* Author Topic: North West and borders/ Anydody from Lancaster?  (Read 985 times)

0 Members

Offline rosie79

• Full Member-10016
  • TTC 7 years
Hi all
I was wondering if anybody was from Lancaster?
Ill be moving there shortly and hoping to start IVF.
Would love to chat to others in my new home town with similar experiences?

Speak soon
Rosie 79 x x x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Vega

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Re: North West and borders/ Anydody from Lancaster?
    « Reply #1 on: 19/08/11, 17:15 »
    Rosie - I saw you on the Preston thread, I'm not too far from Lancaster but I'm egg sharing so don't want to be too specific for confidentiality reasons. But feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat off the thread so I can give more details! xxx

Offline Bronte Cottage

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 31/08/11, 12:38 »
    Hi, I'm Lancaster but didn't get funding even though I have no children  ^eyes^

Offline Vega

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 3/09/11, 17:28 »
    Hi blt - we're in similar situtation no funding even though we meet all NHS criteria. Postcode lottery is a nightmare! x

Offline rosie79

• Full Member-10016
    • TTC 7 years
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 7/09/11, 17:34 »
    Hi there, Lovely to here from you both.
    Really sad to hear about the funding issue.

That is such an injustice. Im not sure if they are allowed to do that. Hope you took it further. ^eyes^ ^eyes^

I have been referred back to local hospital today by GP and hoping to start the process all over agin with my new partner.

So fingers crossed I get funding and its not a stressful as last time x

Offline jrswife1

• Registered-2
    modify
    North West and borders/ Anydody from Lancaster?
    « Reply #5 on: 14/09/13, 17:02 »
    Hi there,

Are any of you still around on here? I live in Lancaster and am keen to speak with any of you especially about reasons why funding were refused? We are in the early stages and just at point of initial; GP involvement. Trying for baby number 1 for us both.

xx

Offline mcstamp

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    North West and borders/ Anydody from Lancaster?
    « Reply #6 on: 13/11/13, 16:42 »
    HI jrswife1,

I'm just outside Lancaster and am being seen at the RLI.  I moved from another region where I was on the IVF waiting list.  When I moved here we had to start again but so far have been pleased with the pace.  I saw my new GP in July, was referred to the hospital and had first app in August.  They wanted to do all  tests (my last area didn't give me them as I had  a laparoscopy showing adhesions 15 years ago.) I've now done the bloods, semen analysis for DH and HSG. We have the follow up in 1 month.  I have no idea what they will suggest next and what kind of time scale we are looking at. 
    My advice to you is to ask at every stage- what happens next and when!

Good luck x