* Author Topic: Immune issues - start here guide to this section!  (Read 141855 times)

0 Members

Offline Fishes

modify
Re: Immune issues - start here guide to this section!
« Reply #60 on: 10/05/13, 14:06 »
Thanks agate. Any common sense goes out of my mind when on TWW!

X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ilovemycobs

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 27/05/13, 16:11 »
    Hello ladies,could someone kindly tell me when i would need to start taking prednisalone prior to donor egg cycle please?.i have to take them when i get bad coldsores which my doc said its an immune issue but only take them when my cold sores rare up so have no idea when to start them for de cycle.many  thanks xx

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 27/05/13, 21:44 »
    i'd tend to ask to start it about day 4 of your estrogen/natural cycle if unmedicated... but with cold sore history I'd also be asking for valacyclovir 500mg twice a day for 10 days started at the same time

Offline ilovemycobs

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 27/05/13, 21:46 »
    Agate can i inbox you please?.i have a personal question id like advice on x

Offline Trixta

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 21/06/13, 13:14 »
    Hi Agate,

I posted a question a long time ago regarding TB which you answered thank you. After antibiotics, two lots of Humira and a few intralipids I'm 14 weeks pregnant with twins! My question is to you or anyone who has been in the same situation. I received a phone call from the clinic this morning to tell me that my CG56 reading had gone up to 16.6 and it needs to be under 12. They said that I had to come in for IVIG today, which completely floored me as I knew that this iwould set me back 1500 which is now just no joke. With the 310 for the bloods to Chicago and then the monthly intralipids so far I'm just not saving any money for when my two babies arrive. After talking with my DH I went back to the clinic and said that we needed the weekend to decide as 1500 was a lot of money when we are already in rather a lot of debt. I then received a phone call back and was told that after looking at my results again Intralipids would be fine. I am just concerned that I'm being taken for a ride.......? and therefore don't know what to do. I obviously don't want to M/C my babies but I also don't want to blindly spend money if I don't have to and put us further into debt.

I would appreciate any thoughts

Trixta x

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 21/06/13, 15:11 »
    its a tricky one because

- no-one can be absolutely sure what med your body will react to best to keep your levels down to target - it comes mainly down to having a drip, then a retest and seeing if it looks like nothing is shooting up - but if it isn't working, its common for the doc to suggest switching to a different med like ivig - bear in mind that during pg, you have fewer options as you can't really use steroids or humira so the main options tend to be ILs or IVIG

the general thinking is that your risk from immune issues generally continues to drop as you go through pg - so you are over the riskiest time by 10-12w) - and then the risk gradually drops to about 38w when it starts to rise again.

so some docs would say that getting you to 10w is enough and then you should stop all drips and monitoring... others say 22w... others 31w - because at each stage there is less and less benefit to taking costly drugs.

its very difficult to make a decision in your position, but most women decide to have one drip or the other, then retest, and if hasn't worked well, try the other drip.

but if you couldn't afford either and decided against it, the odds are very good that there still wouldn't be a problem.

Offline Ange27

modify
    « Reply #66 on: 22/06/13, 21:25 »
    Hi there just had my 2nd bfn and am looking into having immune test done can anyone give me any info about immune testing?? X

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #67 on: 23/06/13, 08:59 »
    yes - just start by reading the first page of this thread, the first page of the thread called learning from your failed IVF and then when you've got a list of the issues/tests you want to investigate, look them up in the faq

Offline wcd180

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #68 on: 3/07/13, 22:12 »
    Hello All

Need help, about to do my first FET after 3 failed IVF and my RE wants me to take Humira, Intralipids, clexane and prednisolone. I did a NK cell and Th1/Th2 test and in the results my out of range results where
    %CD3 90.2 (h)
    CD19+ cells, CD5+ 2.8 (L)

TNF_a:IL-10 (CD3+CD4+) 52.9 (h)
    IFN.g:IL-10(CD3+CD4+) 22.6 (h)

My first IVF was a BFP but was ectopic, 2nd and 3rd were BFN .

Could anyone explain what those results mean. 

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 3/07/13, 22:14 »
    please can you give the CD56 and the 50:1?

the CD3 and CD19+5+ don't matter but your TH1 cytokines are extremely high so we need some clues as to why that might be.

do you have/have you checked for:

chlamydia infection - I notice you have a history of ectopic which very often means an undiagnosed history of chlamydia (see chlamydia in faq)
    joint pain/arthritis
    vitamin D deficiency (has your RE tested you?)
    IBD
    diagnosed autoimmune disease
    DQa match with your partner/sperm donor
    endometriosis?

humira is the most direct treatment for high TNFa cytokine, but it doesn't work for everyone and there are alternatives you could try like addressing the possible issues above and taking omega 3 fish body oil and resveratrol.

My instinct would be that for levels that are that high, it'd be better to try and treat the cause first if possible.