* Author Topic: Agate's guide to learning from your failed IVF cycle  (Read 295259 times)

0 Members

Offline crazyroychick

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Agate's guide to learning from your failed IVF cycle
« Reply #130 on: 28/08/12, 09:47 »
Had been looking for u Rome10 to see how u got on, couldn't find where we had been chatting! I too was bfn this time as AF arrived yest before test am so sorry to see you were too.  I have consultant on mon so let u no if they mention any further testing xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline justhopeful

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #131 on: 28/08/12, 10:17 »
    Hi Agate,

Thank you so much for all of the fab info. I have been reading Dr Beer's "Is your Body Baby Friendly" book which is a fascinating read. We reckon after 3 failed IVFs( and treatment for hidden C) that I may have an autoimmune problem. - after classic flu like symptoms during 2ww.

The problem is I'm confused over the various catergories of autoimmune issues - I'm guessing if you display autoimmune symptoms after level 1 tests then you're more likely to have killer cells which can only be detected from level 2 tests? Thus I'm wondering if it's more sensibke just to have level 2 tests?

Thank you for reading and thanks again for all of the info x

Offline Shoegirl10

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #132 on: 28/08/12, 10:51 »
    Crazyroychick - sorry to hear about your BFN  ^hugme^ I am hoping it will get easier as the days go by!

I have a follow up tomorrow so hopefully will have some more answers

^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

xx

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #133 on: 28/08/12, 12:37 »
    justhopeful: if you have autoimmune issues you might pick up antithyroid antibodies and/or antinuclear antibodies on your level 1 tests.   but don't forget that if you have obvious autoimmune reactions to implantation, its also worth thinking about treating empirically with clexane intralpids and steroids and skipping the tests. you might want to make sure your vit D levels are ok before you do anything

Offline Jules18080

modify
    « Reply #134 on: 28/08/12, 21:33 »
    Hi I have just had my 4th bfn and I'm lost. Changed clinics for no 4 had nk, immune, thyroid checks done dnc and biopsy done. Also had vitamin d done and was slightly low so tool over the counter. Took cronine twice a day, clexane progy and intramuscular injections . Had a FET due to ohss and ha 4 month gap including taking antibiotics to ensure no infection.

Any pointers helpful as seeing the consultant next Thursday x

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #135 on: 28/08/12, 21:57 »
    hi jules: have you seen the self-help section at the top of this thread?   does anything there ring any bells for you?

Offline whigers

modify
    « Reply #136 on: 28/08/12, 21:59 »
    Hi Agate,

What a fantastic thread - thanks for posting so much valuable information.
    I wondered if you could give me a bit of guidance?  We have just had our 3rd failed ICSI & are at a lost of what to do now.
    I am 36, partner 35.  Severe male factor (7.7 million count, 2% morphology, 32% motility)
    1st cycle, long protocol, 14 eggs, 12 fertilised, 1x8 cell day 3 tranfer, 1 frostie, BFN (AF arrived day of test)
    2nd cycle, short protocol, 6 eggs, 4 fertilised, 1x6cell and 1x5cell day 3 transfer, no frosties, BFN (AF arrived day before test)
    3rd cycle, long protocol, 13 eggs, 10 fertilised, 1x8cell grade 1 and 1x9cell grade 2 day 3 transfer, no frosties, BFN (AF arrived day before test)
    I am going to have the Hidden-C test and ask for a hysterscopy.  Do you think we should look at the immune testing?  Why do we get a good number of eggs, great fertilisation and then never make it past a day 3 embryo? Just completely lost.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Whigers x

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #137 on: 28/08/12, 22:04 »
    My gut reaction would be a sperm problem that the ICSI isn't fixing - although its quite likely to be a combination of issues.  I think from your history I'd prioritise infection testing and sperm dna frag testing first before the immunes route.  In the meantime, I'd see if you can get your partner to take 1g vit C, 0.4g vit E and a good quality men's mulitvit plus 1g omega 3 fish oil.  If he goes to serum, I expect they might want to also try him on 30-45 days of antibiotics to see if they can get his sperm good enough for ivf.

Offline Shoegirl10

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #138 on: 28/08/12, 22:09 »
    Hi agate, this thread is great and tomorrow I have my follow up. Given my history of a bfp ending in miscarriage and now a bfn what do you think the problem could be?
    Both ivf were long protocol with 15 &17 eggs collected and over 50% fertilisation? Any advice greatly received xx

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #139 on: 28/08/12, 22:32 »
    rome: did you see the self help stuff at the top of the thread - I'd go through that systematically before your appt... there's not really enough info in your post for me to make a good guess... but you recovered quite a lot of eggs which isn't always great for egg quality - and I THINK 50% fert is below average - so can you try a change of protocol - e.g,. short flare if your natural cycles are at least 27 days long,