I should be taking/spacing these meds?  I'm just making it up as I go along:

L-Thyroxine 25mg & Suprecur injection 0.5ml before breakfast.
    Prednisolone 40mg & Progynova (1st 2mg), with breakfast.
    Clexane injection 40ml before I leave for work.

So all taken in the space of one hour, 7am - 8am.

Thanks in advance  :)

Offline cheeps

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #236 on: 21/11/14, 14:04 »
    Agate - Please can you help clear something up for me. I have tested positive for Ureaplasma twice now and am on a different course of antibiotics from the first time. When I got tested for immunes, I would have had the infection. Also, I had raised white blood cells in blood work which indicated an infection and now that makes sense as I didn't feel ill or run down when I had my blood sample done. My immunes showed the flowing results -

CYTOKINES - 35 and NK CD19 - 16 and CD5 & CD19 - 10.3.

Could the Ureaplasma infection be causing the raised numbers?

Offline agate

• Moderator-4
    modify
    « Reply #237 on: 21/11/14, 15:07 »
    It's not impossible.

Offline pookiepoo

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #238 on: 25/11/14, 06:39 »
    Hi Agate and all,

I wanted advice for how to take preds (steroid tablets).
    I like to take them as early as possible in the morning, which is 3 hours before I actually have my breakfast. Now my issue is that dr G has put on directions to take medicin with food, while there is no note about it in the medicin instructions....what's is the norm and can I take them without food?

Thanks,

Pany

Offline agate

• Moderator-4
    modify
    « Reply #239 on: 25/11/14, 08:39 »
    I've always taken steroids with breakfast