General > Coping With Infertility

Infertility Etiquette - send this to your friends and family?

(1/7) > >>

JasmineX:
Hi everyone

I found this browsing around the net..I think its brilliant as something to paste into an e-mail and send to people who are telling you to "just relax" after another devastating BFN.

^hugme^

Jasmine
X

Infertility Etiquette :

http://www.resolve.org/support-and-services/for-family--friends/infertility-etiquette.html

/links

Suejane2:
Hi ladies,

Hi Jasmine,

Like it!!

But maybe there is also another factor that is sometimes forgotten . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Remember Them on Father's Day

With all of the activity on Father's Day, people tend to forget about blokes who cannot become dads. Father's Day can also be a painful time for infertile men. You cannot get away from it - there are ads on the TV, posters at the stores, church sermons devoted to celebrating parenthood, and all of the plans for celebrating with your own dad and family.

Father's Day is an important celebration and one that I relish now that my OH is a dad. However, it was very painful while I was waiting for our baby. Remember your infertile friends on Father's Day, and send them a card to let them know you are thinking of them. They will appreciate knowing that you haven't "forgotten" them."

What do you think?

Suejane
xxx

roxcooper:
Hi Ladies,

People can be so hurtful without even meaning too..more of them should know how much it hurts inside!

xxx

Han72:
Hi Jasmine and thank you for posting this excellent article. However, due to copyright reasons we aren't permitted to copy and paste the entire content of another webpage on FF, so  I've replaced the text with a link to the original website. I hope you don't mind and I hope everyone finds the information as helpful as I did, just wish I'd found something like this to send to people when I first started this loooong journey!

xxx

JasmineX:
Thanks Han - I wasn't too sure, so thanks for putting the link in instead. I have also included it in my diary - does that need to be replaced with the link aswell?

SueJane - I agree people should also consider our OHs and DHs but I think my DH would be v upset if someone sent him a card to say they were thinking of him, kind of rubs it in, for a man?  I think the main thing for men is that people are sensitive around it and don't make dumb comments  ^hugme^

Jasmine
X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version