* Author Topic: Surrogacy at Reprofit?  (Read 2152 times)

0 Members

Offline A2012

• Un-Ranked
modify
Surrogacy at Reprofit?
« on: 23/03/12, 21:55 »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to FF and am happy to see that there are many nice people here and when reading the tickers, it gives me more strenght and hope to start our journey to have a baby  ^pray^

My husband and I are considering Reprofit for surrogacy. (We already have a surrogate fortunately.) Does anybody have any experience with this? I will probably opt for a natural IVF cycle for medical reasons. I would love to hear from someone who has been through this and who can advise us.

Best wishes to everyone!
Ann x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline IVF Traveler

• Gold Member
    • Formerly known here as MeritageSue
    modify
    Re: Surrogacy at Reprofit?
    « Reply #1 on: 23/03/12, 22:02 »
    Ann, I have worked with a few patients who have taken their own contracted surrogates to Reprofit.   You will be in good hands there! 

Did you have specific questions?

Offline A2012

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 23/03/12, 22:27 »
    Thank you for your reply. We were wondering if everything is happening over there or can we start with the medication (especially for our surrogate) at home and have the egg retrieval over there?
    Also do you know if there is a waiting list?
    How about all the tests (AMH level, etc) can they be done in my home country?

Thanks!!

Offline Betty-Boo

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • It's never too late to be what you might have been
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 24/03/12, 08:46 »
    two - I have read about another lady who went for surrogacy in Reprofit - if I find the post I'll put a link in here ...

You can start all meds back home and fly out for egg retrieval.  That's what we all do.  Might be worth asking some of the ladies on these threads.  Lots have gone out, I've been there 6 times I think in total (trying to count back..)

All the best  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ xx

Current cyclers : https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=272188.0

General Thread: https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=267859.0

Offline doopy

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 24/03/12, 10:38 »
    hi twoofone, i'm going out in may with my surrogate, and just has thetis has said you do everything at home and fly out for egg collection-i'm going out on day 10 and staying for 10 days- my surrogate is coming for 4 nights- i just had to make sure there was a bit of leeway with egg collection being a few possible days. all contact with stephan has been over e-mail and then on this side my gp is helping with bloods, drugs and scan. any questions at all just ask and if i can help i will. :)
    siobhan

Offline IVF Traveler

• Gold Member
    • Formerly known here as MeritageSue
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 13/04/12, 19:22 »
    sorry, somehow I missed your question.

Yes, the tests can be done before you leave.   Ideally, if you are using your own meds, you can start meds at home and then arrive in Czech in time for your first u/s - you will be there a much longer time than is necessary for the surrogate, she can start meds in advance and have an U/S at home before leaving to make sure her lining is good, then start progesterone the day of your retrieval - she can literally come just for transfer, although you may want her to come out a couple days after you are expecting retrieval (could change depending on how you respond to meds) so that she is there for either a day 3 or day 5 transfer, then you can return together.   

The wait list is mostly for donor eggs at Reprofit, if you are using your own eggs, you can likely go sooner. 

Offline Want-a-baby

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 16/04/12, 01:35 »
    Hi Ann,
    I have been in contact with another lady (here on FF) who went to Reprofit for gestational surrogacy (used her own eggs). She hired an American surrogate mother through an American surrogacy agency (in Idaho). To cut the story short, her surrogate flew from the US to CZ for embryo transfer, went back to the US and gave birth to their twins some months later. She speaks very highly of Reprofit.
    I hope this helps a bit :-)
    Good luck,  WAB

Offline A2012

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 3/05/12, 21:26 »
    Thank you ladies for your replies. We're going to Brno to meet with Stepan next week to discuss everything. There's been a lot of hassle to get a visa for our surrogate so we need to work very efficiently now. Hopefully we get a green light to start soon! ^pray^