* Author Topic: 42, FSH of 45, do I stand a chance?  (Read 2685 times)

0 Members

Offline loopylou22

• Un-Ranked
modify
42, FSH of 45, do I stand a chance?
« on: 9/06/11, 13:46 »
Hi, First posting on here for me but been hanging around a while :)

It's been 8 weeks since my last period and I also missed one over Xmas, so I went to the GP for some tests and it's come back super high at 45!

Before this news I was considering getting IVF (I have taken home FSH tests and they came out as normal, but I guess home tests aren't very accurate) and had even booked an appointment at the Lister but now this morning I get this news and I'm wondering whether I should just give up before I have begun. Does this super high result mean I have no chance? I'm hoping someone out there with some experience will be able to help me. Dazed and confused at the moment.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: 42, FSH of 45, do I stand a chance?
    « Reply #1 on: 9/06/11, 14:26 »
    I have to say, I have never heard of an FSH that high (unless taking FSH in treatment).  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

If I were you, I would definitely go along for an initial consultation.  They may want to re-test your FSH anyway and will be able to give you a better idea of what it all means and whether anything can be done.   ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline loopylou22

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 9/06/11, 16:38 »
    Hi MandyPandy, thanks for your reply. I've just spoken to my GP on the phone and she says I should still go to my appointment too, so good advice :) Calmed down alot since earlier though and realised I should be grateful for what I've got and maybe another child just isn't to be. Will have to let this news sink in.

Offline loopylou22

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 1/07/11, 13:03 »
    Just an update on this for those in a similar situation.

After speaking to my private doctor it was decided to retest as there were other factors which might have given this horrendous result.

Soo, on a new day 3 test my results were FSH 10.3 AMH 1.18 ng/ml.

Although the results aren't brilliant they are a world away from the doom and gloom of my original result. My advice is if you get a bad result then get yourself retested on the right day :)

Offline Jumanji

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 4/07/11, 15:24 »
    Loopy - just to give you a boost, as I understand it that is actually a pretty decent AMH for your age!!  Look at this link from CHR which gives age-specific AMH levels (it also gives FSH levels per age but your is only slightly high and is balanced out by your good AMH).

http://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/pdf/AMH%20Update.pdf

Not sure how long you've been trying or if there are other "issues" but, if it is an option, then please remember to keep at it the natural way.  It is quite normal for it to take a bit longer in your 40s even if all is fine.

Offline eternal optimist

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 1/07/14, 21:19 »
    I have turner syndrome and my fsh is 42 ( got that result today) .... totally destroyed.

Offline Need2BaMum2014

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 2/07/14, 15:28 »
    Hi ladies, I halved my fsh through change of diet and lifestyle and acupuncture. Don't give up hope xx ^hugme^ ^pray^