* Author Topic: Agate's guide to learning from your failed IVF cycle  (Read 295629 times)

0 Members

Offline bettyboop5

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Agate's guide to learning from your failed IVF cycle
« Reply #100 on: 9/08/12, 09:50 »
Sweeatnats  42 is still young my dear.  I would advice you to read abt Serum and Peny who is almost like a miracle worker.  All info in Agate's info. Peny has helped lots of women like you and she will do the hidden C tests etc.  Strongly recommend you look into other immunes level 2 tests before embarking on another cycle in Oct.  In short... have a good read at Agate's immunes pages too.  Goodluck  x.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #101 on: 9/08/12, 11:35 »
    if you go back up to the top of this thread there are list of things to consider for every stage of your IVF - C testing is included there - and there is more detail in my faq.

Offline citas

• Un-Ranked
    Hello Agate and all other Ladies  ::),

Im writing here because in big panic and already started my 6th IVF  :-[ After 4 failures i went to Dr Gorgy in London, done a lot of tests and found out that my TNF was 42, NK were 24, and LAD was low. Had 2 x 2 of Humira, redone my test and TNF was down to 30 (boardeline). Had 2 LITs and LAD went down even more!! Also had 4 x Intralipids (they showed good response in Lab). So after all this treatment had my 5th IVF through NHS, HCG on 15 DPT was 40, i was the happiest human being in the world, had five positive HPTs and the after two days HCG was 5  :-[ I lost my little angel very early. So after failure (3 weeks ago) i had Laporoscopy and removed my tubes which were clipped about a year ago, but was advised by my new doctor that clippes dont work with hydro so decided that i dont need them at all. Long story short: I am on the 6th day of stimulation and had my retesting results yesterday. My LAD after 2x additional donor LIT's went up but very little and is:

T 18.1 and 14.6,
    B 11.4 and 2.2 unsure.gif

TNF 40.5, IFN 26.3 verysad.gif 

Im having intralipids on the  7th day of Stims
    Having LIT on the 8th Day of Stims
    Im also on Clexane and 40mg of Predniselone.

My question is, did any of you have similar situation? That LIT doesnt help to raise LAD and Humira with Intralipids dont lower TNF? Should and could i have more intralipids to improve my chances with this IVF? (How often can i have intralipids?) Do you think i should have another LIT on the EC or straight after??

Thank you very much for any advise  :) ^hugme^ ^pray^

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #103 on: 10/08/12, 22:20 »
    if may be that the 40mg pred is reducing your antibody response so you aren't seeing LAD antibodies.   you can have maybe 3 intralipids in the run up to ET, but then its probably best to wait until OTD before having more?

Offline citas

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #104 on: 11/08/12, 18:59 »
    Thank you Agate  :) So i can have intralipids even every 2-3 days? id say my ET might be around wednesday to friday. Did i understand right? 40mg predniselone could reduce LAD? I only started my predniselone on the 5th stimulation day  ??? unless predniselone effect is still active after my last IVF cycle.

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #105 on: 12/08/12, 00:07 »
    I GUESS that pred can possibly start to reduce your lad within a few days but I am not sure.

most docs would let you have ILs 2-3 days apart.

Offline citas

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #106 on: 12/08/12, 08:04 »
    Hmm so my choice will always be wrong: if i contiue taking Predni my LIT wont work properly. But my problem is that i have to increase my LAD and reduze TNF and NK  :( Bad isn't it?

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #107 on: 12/08/12, 09:42 »
    have you done the basic stuff like checked your vit D levels?

Offline citas

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #108 on: 12/08/12, 11:07 »
    I think hospitals and few private clinics done all possible tests but could tell you for sure, because nhs didnt show me all results, only told me that its all ok, apart from lower ovuries response and blocked tubes (which now have been removed). What affect could reduced levels of D vit have? Is vit D related to immune issues?

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #109 on: 12/08/12, 20:41 »
    if you have vit D deficiency you are more likely to have raised TNFa and NKa.