* Author Topic: Hypnotherapy  (Read 4317 times)

0 Members

Offline Michelle1979

• Un-Ranked
modify
Hypnotherapy
« on: 8/11/11, 12:18 »
Afternoon ladies,

Apologies if this has been discussed before but was wondering if anyone has tried hypnotherapy during the fertility process?  Would be interested to hear feedback from anyone that's been? 

I'm currently at the QE, going to an information evening on Thursday then have our consent appointment on the 18th however I'm keen to look at various different ways to keep my stress levels low during the whole IVF process.

Any comments would be very much appreciated

Michelle xox

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline boopster1977

modify
    Re: Hypnotherapy
    « Reply #1 on: 8/11/11, 21:02 »
    Hey Michelle

How are you? Is this your 1st cycle?

I've been using the Natal Hypnotherapy cd which found really helped me relax (to the point where kept falling asleep lol) - its split into 2 sections 1 to use when your DR and stimming and the other after transfer, i would really recommend it.  I've copied mine onto my ipod so if you want to borrow my copy PM me and we can arrange something.

Have you thought about other alternative therapies as well like acupuncture or relflexology.  I think there is a seperate section in FF about stuff like this, might be worth checking out.

Good luck with your tx, sending you loads of love and  ^fairydust^

Helen xxx

Offline rjmett

• FF's Official Babydust Fairy
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 9/11/11, 09:49 »
    Hi hun, I'm moving your post to the complementary therapy section as I think you'll be more  likely to get an informative response in there. Why not take a look around in that section too? There are a few posts about hypnotherapy :)  ^reiki^

Offline Michelle1979

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 9/11/11, 11:50 »
    Hi Helen,

I'm good thank you :) well - excited, nervous, scared you know all the emotions that I'm sure every woman on this forum is going through  :)

this will be our first cycle - my hubby has a little boy (7 years) from a previous relationship.  I have 3 fibroids one of which is partially blocking my right tube - confirmed from laparoscopy in May.  They say everything else looks fine but I think I stress too much which is why i've asked about the hypnotherapy and welcome any other suggestions to help me feel stress free (will pm you about the cd)  :) my parents are funding our treatment so i'd like to do everything I can to help it to work first time  ^pray^

Will certainly look into acupuncture and reflexology so will be checking out the complementary therapy section  ;D 

How are you finding your treatment?  I see you have your official test date is next week - i hope everything is going ok?  ^pray^

Sending you lots of love,  ^hugme^ and baby dust

Michelle xoxox

Offline RubyRedShoes

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 6/05/12, 19:25 »
    HI,

I have been having HYpnotherapy with a lady called Lucy Coffin from Catching Rainbows. I found the whole experince brilliant. I have gone from a slightly negative person to a positive one in a matter of weeks. Everything she has told me has made sense! Check her website out she also does CD's. I have 6 days post FET so fingers crossed! X Good luck X

Offline Seroster

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 30/05/13, 14:53 »
    This might be too late for the OP but in case it's of any use to anyone else, I've been having hypnotherapy throughout my first IVF cycle and it's really helped.  I've had a fear of hospitals and doctors for years so wanted to keep myself as calm as possible and the ultimate test of that was how I coped with IVF egg collection, which was my first ever anaesthetic and hospital procedure- it was a breeze! 

I had six sessions and spread them out over a couple of months to try to keep costs down- it was still quite expensive and I was a bit resistant to the 'fluffy bits' but the actual hypnosis part was really nice, and just having someone totally positive to talk to outside the family really helped too.

Offline benborg23

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Hypnotherapy
    « Reply #6 on: 27/12/13, 10:58 »
    I just also wanted to say that I found hypnotherapy really helpful. Kept me totally relaxed throughout the whole process. Personally, I found it to be quite successful.

Offline balderdasher

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Hypnotherapy
    « Reply #7 on: 30/12/13, 11:11 »
    I'm also a really big fan of hypnotherapy. I'm not entirely sure how well it works though... Maybe I just convince myself that it does. Either way, I think that there have been some good results so far!  :)