* Author Topic: Immune issues - start here guide to this section!  (Read 141853 times)

0 Members

Offline Bexter

modify
Re: Immune issues - start here guide to this section!
« Reply #80 on: 3/08/13, 13:09 »
Hi Agate

Could you help me please - I am not sure whether I need to do anything more about this or not!

My anticardiolipins have come back high from the gp twice - just had second result after positive pregnancy test last week.  My gp said she is happy to look in to it further but I have had most other tests done already at the GP - I had a thrombophilia screen that was normal this included factor V, lupus and a few other things I also had normal autoimmune which included antinuclear, anti smooth muscle abs, anti parietal, anti mitochondrial, anti lkm - all of which means nothing to me!  I haven't had further immune tests done - Penny prescribed Clexane, aspirin, pred, intalipids and neupogen anyway due to history.  Are there any other tests you would recommend - I am going to a clinic on Monday for intralipids that do MTHFR tests so was wondering about this after reading your FAQ but already take b complex 50 and will take 5mg folc acid until week 12 - do you think it would be worth doing his test - or have any other thoughts?

Thank you very much
Bex x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #81 on: 3/08/13, 14:39 »
    its an apla- autoimmune thrombophilia - so you do need  the clexane.   is it very high?   you may need to up your dose of clex asap if you are only on 40mg and are pg?  check w Penny.

Offline Bexter

modify
    « Reply #82 on: 3/08/13, 17:55 »
    Agate - thank you I will do!

I think the first time it was 30 and this time 22 but am out at the moment and don't have info to hand! Is that very high?  I am on 40 clex.

Thank you
    Bex x

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #83 on: 3/08/13, 20:09 »
    that doesn't sound v high to me but there are different scales so you need to see it compared to the normal range for your lab.   suggest you check the paperwork and send all the details to penny when you get home in case she wants you layer on another 20mg shot with your 40mg per day, but I am hoping its not much above normal and isn't needed.

Offline Bexter

modify
    « Reply #84 on: 3/08/13, 20:27 »
    Thanks very much Agate - will check it out - so you wouldn't worry about getting MTHFR or any other tests?

Thank you
    Bex x

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #85 on: 3/08/13, 21:20 »
    I wouldn't think so at this point when you are already taking clex

Offline Bexter

modify
    « Reply #86 on: 3/08/13, 23:28 »

Hi Agate that's great - thank you very much for your reply.  I just looked it up and the range for the lab is less than 13 so 22 and 30 seems quite high to me but maybe it isnt - I am a but clueless wuth these things what do you think?

Thanks again - really appreciated
    Bex x

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #87 on: 4/08/13, 07:40 »
    it doesn't seem enormous and at least its coming down, but maybe still double check with penny in case you should be taking more clex

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 4/08/13, 09:40 »
    it doesn't seem really high but my gut feeling is that its better to be safe and ask your doc to put your clexane up asap - usually it would be something like taking your 40mg as normal and adding another shot at the opposite end of the day of 20mg or maybe even 40mg.

Offline Bexter

modify
    « Reply #89 on: 4/08/13, 11:24 »
    Thank you so much Agate - really appreciate your help

Bex x