* Author Topic: Agate's guide to learning from your failed IVF cycle  (Read 295630 times)

0 Members

Offline Faithope

• Gold Member
  • miracles happen more than once x
Thank you so much for posting this extensive list! I have found this really useful and have armed myself with a list for my GP to help us with. I wouldn't have known what to ask for had it not been for this list  ^hugme^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Rose39

• Gold Member
    Agate - this is fantastic! One thing to add in terms of visual checks that can be done on the uterus - I'd already had an aquascan which didn't show anything, but after several failed IVFs with DE, Dr Gorgy recommended a 3D scan of my uterus - if it had shown anything odd then I would have paid for a hysteroscopy (it didn't) but it worked out much cheaper than a hysteroscopy and was a general check of my uterus, not just for fertility, which was good. It did pick up a small fibroid which wouldn't have affected implantation (nobody else had spotted this), but this was useful to mention when I did get my BFP as it was monitored during pregnancy scans.

I wish clinics were as through in their follow up discussions with patients!

Rose xx

Offline lisasimon1

• Gold Member
    • dream do come true at some point?? = twins
    hi  :)

i find this very intresting and would like to ask a couple of questions please.

first ivf 20 eggs shared so 10  for me 2 fert sperm not binding to the egg day 2 transfer 2 cell embie grade 1 ( best at my clinic ) bfn responded well to treatment

my lady got bfp have you got any answers for this or suggestions ?

2nd doing icsi to over come binding issues 20 eggs shared so again 10 for me 7 mature enough to do icsi only 3 embies on day 2 all 4 cell day 3 3 left 1 at 4 cell 1 ant 4 cell jumped to a 7 cell by transfer and a 8 cell transfered the 8 cell grade 1 and 7 cell grade 2 bfn ( tested on day 5 bfn day 7 bfn and day b4 test date bfp and test date bfn ) responded well again to this cycle

lady got bfp again any answers or suggestions for this aswell ?

my lining is always over 10 baseline scan thin lining and 20 antrafolical seen,

just looking for what your views are really thank you  :)

Offline alexine

• Gold Member
    Thank you Agate for this! It has given me some insight into why I got 10 eggs on a flare protocol with 0% fertilisation. I was on a LP before and had no problem with fertilisation or egg quality. Having said that I was 18 months younger...my AMH only dropped .2 in that time and is hanging in at 16.7. I wish I knew what to ask for re a protocol for another round. If I'm lucky I'm hoping to freeze a few embies before it's too late.
    Thanks again for this informative post.
    I hope you are well.  :)
    xxA

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    hi  :)

i find this very intresting and would like to ask a couple of questions please.

first ivf 20 eggs shared so 10  for me 2 fert sperm not binding to the egg day 2 transfer 2 cell embie grade 1 ( best at my clinic ) bfn responded well to treatment

my lady got bfp have you got any answers for this or suggestions ?

2nd doing icsi to over come binding issues 20 eggs shared so again 10 for me 7 mature enough to do icsi only 3 embies on day 2 all 4 cell day 3 3 left 1 at 4 cell 1 ant 4 cell jumped to a 7 cell by transfer and a 8 cell transfered the 8 cell grade 1 and 7 cell grade 2 bfn ( tested on day 5 bfn day 7 bfn and day b4 test date bfp and test date bfn ) responded well again to this cycle

lady got bfp again any answers or suggestions for this aswell ?

my lining is always over 10 baseline scan thin lining and 20 antrafolical seen,

just looking for what your views are really thank you  :)

well if we assume the eggs shared were exactly the same quality (pretty likely) then obviously the things that differ are the quality of the sperm - sperm is always a factor, no matter what the docs say - and the implantation environment. 

So I'd think about getting your DH tested for karyotyping and sperm dna fragmentation and then work through the suggestions above for implantation failure.

best of luck

A x

Offline lisasimon1

• Gold Member
    Thank you agate  ^hugme^

my bfp was very faded but noticeable from a couple of secons after i poas lol

i have heard of womb scrape have you?

xx

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    I think you mean an endometrial scratch?  there is some info above but more detail in my faq under E.

Offline Surfergirl

• Gold Member
    Hi Agate,

Another fab guide!

Wondered if you would give me your thoughts on my situation as I have an appointment with my Consultant tomorrow morning, following my third failed cycle of DE IVF.
    We have been with IM in Spain. Have had two chemical pregnancies (1 from frozen cycle) and two BFN's. I respond well to drugs and lining is always triple line and around 11mm. DH sperm is ok,
    normal karyotype, DNA frag of 22% and normal FISH result. He also has a daughter from his previous marriage conceived naturally with no probs. He is on wellman conception too. We are both a healthy weight
    and my thyroid is now under control, thanks to Dr Conway and your advice previously!!

We are looking at a change of clinic now too but any other idea's?

Thanks xx

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    SG: I think I would be getting a second opinion from another clinic but also thinking about infection testing (chlamydia, mycoplasma etc - maybe locus medicus and life code 7 tests - info in my serum file) and perhaps an aquascan (with a really good doc - who is on the lookout for fibroids and adenomyosis) and maybe hysteroscopy.  also, possibly consider trying letrozole and/or an extra long down reg?

best of luck

A x

Offline lisasimon1

• Gold Member
    hi just me again  ^idiot^

can you please tell me if any of you can tell me what they are looking for doing karyotyping test on my dp ??

thanks xx