* Author Topic: How much does IVF with donor sperm cost in Spain or anywhere else!  (Read 5401 times)

0 Members

Offline Jules*Rich

• Jr. Member-10015
I guess the subject says it all! Any ideas anyone - the websites seem to have no info on the actual prices.

Cheers

Jules

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Ruth

• Gold Member-10018
    • My boys!
    I can tell you what it costs at my clinic!!
    2800 euros for the IVF and 300 euros for the donor sperm. Drugs are separate to this and are dependant on dosage on but think about 800 euros and you'll be about right.

Ruth

Offline Indianna

• Lifetime Premium-7
    Hi Julies

IVI B worked out to be about 5000 but you have to add on your meds and scans and bloods in the UK which were about another 500

Love Indianna x

Offline Jules*Rich

• Jr. Member-10015
    Thanks for your replies - they are very helpful.

I thought IVF abroad might be cheaper but the first option works out at aprox 2700,a nd the second a whopping 5500! The only benefit I can see from going abroad is that they can put back more than two embies. Or have I missed something?

Treatment at our local clinic is 1800, plus drugs aprox 500, donor sperm 200 plus HFEA fee aprox 100 - i.e 2600 but none of the travel costs.

Confused  ??? Back to the drawing board then! Feeling like I am going round in circles trying to find a workable option for us!

Jules

Offline Indianna

• Lifetime Premium-7
    Hi Jules

I think the success rates are higher than in the UK. 

"50% of the couples that consult the IVI for infertility problems achieve their goal.

These overall figures are obtained by adding together all the assisted reproduction techniques offered at the IVI clinics. Meticulously analysed techniques such as ovule donation, in vitro fertilization or spermatic microinjection give an accumulated pregnancy rate of nearly 90% in four attempts. The majority are singleton pregnancies."

Check out the website:

http://www.ivi.es/eng/

Offline longbaygirl

• Gold Member-10018
    Jules,

It is cheaper - depending on where you go. There is a thread on IVF tx in Russia - which costs about 800. By and large, people tend to go abroad for donor eggs - because there simply is not the availability in the UK - however much you can afford.

If you can get IVF tx for 1,800 and the drugs are only an extra 500, then that is a bargain, and if you are happy with this clinic you don't need to go anywhere.

The clinic in London I wanted to go to charged between five and six thousand pounds, and they told me to allow an extra fifteen hundred for meds! So you can see why, even allowing for travel costs, treatment abroad is cheaper.

As Indiana mentioned, other countries also have a higher success rate with IVF too. There was a recent Parliamentary report - another thread on this board somewhere - that said exactly that.

Good luck

Joy

Offline dianne

• Gold Member-10018
    Hello
    Can anyone give me infor re european clinic offering egg and sperm donation (single)and their experiences
    Di

Offline roze

• Gold Member-10018
    We went to IVI Barcelona- I got pregnant first time with donor eggs but had a m/c at 8 weeks. I am putting this down to statistics as I 've said elsewhere on this website and intend to try again in JUne. However I was really impressed with their efficiency and their handling of my case- they are open evenings so you can speak to your consultant after work. They do the ET in a theatre setting with full scrubs, etc, and this took 45 minutes compared to 10 minutes in the UK. I found this to be the biggest difference , as well as Spanish private hospitals tend to be much cleaner/more efficient than UK private hospitals.The ET was attended by about 6 medics and dedicated English speaking donor co-ordinator who held my hand all the way through. hey seemed to prepare the uterus a bit more by removing any mucus , etc.They gave me a lot of confidence in their procedure and I am happy to go back. The procedure cost around 4500 plus another 600 on scans in the UK. Not cheap but 2 k cheaper than it would be in UK.

We can only fund it through property equity so are incredibly lucky.

Offline Rice cake

• Full Member-10016
    roze- I wondered whether that cost  included the drugs.
    I may have to go on the donor egg route sooner than I thought and so am trying to look into it & whether to do it in the UK or abroad.
    Costs and success rates are V important.
    I think CARE mentioned success rates of about 50% so that seems about the same as the Spanish clinics but I don't know about cost.They also mentioned they have quite short waiting lists  & that may be because of people being keen to get cheap treatment by sharing eggs
    Someone mentioned to me going abroad for fertility treatment can add to the trauma so I am thinking about that aswell

Offline Rice cake

• Full Member-10016
    Indianna-
    I think the 50% success rate you mentioned is for donated eggs and I think that rate was mentioned to me by CARE in England aswell but I may have heard wrong since I was well stesssed at the time at the suggestion of egg donation.

Eastern Europe -I've looked at a couple of websites which looked good but I am afraid a doctor mentioned to me Eastern Europe has a big Aids problem and it is not known whether eggs can be infected/pass it on .I don't know how vigilant the clinic are on that score.