* Author Topic: 12 weeks of DHEA & AMH level dropped!!!  (Read 6050 times)

0 Members

Offline EllieMay78

modify
12 weeks of DHEA & AMH level dropped!!!
« on: 9/02/12, 08:56 »
Hi everyone,
I am after some support/advice/success stories.  My AMH was 2.5 in Dec 09 & since then we have been through 1 IVF cycle & 1 ICSI cycle through NHS both last year.  Both unfortunately failed.  We went to see a private consultant in September & he recommended that we try to increase my AMH with the help of DHEA - I was put on this for 12 weeks.  Had a blood test last week & got the results last night - I don't know why I did it to myself but I never prepared myself for bad news!  My AMH has dropped to 1.22!!!! I was so gutted!  I just couldn't believe it - I really thought the DHEA would have worked! My consultant said that 7 out of 10 people have a rise in AMH 2 out of 10 stay the same & 1 out of 10 decrease! Its so typical that I am that 1!! Don't know what to do now - me & my DH are so devastated - our consultant has said that the chance of success of us having our own baby is 5-10% (whether we try naturally or with IVF).  I am so gutted.  When you look at success rates for under 35's on the league tables you are looking at anything from 30-60% success!  We don't know whether to keep trying using my own eggs or do we give up & go down the egg donor route - I don't know how I feel about that though - I want to make a baby with my husband - I want a baby to be part of both of us!  :'(

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline staceyemma

• Gold Member
    • Loving life as a yummy mummy ;)
    modify
    Re: 12 weeks of DHEA & AMH level dropped!!!
    « Reply #1 on: 9/02/12, 09:10 »
    hi Ellie May Im sorry to hear your AMH Level has dropped- Im sure you were thinking that it would increase  ^hugme^

I can understand your need for the baby to be part of you and your hubby hun xxx
    There are lots of women on here who got there BFP with low AMH..do you feel you need to give it another go with your own eggs before even considering donor eggs?

I am hoping to become a donor, to help a lady who is unable to conceive. I have recently been matched to a lady and I cannot wait. It is obvious with donor eggs that the baby wouldnt be gentically yours, but you would feel that baby grown inside you, give birth to the baby... many ladies go down this route.
    I wouldnt feel the eggs I donate were my children, I have so many eggs in my life I will not use or be wasted through IVF cycles I think that sharing the joy of being a mother and carrying a baby is special.
    I know its a lot to think about now so take time to think it over  ^hugme^ xxx

Offline EllieMay78

modify
    Re: 12 weeks of DHEA & AMH level dropped!!!
    « Reply #2 on: 9/02/12, 17:32 »
    Hi Stacey Emma,
    Thanks for your reply.  I have read quite a few people that have got a BFP with low AMHs.  We need to decide whether to carry on TTC naturally or give IVF another go - I'm quite confused as our consultant says the success rates would be the same!  I feel that I need to exhaust all ways of having a baby ourselves.  Both me & my DH are devastated at the prospect of it not being both of ours (even though I'm sure when you carry a baby for 9 months if does feel like yours).  I think maybe the prospect is a little raw at the moment & given time we may learn to accept it.  We have had offers from a couple of friends who are willing to be egg donors which is fantastic or we would go abroad.
    Good luck with your journey - how fantastic that you may be able to help someone else - must be a good feeling. xx