* Author Topic: Immune issues - start here guide to this section!  (Read 141850 times)

0 Members

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
  • Volunteer
modify
Re: Immune issues - start here guide to this section!
« Reply #40 on: 7/04/13, 10:29 »
i don't know your clinic's view of immune issues or whether they would be helpful/unhelpful about you exploring this.   They are likely to point out that if you only had the symptoms once, it could be a coincidence.

I GUESS you have to see what support your clinic will give you for immune tx/tests and if you aren't happy to seek a second opinion elsewhere?

if you have a history of ectopic though, my first thought would be to explore the greek infection tests. I'd GUESS at the possibility of chlamydia causing tubal damage and raised NKa

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Untome

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 7/04/13, 10:50 »
    Yes I had ectopic once before.. What are these Greek infections test - is it the serum clinic you mention in our posts? Do I need to get there or the tests or send samples to them from here??

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 7/04/13, 11:09 »
    the infection tests can be done by post.  there is info in my serum file and in my faq.

Offline Untome

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 7/04/13, 14:10 »
    Thanks agate. I will I've it a go of my clinic refuse to test them when I go down for consultation... But I don't think they will do it after just one attempt with ivf.. :(

Offline Untome

modify
    « Reply #44 on: 16/04/13, 20:01 »
    Hi Agate, i had my follow up appointment today but the consultant was very specific that I don't need to get my immune tests done as I had been pregnant before but I would like to check if anything was wrong before doing my next cycle. However my clinic don't support them in principle so even if I get my tests done externally I don't actually get the treatment if I go with my FET cycle with them... Not sure what i should do now?? Do I take my chance with another FET before I do any tests... Is there a possibility that I don't need immune tests because I had been pregnant before? Confused...

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 16/04/13, 21:27 »
    Unfortunately there is no way to know if immune tests or tx would help you.being able to get pg doesn't tell you anything other way. Its totally possible you will get pg with your fet without doing anything else. That's always the big dilemma about immune as you will can almost never be sure you need it.

Offline Untome

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 17/04/13, 19:43 »
    Hi agate, would like your opinion on the below..

I tried speaking to serum clinic (they were very helpful btw) but I was told that immune testing is not something they do in-house and don't recommend to have it done after just one attempt of IVF instead I will need to get tested for infections - chlamydia as you mentioned earlier..

I think I will get started on it, but wonder if I should also get the NK testing done elsewhere because of the flu like symptoms soon after my ET or is there any indication of raised NK cells with the infection tests ???

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 18/04/13, 08:28 »
    if you had chlamydia that might CAUSE raised NKa so might CAUSE the flu-like implantation reaction.

serum can arrange for you to do the NK testing with Dr E if you want it, or you could maybe send bloods to RIC.

also think about just asking for steroids and clexane from your clinic without testing (see Treating Empirically in faq)

Offline Untome

modify
    « Reply #48 on: 18/04/13, 22:01 »
    Thanks Agate. I have a chat with Peny today which I should say was very helpful.

Think I might get myself tested for infections with my next period and depending on the results try the empirical treatment if my clinic accepts it or try the NK testing...it is just a long wait now for my next cycle for testing now!!!

Offline CANDyT2

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 23/04/13, 08:39 »
    Hi Ladies,
                    Wondering if anyone can provide me with any insight into what my problem might be?

Back in late 2011 I had my first DE IVF at Reprofit x 2 grade A blastocysts and got pregnant with twins but miscarried 8-9 weeks later. 2nd IVF at LWC negative. 3rd IVF at Dogus negative (3 grade A blastocysts).

Chlamydia test at Serum negative.  Chicago Tests showed high NK cells and TNFa and other blood tests showed Active Protein C Resistance blood clotting issue. DH's karytype came back normal. Treatment for immune issues consisted of intraipids, clexane, predisolone, aspirin etc.
    Most recent DE IVF after this treatment April 2013, ended with a negative result - 3 grade A blastocycts? I am at a loss as to what to try next. :(