* Author Topic: Immune issues - start here guide to this section!  (Read 141757 times)

0 Members

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
  • Volunteer
modify
Re: Immune issues - start here guide to this section!
« Reply #50 on: 23/04/13, 10:46 »
have you done a consult with serum?  has someone done hysteroscopy to check the uterus after fibroid op?

considered low dose pretreatment with resveratrol, vit d and fish oil, then maybe gcsf?

checked sperm dna fragmentation?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline CANDyT2

modify
    « Reply #51 on: 23/04/13, 12:27 »
    Hi Agate,
                 Thanks Agate-No, I haven't had hysteroscopy since keyhole fibroid op December 2012. However, before the operation my uterus lining was able to get to around 9mm-10mm during each IVF  cycle. However, during my last cycle I was on 8 progynova a day from day of donor's EC(2 vaginally)only got to 7.9mm(figure it must be something to do with having less estrogen receptors in my lining?). I Will consult Penny at Serum regarding hysterscopy 

I have had vitamin D level checked and it is in the 80s-but will look into resveratrol, fish oil and gcse.

Will also look into DNA Fragmentation test-although my FS advised that shouldn't be necessary as doesn't appear to be a problem with fertilisation. She also advised that DH and I should consider sperm donor if this last cycle failed-DH isn't at all keen on that. :(

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #52 on: 23/04/13, 12:45 »
    when you get your period, do you have profuse, bright red blood... brown spotting?

lots of red blood is reassuring.

if you found out that the sperm dna frag was poor, then it might help either to convince your partner to try DS or to try supplements/antibiotics to improve the dna frag?

Offline CANDyT2

modify
    « Reply #53 on: 23/04/13, 13:09 »
    Hi Agate,
                  I'm perimenopausal so I still have to down -regulate with Gonapeptyl. When I do have a period it tends to start as light brown spotting and then consists of brown old looking clotty blood with some red blood-5-6 days duration (mostly comes out after a BM-sorry tmi) :-[
    during my last cycle  scan on day 9 of having taken Progynova-showed lining of 6.5mm-so the FS upped my dose from 3 Progynova a day to 8-then it got to 7.9mm by day of ET-(day 15).

DH has been on Wellman Conception, Vitamin E and C for past 6 months. Always able to get Grade A blastocycts.

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #54 on: 23/04/13, 13:27 »
    was your post-ivf bleed all red or some brown - if some brown I'd think about checking the uterus again for scar tissue.

Offline CANDyT2

modify
    « Reply #55 on: 23/04/13, 13:39 »
    Hi Agate,
                 Post ivf period was mainly mucousy brown with some red.

Would there be possible scar tissue if keyhole surgery to remove 1 paratubal cycst and 2 subseroul fibroids( I thought these were on outside of uterine wall and not impacting on actual lining?)

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #56 on: 23/04/13, 13:47 »
    mainly brown does not sound like a great lining, whatever it looked like on scan.   that surgery shouldn't have caused intrauterine adhesions, but I'd still feel that the lining needs to be checked for scarring/adhesions.

Offline CANDyT2

modify
    « Reply #57 on: 23/04/13, 13:59 »
    Hi Agate,
                  Yes, you are right and I suppose I also have to take into account the fact that I had D&C after miscarriage.
    I will look on your Serum FAQs page regarding hysterscopy. Thanks for all of your help. :)

Offline Fishes

modify
    « Reply #58 on: 10/05/13, 13:39 »
    Hi all, I was just wondering if you could help me? This is my 3rd cycle and we have been through it emotionally as we had 22 mature eggs and only 4 fertilised, so could be a bit run down. We had two put back yesterday both grade 2 :)

I'm taking pred 20mg and had 2 ivig's this cycle but I have today started with a sore throat and a poorly tummy and lower back pain. Is this a immune reaction again?

Any suggestions would be great.

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #59 on: 10/05/13, 14:01 »
    upset stomach rarely suggests immune reaction to implantation, neither does lower back pain.  sore throat might but its hard to know if its just a bug you are fighting rather than a reaction to implantation if it only happens once.