Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

18 days of stimms? Anyone else?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CGT 
#1 ·
Hi all

Had a scan this morning, and was hoping to have an EC confirmed for Monday (as indicated at the last scan).  Well - no.  I have to continue with Gonal F and have a scan on Monday, with a possible EC on Wednesday.  That will bring my total stimming days to 18 ^eyes^ - first 8 on 225, the rest on 450. 

Has anyone else had such a long stimming period?  I was so confused that I had to phone back and ask if it is safe to stimm that long, and wouldn't it be better to give me a higher dosage.  I was told that any higher than 450 would be wasted as the ovaries only have as many FSH receptors.  Also that, as long as the follies are growing, the stimming can go on for as long as it takes for them to get bigger than 20...  No limit!

That has calmed me down a little, but I would appreciate any other experiences/encouragement.

#2 ·
Hi

All hospitals will have different policies. I stimmed for 14 days which is longest than normal. my friend at Lister and went almost to a month x

#3 ·
Thanks, CGT! 

I want to update this post too, stimming for 18 days was worth it as my follies have grown enough.  I have EC on Wednesday!

Before I started this process, I didn't realise how every step could be stressful!  I mean, I knew about how many eggs collected, how many fertilised, the implantation - but I didn't know I would get anxious about the pace of follicle growth...

And to anyone in a similar situation, I would say allow your body time to respond to the meds; we are not all the same, and the length of stimming will not be the same for everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.