* Author Topic: Agate's guide to learning from your failed IVF cycle  (Read 295635 times)

0 Members

Offline Jillyhen

• Gold Member
Hello

Can i join you??

Ive just had my 3rd & final cycle of ivf..
Our 1st ivf was last year, ended before testing day..
Moved clinics
2nd ivf we got a bfp started bleeding 2 days later, dr said it was a chemical pregnancy.. Had been on synarel sprays & 225 gonal f.. 7 eggs collected.. a grade 2 & 3 transferred.

3rd ivf,recently.
suprefract injections & 225 gonal f
5 eggs collected.. 2 grade 1's, a grade 2 & 3.
managed to have a grade 1. 2bb blastocyst transferred.. other 2 made it 2 bastocyst but unfortunately couldnt be frozen.
Got a bfp but again bleeding started 2 days later..

My amh was tested came back at 9.7.

Hcg levels checked slowly rising then started to drop..

Can you advise what i should do now.. Obviously there is a problem with me keeping the embryo. Could there be issues there that have prevented me from getting pregnant before?

Jillyhen

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline silverbird

if you had zero fert, but are going to use donor eggs, you want to be as sure as you can that the sperm  aren't (part of) the problem?  So if you are using donor sperm you'll want to use a proven sperm donor (a donor who has given good fertilisation and pregnancies before).

If you've not got as far as transfer, obviously we expect that there is no problem with the uterus but its always worth a double check with aquascan just to make sure there is no problem... but really I'd be hopeful that you will get pg easily with double donor and without extra tests.

although, from reading your history the things that occur to me:

we don't know the reason for your POF, and it'd be worth making sure that it isn't related to thyroid problems (or bloodflow), so maybe ask your GP to screen your TSH, FT4 and antithyroid antibodies and to do a thrombophilia screen - have a look in the faq under Level 1 tests.

if your tubes are blocked that normally means a history of infection or possibly endometriosis.  So I think I'd do the greek test for chlamydia with serum.

best wishes

a x

Thanks loads Agate! I certianly hope your right about conceving quickly with donnor eggs! I haven't had any problems with my linning wither cycle.

I had a laproscopy in Nov 2011 to free my ovary which was stuck on my uterus and remove a small amount of endomitruis.  No problems were reported then.  Is it worth an aqua scan to double check and make sure nothing has come up since then.

I believe my tubes are proably blocked from scaring after the surgery I had in 2009 to remove my other ovary.  I had the virginal swab for cyamidia in Jan with no problems.  Is it still worth getting the test from serum?

Do you have serum's e-mail? I can't get it to work off the website becuase of probs with loading outlook.

I'll look into the immune test with my GP.

Cheers

Silverbird

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    [email protected]

yes, I would do the greek test - its more sensitive.

an aquascan shows you the uterus but not outside the uterus.

if you have mild endometriosis - have a read in the endometriosis section of my faq about letrozole 5 day protocol.

Jillyhen: have you already worked through the checklists at the start of this thread?

Offline Jillyhen

• Gold Member
    Agate

i had a glance down the list, i tink im going to print it off and reply then

Jillyhen

Offline Coops_

• TTC since 2008 September.
    Hi Agate,

After the scare last week i made it to EC on Monday, 18 collected, 16 were mature and 13 fertilized. All with IVF this time around as DH sperm were better quality then last time.
    They are at day 2 at the moment but sadly as last time all fragmanted.  :( Dont understand why both cycle ended up in fragmantation. Bit gutted really as it is probably wont end up in pregnancy.  :( Is it the quality of my eggs do you think?

Thanks

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    I'm so sorry.   
    fragmentation is more often the egg than the sperm, but the sperm can contribute as well.

sometimes it results from a bad stim e.g., too much LH, but if it keeps repeating then its either egg, sperm or both?

Offline Sweetnats

• Gold Member
    Hi agate.

Just been directed to your thread but not had chance to read all yet. So will have a good read up later.

I had a free NHS cycle in 2010 which resulted in a chemical pregnancy on my 40th birthday. Had one frostie which was put back and resulted in a a bfn.

We then decided to go to Norway where they found I had pcos and put me on metformin. Then had a full cycle where I got 28 eggs. They done half ivf and half icsi. And 24 fertilised. Only 14 were good enough so they put 2 in which were 3 day 8 cell. This resulted in an early mc at about 5-6 weeks. They froze 12. And I hold the record at the clinic for the most top grade embies. All of them being perfect 8 cell symmetric. Had fet 1 in jan and was on 3 x 500mg metformin. 3x Progynova from day 1 and 1 x 40mg clexane a day and then 2x cyclogest a day after transfer. Had 2 embies transferred and again an early mc. This last fet I had exactly the same with added prednisone 10mg a day and they also used embryo glue.

So had extra this time and it all resulted in a bfn.

Have had all level 1 bloods done and all ok. Have had karotyping done on me and dh and all ok. Also had a hysteroscopy and all ok. Whenever I have transfer my lining on day 14 is 10-13 mm.

Could you suggest anything????

Offline agate

• Volunteer
    well... at the top of the thread are my checklists of everything that I would think about... so I would definitely go through all the points.

but nothing shouts at me from your info except that 28 eggs is a lot and studies have suggested that, statistically, quality starts to go down if you recover more than 15 eggs... so if possible, the clinic should try to manage your stim so you don't overstim so much?

sometimes pred and clex needs to be started much earlier than that to have affect implantation.

Offline bettyboop5

• Gold Member
    Sweetnats  Have you done the hidden C via menstruation blood test too?  xx

Offline Sweetnats

• Gold Member
    Hi ladies

Thank you for your advice. I will have a read agate. Although unfortunately I won't be having another fresh cycle as I am now 42. So we figures if at the end of this cycle using 14 embryos. If we don't get a baby then it probably won't happen. Not sure how I will feel at the end though

Betty. Not heard of hidden c. So I guess I haven't. The NHS done all the basics but that's pretty much all they told me.