* Author Topic: 1st time IUI Clomid, Puregon, Pregnyl , BFP TWINS  (Read 40083 times)

0 Members

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
  • “For this Child I Have Prayed” I Samuel 1:27
Dear Diary

Hello, it is me again ;D . I know you probably think , what is going? first Natural pregnacy diary  https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=284341.0 , now D-IUI diary.

Well it is time to start a new diary and get things going for us. We booked everything now to go to Maigaard, DK. Flights, Hotel, travel cost to London, aiport hotel, etc. So happy , feels good to go back to Europe and see places and get something so beautiful back. A baby!

We are having my parents to look after the pets , that will save us a lot of money. I had enough of trying to wait for the NHS to help us so we have decided to go to Denmark for treatment. I hate Dr saying No to us , when other women with my condition can become pregnant.

This is my first time in Denmark - I will be exploring Aarhus with DH for 4 days.  :) taking pictures all over the city.

We ordered the medication, so that soon will arrive. Asda said to my Dh as I was working " you need to see the doctor, before we can prescribe it". We said to ourselves, I dont think so. So we went to Manor Pharmacy instead and we are getting it from them. The prescription is from Denmark, so I dont see why Asda will not accept it.

I have an issue with Pregnyl which needs to be in the fridge- so I said to the clinic that I will buy it from Denmark as I cant travel with a medication that needs proper storage.

I am really seeing some progress here, the NHS didnt help us and I feel that it is time to act and make our own destiny. Hate it when people say, No no no, I really do. One Dr said, "IUI wont work, you are a poor responder". I am still ovulating, I am still young, I dont see a problem doing D-IUI.
I am not listening to anyone and I am tired of taking their answers.

I will make my dreams come true :) ^reiki^ .

All the best !

Hope xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Dear Diary

Feeling a bit down - I have no job now and I gave myself 100% to be successful. All my wages are going for Denmark. I am happy to give it all away to get a baby back. Noone outside this forum understand infertility - some people are cold hearted in this world. Only those with similar experiences will understand. But when it comes to listening to their problems, you really have to listen. Why? Makes no sense. everyone is different I guess. So next time I go to another job I will say nothing about my infertility and IVF treatments to anyone. I'll take time off without saying a thing. The best thing. 

Dad and mum called saying that they will come and look after the pets (one cat ^cat^ , our shih tzu dog and shorkie) for us. They live in London and they are coming to see us before we go for Denmark. So nice to have them around and saving £150 on pet hotel.

So yesterday we booked our hotel at the Stanstead Airport (http://www.stanstedairport.com/), the hotel was £79 without breakfast - it does not matter £20 more or £30 less all I want is for us to feel comfortable before flying. We used Trivago , which is really good for deals. No breakfast on this hotel, it cost £17 which I think is too much ;D .

Having treatment abroad still cheaper than having it in England. So far here is the list of our travel cost:

1. flights with Ryanair (return) £63.96 via Rynair airlines
    2. Aarhus Hotel £241.97 (3 nights) using Trivago.com
    3. Stanstead airport hotel £79 using expedia.com
    4. Travel cost from Home to Stanstead Airport £66 using Trainline

Travelling across England is more expensive than travelling abroad- silly or what? ^idiot^
    It was cheaper to buy everything individually and work times and flights than buy all inclusive (ie hotel +flights on expedia).Denmark is expensive and we are not even going to a big city like Copenhagen.

There is more to spend, including treatment, food cost and travel cost across Aarhus.

Money is so important and I am giving it all my monthly wages for this. I rather spend it on something productive than silly things. Money goes so fast without thinking about it.

I really cant wait

Aarhus is expensive, so we will have to be careful with our spending. We are going to be there for 3 nights. This is our first time in Denmark. So far we are given the best support and knowing some ladies here with similar experiences it really helps.

I am sorry if I sound a bit pessimistic,  just had a horrible week with my contract ending and now I am jobless again :( Maybe its a good reason as to why I need this break...

