* Author Topic: Agate's guide to learning from your failed IVF cycle  (Read 295633 times)

0 Members

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
  • Volunteer
see Karyotyping in the immunes FAQ (link in my signature)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline HMB

• Gold Member
    Hi Agate,
    This new thread is really great.

I was wondering if you had done research on what the CD3 hormone levels should be in order to be "normal". I thought I understood, but frankly the ranges are too large given by the labs, and conflict with other info I have read.

I am currently concerned about oestradiol levels, but understanding the "normal" to "excellent" ranges for the main hormones is helpful (FSH, LH).

I got the following results yesterday on CD3: FSH 2.6 ui/l; LH 1.5 ui/l; Oestradiol 177 picog/ml.

Lots written on what to do to treat other hormone problems, but what can you do if oestradiol is high (not sure if mine is too high or not...)?

Thanks

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    if your E2 is high (which yours seems to be), I think what it means is that your FSH can't be relied on as an indicator of ovarian reserve - because a high E2 will tend to push the FSH down - so if the E2 had been normal, the FSH would probably have been quite a lot higher.    Your FSH is very low for your age - but I think you have to expect that it probably equates to a much higher level.  Its probably not worth dwelling too much on either the E2 or the FSH as we already know from your history that you don't get a huge response to IVF stims?

The way to maximise your chances with OE, I guess is all the normal suggestions for reduced ovarian response - I think I put some info above.

But I would ask your GP to measure DHEAS and prolactin.   If your DHEAS is low, then maybe a 3 month course of DHEA would be worth a try. 

You probably don't need me to tell you that you'd have a better chance with DE, I guess.

good luck with your cycle

A x

Offline HMB

• Gold Member
    Thanks Agate. I do not have a high ovarian reserve but I still have eggs. Very lucky. I did actually respond well to the OI tx. The goal in OI is to get 1-3 (or 4 if over 40) not more like in IVF, which I did in the fall. The protocol was 150 puregon. Had a hysto and then operation in January to remove polyp. I didn't want to wait 2-3 cycles when my body would more likely be recovered from the op to try IUI, so I went ahead in Feb. I did not respond well to the stimms then, the follies only went to 3-4mm, lining not normal either, and the cycle went on 41 days. None of that happened in the fall. Due to the Feb. poor response, I was thinking like you that I need to do more and will reread your suggestions for that. I also did the hidden uterine Greek infections test which came back positive for one of them so I took ABs.

As long as I have eggs, I will try with them, at least for another year, then we will stop with the extra efforts. DE is not an option for us, although I am aware of it being practically a sure thing. Thanks for pointing out the DHEAS issue, no doctor had suggested it to me yet but I think I'll have it tested whenever that is possible (will have to convince my doctor). I have added lots of support supplements/meds to help and may take prednisolone if it comes in the mail in time. No intralipids as my Doc here veto'd using it until after a BFP. I want to go to Serum to try natural IVF, but can't afford it at the moment.

Offline late66

Thank you Agate for another great thread! I will recommend it to everyone who is new to this complicated world even if Just found it and will read it more thoroughly later.

Offline IwillKeepTrying

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Agate and thank you for this thread, HMB  ^hugme^ sent me here. Sooooo much to read.  I created a MS Word document of this and your FAQ so I can read it on the train or bus or away from my PC.

It makes me realise that that there are many things I should know but don't should, and I have questions for my doctor before he completely writes us off!

Offline beans33

• Gold Member
    Brilliant Agate! I will print off and take to my follow up. I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks. I was really sick with severe throat/chest infection after ET and it fits in with the immune reaction. I was only a few days late having intripilid and had a week off luteal support HCG injections I figure if I was pregnant or not. I feel this is the week I lost the baby. I feel positive that something can be done for next time as I felt the majority of the immunes worked for me.

Thanks Agate

Offline Maybethistime

This is great. The women on this site are exceptional.

Offline Lady S

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Agate..Loving the info!.

Can i ask your advice?, ive currently had 2 failed fresh ICSI and a failed FET..Everything seams fine throughout TX (eggs good, lining great), except after transfer...I never get to OTD before AF starts (always day 10). I was put on Gestone on my last FET but AF arrived 4 Days after transfer????.  For my 4th cycle, they will be putting me back on the pessaries.

If this turns out to be a BFN again, should i be looking at immues? if so, which ones?.

Thankyou  ^hugme^
    xxx

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    First of all I'd do the greek menstrual blood test for chlamydia - I wouldn't be at all surprised to find you are harbouring a tiny trace of chlamydia which is resurging when you do your IVFs.   It just seems much more common to have dodgy progesterone levels where patients have long term chlamydia.  there is info in my immunes faq and in my serum file.   It could be as simple as you just needing to take antibiotics during your ivf and for the first few weeks of pg - but I would also suggest both pessaries AND injections - you might want to suggest to your docs starting the pessaries after EC, but then testing your blood progesterone levels at around ET and then adding the injections on about day 6 if your levels are low.

if you did run your chicago tests, I would GUESS you might find a high CD19+5+

best of luck.... but I do think it'd be worth spending the money to do the greek menstrual blood tests - particularly the locus medicus chlamydia test.