* Author Topic: Immune issues - start here guide to this section!  (Read 141653 times)

0 Members

Offline Chocgirl

modify
Immune issues - start here guide to this section!
« Reply #550 on: 10/05/16, 15:10 »
Hi everyone,

I've had my immune tests results today from ARGC and I just wondered if anyone could offer any insight into the results for me.

What they explained is that my TNF alpha was very high (43.8) and my NK cells are a bit high (15.2). They suggest humira etc etc, however, I've got one free NHS round left in July which I can't turn down and I can't risk taking humira in case I'm one of the 40%(!) of women for whom it makes them flare up even higher!

Therefore I'm thinking of getting some intrallipds done at a local clinic and combining with steroids, clexane, aspirin etc.

I wondered if anyone has any experience in getting TNF alpha levels down using just intrallipids and those drugs.

Also could anyone offer any insight into my other results? I'll type them up if anyone's an expert!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Devonrocks

modify
    « Reply #551 on: 26/05/16, 12:57 »
    Hi,

Not sure if this it right place to post..

I am under dr gorgy's care and am currently 17 weeks pregnant, I have had 3 x ivig and 1 x intralipids after intralipids I had sore throats for 3 days so we have decided to go back to ivig. Dr G says until 29 weeks.

Has anyone had it for this long, it seems like it might be overkill? Just after some opinions really.

Thank you

Offline pookiepoo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #552 on: 26/05/16, 19:54 »
    I had intralipid until 30 weeks

Offline Devonrocks

modify
    « Reply #553 on: 27/05/16, 09:33 »
    Has anyone had IVIG after 20 weeks?

Offline Slamps

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #554 on: 28/05/16, 13:45 »
    Devonrocks - I had ivig with Dr G up until 24w. He advised more from memory but I went into pre term labour at 26w and was then in hospital so I didn't have more. I carried on cooking the boys until 34w. What I do remember was the price being weight driven and I was getting heavy with triplets so it became even more expensive.
    Congratulations on your pregnancy xx