* Author Topic: Egg donors in Spain  (Read 3451 times)

0 Members

Offline jtlondon

• Registered-2
modify
Egg donors in Spain
« on: 18/02/05, 13:09 »
Hi Ruth
I am just starting to think about egg donor ICSI in Spain and have a few questions which I wonder if you can help with...

Do you know how easy it is to match a tall (5'10"), blondish, blue-eyed, pale skinned person like me?  Would that lower our chances of finding a donor?

How much does egg donor ICSI cost at your clinic and what is the success rate for 42 year olds?

Thanks, JT

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline bigJ

• Full Member-10016
    • my babies: Wooky, Nushi, Slim & Spot: rescue woofs
    modify
    Re: Egg donors in Spain
    « Reply #1 on: 6/04/05, 19:38 »
    Hi JT
    don't know if you since had something in reply??

Anyway, I've replied because I am also a "JT" also 42 and also 5'10" and have blondish comlexion/mid brown hair and we are going to Spain -creepy or what??

...I have brown eyes, dh has blue but he has European complexion (so Olive easy to tan) I am mrs hide under the sunshade burny person.  My approach is we could have produced anything with our own eggs - my grandma was 5'3", my dad is 6'4" and produced blue eyed mini people with my step mum.....who cares????

the world is a melting pot and love is the answer and I truly believe that  :-*

Love bigJ

Offline jtlondon

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 8/04/05, 16:24 »
    Hi
    Yes, I heard back from a couple of the Spanish clinics and matching doesn't seem to be a problem although the wait might be a  little longer.  Am also thinking about going to the Czech Republic or Russia because the matching is easier and the cost cheaper.  I am very interested in hearing about any experiences with donor egg clinics in either Czech R or Russia...

Having another go with my own eggs first, but just want to be prepared for the future in case I go down the donor egg route.  I agree - nurture is far more important than nature!

another JT

Offline bigJ

• Full Member-10016
    • my babies: Wooky, Nushi, Slim & Spot: rescue woofs
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 12/04/05, 20:33 »
    You may have already found her since posting that question but Joy went to Kiev, said it was fantastic and is expecting twins...it was about half the price of Spain  :o

The Bridge Centre in London have a partner donation programme in Bucharest which I found when researching egg donation in general...

LOve bigJ

Offline jtlondon

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 12/04/05, 22:49 »
    Hi JT

Hmm, Kiev sounds interesting...

Looks like you've already decided to go to Barcelona - on the 16th?  Good luck, hope it goes really well and do post your experiences as I'd love to hear.

Love, JT

Offline Ruth

• Gold Member-10018
    • My boys!
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 13/04/05, 09:49 »
    Be aware that Bridge /Romanian programme has been put on hold due to low pregnancy rate.

Ruth