* Author Topic: Immune issues - start here guide to this section!  (Read 144198 times)

0 Members

Offline Tigger99

• Super Moderator-5
  • When raining look for rainbows; when dark look for stars
modify
Immune issues - start here guide to this section!
« Reply #330 on: 11/02/15, 19:29 »
Thanks Agate. I don't have a dqa match with dh so would I be ok with lit just from dh or would you still recommend pooled lit? It's just so much cheaper via serum than DrG!

Also my KIR results are in. I'm AA so missing all 3 receptors. Guess that means I need neupogen?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Moderator-4
    modify
    « Reply #331 on: 11/02/15, 23:03 »
    according to some theories yes, gcsf.

i've never really been convinced that pooled or donor lit makes sense... so I'm biased

Offline Tigger99

• Super Moderator-5
    • When raining look for rainbows; when dark look for stars
    modify
    « Reply #332 on: 12/02/15, 07:19 »
    Thanks Agate. Can I ask why you think lit doesn't make sense? I'm interested in your opinion on this.

What do you think drives the need for neupogen then if the kir test is only theoretical?

Offline agate

• Moderator-4
    modify
    « Reply #333 on: 12/02/15, 08:23 »
    There was a very small study that showed a better pg rate for women with aa haplotype for KIR who took GCSF but not for a group who took it and were not aa.  Pretty sure its in my FAQ?

Re donor lit: unless the blood donor is also giving the egg or sperm its really not obvious how it could aid pregnancy for your body to mount antibodies to their white cells

Offline PBAL

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #334 on: 12/02/15, 15:24 »
    Hello

Im hoping this is the forum to go to for some advice.

I had my NK results back and this what it says: Your uNK count was 9.38% of your stromal cells. The upper limit of normal is 5%. This means that the results of the test indicates borderline uNK cell density.
    I have a meeting with the prof next Tuesday - In the meantime, do you ladies know what this all means - will I need steroids, intrilapids. Im in a panic as my DE trasnfer is in April and I need to arrange things.

Any advice most welcome

God Bless

PBAL

Offline Chocolatebox

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #335 on: 16/02/15, 14:01 »
    Hi Ladies

Could someone please help interpret my KIR results, i suffer from recurrent miscarriage so am keen to understand what my results mean. Would it be beneficial to take Neupogen? I am on day 3 of a natural/mild ivf cycle, so looking to see Dr Gorgy sharpish if i do need Neupogen.... results took quite a while to come back... hope its not too late to take the meds if i need them

KIR GENOTYPE GROUP is Bx

Inhibitory 2DL1
                    2DL2* 001/2/3/5
                    2DL4
                    2DL5
                    3DL2
                    3DL3

Activating 2DS1
                    2DS2
                    2DS3
                    2DS5
                    3DS1

Thanks xxx

Offline loopylou70

• Jr. Member-10015
    modify
    « Reply #336 on: 16/02/15, 15:28 »
    Hi ladies,
    We have decided to go back to serum for a final frozen dd cycle. Would appreciate any advice or info anyone has with regards vitamins, supplements etc that may help.
    Also info on neuprogen as peny mentioned that maybe try that next time and high dose steroids. Is neuprogen an injection? How often do you have it and how much is the cost?
    Peny thinks I may have immune issues but said not to waste my money testing and to just up the steroids. I have had 3 children but the last 4 years have now had 3 mc's.

I have asked this question before but can't remember the names given. Where could I have implantation cuts or scratch done in this country. I live in surrey so not far from London.

Take care xxxx

Offline agate

• Moderator-4
    modify
    « Reply #337 on: 16/02/15, 20:42 »
    Neupogen- see gcsf in FAQ.

Chocolate box:normal KIR

Offline PBAL

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #338 on: 17/02/15, 22:30 »
    Hi ladies.

Well i had my consult with prof quenby's team today. My uterine nk cells at 9.38% of the stromal cells are high. The threshold is 5%. They recommended no intralipids and no dexamethasone.  They reccomend i take 20mg steroids on the day of et. I can take Clexane from et also and not before.  In regards to the scratch in the cycle before. It is a big no to this. They reccomend i have the endometrial irritation on ec if my day 10 lining scan is 7mm or lower. This will help the lining to increase. So i need to make sure my lining is super duper. so what do you ladies think. Does this seem sensible? Agate and ladies i have no experience when it comes to immunes.  Thank you in advance for responding.

Pbal xx

Offline agate

• Moderator-4
    modify
    « Reply #339 on: 18/02/15, 07:41 »
    No dex, but they recommend another steroid instead?  Pred?  They are v similar.

Its logical not to scratch if your NKs are high, but i can't see why they think its important to start clexane and steroids not until et.