Starting Out > Fertility Investigations

Please Read before posting about Sperm Results the Answer could be here

(1/15) > >>

MightyMouse:
DH's sperm count is 0.42!! He has fathered a child from a previous marriage (HOW??!!)
He has stopped taking hot bath; taking vitamins etc...

Has anyone else had this problem?

agate:
its possible his count was always low but fluctuates to better levels sometimes and it may have helped if his previous partner was young and super-fertile.  Otherwise, it could be a blip - sperm counts can be devastated by illness, stress, alcohol consumption etc so maybe in 3 months his sperm count might be quite a bit better - although its unusual to go from a count as low as this to a normal count.  lifestyle factors like vitamins might help, but again, its unusual that they would be able to get him from a very low count to a normal count... that said, if you end up going on to IVF-ICSI etc, every bit of improvement can help.

MightyMouse:
Thanks so much for your reply!

It is what I thought.

It has been 3 months since his last test. He has another test next week.

he has had major stress in his life.He has been fighting a court battle to see his son from previous marriage. Nasty ex-wife. His ex-wife was younger (and I am assuming super-fertile).

The fertility expert told us that stress doesnt really affect the sperm count... but DOES effect women!

chris201067:
As the subject says, really - I've had a second sperm test concluding asthenozoospermia (9% progressive, 20% sluggish, 8% non-progressive, 63% non-motile) and poor morphology (10% normal forms), but the concentration of sperm is high (72 million / ml in 6ml).
Can a high sperm count make up for a low proportion of progressive, normal sperm cells? (Here's hoping...)
Thanks,
Chris

chris201067:
... or come to think of it, is a high concentration the reason for low motility - do they all get in each other's way, like on the Tube during rush hour?  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version