* Author Topic: Agate's guide to learning from your failed IVF cycle  (Read 295631 times)

0 Members

Offline crazyroychick

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Agate's guide to learning from your failed IVF cycle
« Reply #150 on: 30/08/12, 10:59 »
Agate, looking for some advice please, last 2 cycles was on cyclogest 400 2 x per day, 1st resulted in chemical pregnancy and 2nd BFN.  After m/c I bled for 6 days heavily stopped for 4 then bled for another 6 and 2nd I had a normal period.  My 3rd cycle I was on crinone 8% x1 per day but AF arrived day before test, I only bled fairly heavily for 4 hrs then stopped then bit of a heavy bleed next day then nothing, bleeding has completely stopped now???? Could this mean my lining didn't thicken up properly? didn't get symptoms I got on cyclogest, was always flushing whereas was freezing with crinone and my (.)(.) were just a bit sore at night whereas on cyclogest they were huge and agony constantly? Would appreciate any advice, thanx xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Flipsy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #151 on: 30/08/12, 11:15 »
    Hi Agate,
    I've just seen your comment regarding Spirulina - we are not moving on to double donor & wondered if you would recommend & if so what dose.

I'm currently taking Zita West vitafem & vitafem boost, omega 3 & folic acid 5mg.

Thank you

Offline Shoegirl10

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #152 on: 30/08/12, 11:30 »
    Hi Agate,

I am having Natural Killer Cells and Cykotine test run next week with a turn around of 2 weeks and then I will be taking it from there
    Silly question but are there any symptons that one could have for these tests?
    Also can asthma cause Natural Killer cells?

Thanks
    x

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #153 on: 30/08/12, 21:25 »
    Agate, looking for some advice please, last 2 cycles was on cyclogest 400 2 x per day, 1st resulted in chemical pregnancy and 2nd BFN.  After m/c I bled for 6 days heavily stopped for 4 then bled for another 6 and 2nd I had a normal period.  My 3rd cycle I was on crinone 8% x1 per day but AF arrived day before test, I only bled fairly heavily for 4 hrs then stopped then bit of a heavy bleed next day then nothing, bleeding has completely stopped now???? Could this mean my lining didn't thicken up properly? didn't get symptoms I got on cyclogest, was always flushing whereas was freezing with crinone and my (.)(.) were just a bit sore at night whereas on cyclogest they were huge and agony constantly? Would appreciate any advice, thanx xx

suggest you need to measure your blood progesterone at about 6dpec - then your clinic can either increase the pessaries or give you injections if its too low.

Hi Agate,
    I've just seen your comment regarding Spirulina - we are not moving on to double donor & wondered if you would recommend & if so what dose.

I'm currently taking Zita West vitafem & vitafem boost, omega 3 & folic acid 5mg.

Thank you

I'd go with what the packet says?

Hi Agate,

I am having Natural Killer Cells and Cykotine test run next week with a turn around of 2 weeks and then I will be taking it from there
    Silly question but are there any symptons that one could have for these tests?
    Also can asthma cause Natural Killer cells?

Thanks
    x

any autoimmune prob like asthma raises the chance of having other autoimmune probs.

there aren't any particular symptoms except a lot of ladies with raised NKa say they never get colds and sometimes with raised TNFa there is joint pain.

Offline Shoegirl10

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #154 on: 30/08/12, 21:42 »
    Thanks agate  ^hugme^
    I work as a teacher so tend to catch colds and have never experienced joint pain. My asthma always plays up when it's damp xx

Offline queenie73

modify
    « Reply #155 on: 31/08/12, 10:01 »
    Hello Agate,

I had a successful 1st ICSI with donor sperm 3 years ago aged 36...all went swimmingly.

Just completed 2nd round of ICSI (all same protocol)and again all went swimmingly until I got a BFN.  The only difference being I am heavier now as I haven't managed to shift the baby weight...can this really make a difference in getting those 1st grade blastos to stick?  So disappointed.

I was on the 21 day protocol with the drugs (synerel) nasal spray, menopur (300) for 12 days, EC = 11 eggs of which 8 fertilised with ISCI and 2 made it to Grade 1 AB blasto which I had transferred.

So sad.

Sx

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #156 on: 31/08/12, 17:05 »
    probably not the baby weight... but being 3 years older can make a big difference to the chance per cycle.... sounds like your ovaries are still doing well, so its PROBABLY a case of having to more cycles to get the same sort of chance you would have got in 1 cycle when you were 36.

Offline BettyMax

modify
    « Reply #157 on: 31/08/12, 18:15 »
    I have a question about sperm morphology.
    My husband was tested 12 months ago and came back with normal results. His morphology was 15% on the Kruger scale.
    We have just had ICSI and am currently dealing with a possible ectopic. That's bad enough, but his morphology is now under 1%. We can't understand what could cause a deterioration. He is a non-drinking, non-smoking healthy 33 year old. We don't want to have to rely on ICSI.
    Any advice would really help.

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #158 on: 31/08/12, 18:55 »
    I hope its not ectopic and you can get on again soon.

common reasons for fluctuating sperm problems:

- infection like mycoplasma/ureaplasma/chlamydia
    - not ejaculating regularly
    - poor diet  - so missing out on the necessary minerals like zinc and antioxidants like vit C
    - having a fever due to cold/flu etc in last 3 months
    - side effect of medication/drugs e.g., antibiotics, steroids, antidepressants, cannabis, anabolic steroids
    - stress
    - flashes of heat e.g., due to cycling, cooking, saunas or using laptop on lap

because there are so many factors, its very common for sperm parameters to fluctuate a lot

Offline Nahla

• Gold Member
    • life's what happens while you're busy making plans
    modify
    « Reply #159 on: 2/09/12, 12:32 »
    Hi Agathe,
    just spent the morning reading Your threads...very helpful, but I am a bit confused.

My problem:

TTC since 2010,
    in 2011 3 trials of IUI because of low sperm count and morphology, all BFN

then moved to ICSI, first attempt: 11 eggs, but only 5 fertilized, 2 transfered day 3, very good looking, BFN
    3 frozen ones, when defrosted, one died, 2 transferred at day 5, excellent blasts, biochemical pregnancy.

2 nd attempt: 12 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 transferred day 3, BFN
    2 attempts of FET, each time 3 defrosted, 1 died, 2 transferred, each time perfect embryos, but BFN.

Transfer seems to have been easy each time, we used short protocol, doc said that everything went perfectly ok except for the fact that I am not pregnant.

I have done all the normal tests including hysteroscopy, everything normal.
    i read about the immune tests and DNA fragmentation tests, and I think about doing that....
    but as I am living in Switzerland, I will have to inform myself where this is possible.

Do You have an idea, how probable it is to have fertility problems because of immune reactions? I mentioned it once to my doc, and he just laughed about it. I mean, is it a common problem or very seldom? Maybe its too early to think about such reasons, but I now want to exclude every unknown reason.

Which tests would You recommend for us?

thank You for helping so many people with Your threads...
    you are doing a great job!!! ^hugme^