Time to move into something new in my life -

Lots of love

Hope xx

My blog : https://vegiemamablog.wordpress.com/

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Dear Diary

It is me again, hi.

Today I felt a bit down - mum was asking me silly questions about my treatment and I she thought that I need to live in Denmark to have the baby. She called me later today and we spoke and I explained everything, she is ok now ;D .

So today I got a call from the hospital regarding a job vacancy. It is me visiting patients at the ward and doing assessment work. It is very much fast working. I need go next week to introduce myself, hopefully the lady will get me started after my trip -just told her I am off to Denmark full stop. This is wonderful news, but I am not jumping from my seat until I have confirmation of a start date ;D 

DH is having a Colonoscopy tomorrow morning - a bit worried. He is not eating at all because of the treatment and he took some Picolax (laxative) to go to the toilet. All I want is for everything to be right and see no polyps on the screen, just a clear healthy colon. Oh God help us to get this one right. ^reiki^  We will have to be there in the morning early for a 9am procedure.

In terms of treatment, we are keeping in touch with Dr Kirk via email. We are thinking about buying the sperm ^sperm^ ^sperm^ ^sperm^ ^sperm^ ^sperm^  directly from the bank...this is something we need to think carefully about and we only have 2 weeks.  :)

More to report tomorrow, as for now I am off to have my tea ;)

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Dear Diary

Good evening!, it is a short message today. We had an early morning, spending nearly 4 hours in the hospital. DH has the Colonoscopy, everything went ok but Dr said they couldn't find anything, but they took 10 biopsies. That's a lot. There was an emergency and I asked the nurse what was happening and whether my DH was ok - she said he was ok , oh boy that really caused my heart to beat fast. It was another inpatient-something went wrong somewhere. I hope the person is doing well. DH said it felt awful as he didn't have sedation and the camera was going around the colon (looks like a very long organ :) ). Anyway, hopefully the biopsy will tell something.

I am so tired today, did some cleaning in the house to avoid watching boring TV.

Friday  ^No AF^  CD29, please do not come - it will be amazing to get a natural pregnancy and going to Denmark for a break instead of D-IUI. But if we do D-IUI it will be amazing too. I dont feel I am losing anything, but gaining a lot this month.

I must go now, take care diary and to everyone I wish you a lovely evening.

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Dear Diary

CD27

DH went to work early in the morning (6am). I woke up 9:30am -  fed the pets and went to town to get some food and my medication (clomid 10 tablets and Puregon 50iu x 3 days). The pharmacist was a bit of a  ^swear^ , he said " Are you buying the pregnyl then?" I said "NO" something that I explained to him over the phone a week ago. The pharmacist had to order the medication from elsewhere. I cant travel 48 hours with a medication that requires the fridge then he said "I wish you told me", Well I said "you can always send it back",..he said " no, it is a fridge medication". At this point I felt like saying I am sorry but I cant risk my treatment over one medication. I cant believe this, it is ok for them to make mistakes (clinical trial errors, wrong dosage/wrong protocol given by my previous clinic Fertility Care, etc)and I am not allowed to say "no, wait I paying here I know what I need and what is best for me". I thought to myself, 7 years of waiting to have a child, I am not going to destroy it over one medication and allow this pharmacist to rule me. He knows perfectly well that if a medication is not in the fridge, the medication is going to be tainted and will not help me ovulate. This happened with my Menopur during my treatment- the heatwave in October 2011 (I am sure) destroyed my medication. Dios Mio! (My god) At this point I feel like speaking in Spanish....He didn't say anything at the end, but I felt that I had no consumer rights (my right to change my mind).

No-one understands outside this forum, no Dr, No pharmacist, etc. If there is anyone on my side, please stand up... ;D

So finally, I have the two that I need for my D-IUI.

Clomid and Puregon..total amount £69.25

The pregnyl will be given by my clinic (Maigaard)   

Sorry for being harsh today diary, I am tired of people playing around with my time/money. Also emotions are playing part- a sign that  ^witch^  is on the way CD27

I am off now, hoping everyone who is reading this is doing well.

Regards

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: 1st D- IUI, one IVF - Going to Denmark
    « Reply #5 on: 5/04/12, 18:09 »

Dear Diary
    CD28

So hungry, I think I am eating too much ^bigbad^  or maybe is because A/F is on its way tomorrow will tell.

One symptom I have is bright yellow urine (luminous, glow)  ^idiot^ ,  is it the vitamins that I am taking or something else? I am taking pregnacare (pre conception).

Other symptoms, A few cramps, high libido*, CM egg white**, and of course very hungry.

More to report tomorrow :)

Hope xx

* happens before my A/F ,

** CM (cervical Mucus) strange for me , it should be pinkish at this time of the month CD28.

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 6/04/12, 18:46 »
    Dear Diary

CD29

No sign of  ^witch^ yet.

More to report later in the evening. I have no idea- maybe I am late?

I am feeling that she is about to be here at any time.  :'( ^eyes^ 

Later on...

Yep, she is here, the  ^witch^  is here. It came around 8pm, well at least Denmark is still on. Looks like it didn't work despite trying so hard this month naturally.

Denmark here we come!

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 7/04/12, 12:46 »
    Dear Diary

CD1

Got a message from Dr Kirk ( http://www.maigaard.dk/ ) stating that I should use a 2ml syringe, which I have from previous treatment. Looks like we have to change our dates back and book a further day in Aarhus, we got it wrong as my period came later in the evening they my first day of my cycle from today.  ^bigbad^ I guess you have to make mistakes to get it right at the end.

I am off now, but I will be back  :) .

Adelante! (lets go forward, in Spanish)

Later on.

We made a few mistakes with the travelling (ie tickets), but we should not panic. Now the clinic are saying that they can do the insemination on the 19th or 20th April because my period came yesterday evening (8pm) which counts as today (CD1). That means we have to buy new plane tickets (x2) from Aarhus to London, book 2 nights in a hotel in Aarhus, buy new train tickets from Stanstead airport to Home.

So I will add a few figures later on in the day.

Extra costs:

Ryanair plane tickets changes - £30.61 (Aarhus -London)
    Total spent £550.79 (including hotel, plane tickets, train, medication).

Still to pay (estimate)

Treatment D-IUI- Cryos Bank (Sperm Bank) £400?
    Pregnyl (given by the clinic) £20??
    2 night hotel stay (extra) £180

Food/social activities £100 possible less (if lucky)
    Transfers £40 (Airport)

The reason we needed to stay another night - flight leaves in the morning, instead of the evening and we needed an extra stay. Another alternative was to go to Billund Airport  http://www.billund-airport.com/  , which is 2 hours from Aarhus - but was not possible for us. My advice is to plan in advance- we were unlucky in some ways because my period came later 8pm and that counts as the next day (Today 7.04 CD1) (something I couldn't predict).

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 8/04/12, 11:38 »
    Dear Diary

CD2

More expenses today, but not as much as we thought.

Extra costs

Airport -Home (£28)

Pets are going to be OK, no need to worry about them.  :)  Thank God for my parents.

Still to book extra 2 nights in Aarhus.

Treatment to still pay..That's it. Not a cheap trip ;D  ,  but all for a good cause.

Trust yourself and go with your heart. Tomorrow I am starting to take my first clomid, never had it before.

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 9/04/12, 16:44 »
    Dear Diary

CD3

CLOMID - 2 tablets a day 50mg (100mg total)

I took clomid this morning at 10:30am - then I will take it 7pm.

My treatment started today :) ,I do ^pray^ that everything goes well. I was thinking today about how exhausting this process is - everything that I do with IVF/IUI takes time/money. Just thinking about infertility takes your energies away. We need a break. I can honestly say that the clinic in Denmark dedicated a lot of their time and I am so grateful to them.

No much else to report today. :)

Hope xx