* Author Topic: 1st time IUI Clomid, Puregon, Pregnyl , BFP TWINS  (Read 40116 times)

0 Members

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
  • “For this Child I Have Prayed” I Samuel 1:27
modify
Re: 1st IUI, one IVF - Going to Denmark
« Reply #10 on: 10/04/12, 18:29 »
Dear diary

CD4

Clomid 10:30am - next one 7pm.

Symptoms : moody, sleepy, hungry, tired, upset. Can Clomid do this?

No much else to report apart from more spending:

Today we bought the 2 extra nights £177 at Aarhus. Denmark :)

Hoping that everything will go well.

Today was a good day.

Glad to share my story with all of you.

Hope xx

My blog : https://vegiemamablog.wordpress.com/

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Dear Diary

CD5

Last night I took my clomid 7:30pm, a bit later. I was watching this programme called Russian Dolls and I forgot all about it.

Took my Clomid this morning 10:30am. The next one is 7pm.

In a few days we are going to Denmark- I will re-consider going to Denmark in the future. It is very expensive. They don't have the Euro. Doing some research last night with DH we found out that Denmark is one of the countries with highest VAT (25%), that makes more sense why everything is so expensive (hotels, transport, food?, even sperm has VAT).

So, if everything goes well possible will consider Denmark in the future (based on how the treatment goes), but if things don't work out I will have to go to Reprofit - where hotels are cheaper.Will see! Maybe saving more money is the solution! , but I already gave all my wages and some savings all away for Denmark.

As for symptoms, not much apart from feeling so low, weak and moody. I was reading that clomid can cause problems with swing moods, sleeping problems, bloating, nausea. The symptoms are listed here:  http://infertility.about.com/od/clomid/tp/clomid_side_effects.htm for more information.

I am a bit scared about how I am doing in terms of growing follicles- with my IVF cycle I had 3 and only one ws 15.5 mm on CD9. If this happened on CD9 , surely by CD11 I will have it 18mm. That's my only concern.

No much else to report.

Praying for Indonesia at the moment hoping that everything will be OK.

See you tomorrow, same time? :)

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Dear Sir/Madam

CD6

Last night I took my Clomid at 7:30pm, again ^eyes^ . This time I blame the jerk beef for delaying things ;D .

Today I took my Clomid 10:40am, a bit later today.

Yesterday night me and DH bought our sperms from the sperm Bank. It was very expensive (£325) per 1 unit IUI ready.

I called the sperm bank because I was worried about the receipt (I didn't get anything to confirm my purchase) The lady on the phone was very nice and I told her to forgive me for my English, but I speak Spanish ;D  and I only speak a little English ^idiot^ ....(that's a joke)

She said she understand me - it's hard to speak English to another foreigner when you are a foreigner yourself- it does sound completely a different language :) .

She was happy to answer all my questions. We will pick this up from the Bank and take it ourselves to the clinic, she said "the tank weight is 10 kilos", she meant the nitrogen tank..I said "oh my, really"..hehe thats heavy, I said my little dog is 10 kilos, surely is going to be ok carrying the tank across Aarhus, right. But we had to do it that way to save money - to ship the sperm they charge 100 euros exclusive of VAT (25%). ^eyes^  25% my my..

Anyways, everything is going as planned. My only concern (again) is the follicle growth. Yesterday night I had some cramps on my right ovary (the silence ovary), but since the HSG this ovary is functioning better. So I was happy to be in pain (for some bizarre reason), and felt a bit bloated.

No other symptoms to report.

See you tomorrow, same time again?,

Off to the library to print some things from the travelling.

Take care diary, you are a star.

Love ^reiki^ ^hugme^

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Dear Diary
    CD7 (Clomid 100mg DAY3-7

Well this is funny, in my previous message I said "Dear Sir/Madam" instead "Dear Diary", now I have no idea where that came from ^idiot^ ;D
    I am watching Real Housewives of Orange County and is all good, just watching california sun makes me smile and remains me when I was in LA a few years ago, I like it- it takes your mind away from reality (fertility issues).
    Today I took my Clomid in the morning 10:30am, the next one 7pm. No more Clomid from 7pm.
    Tomorrow I am injecting myself with Puregon (50iu) which is in the fridge. ^eyes^  Now this one I have to be careful, it brings painful memories when I was doing the Menopur injecting myself with 300iu a day (like water , it did nothing). I read Puregon it's better and it's more expensive which is why the NHS decided to give me the cheapest one - human urine based FSH. Seriously, have your urine back ;D , I don't need it.

Symptoms since taking Clomid: insomnia, sweating, feeling hot, a bit of  minor cramps (right ovary mostly). Not as moody >:( :( ;D :) :-\ ^eyes^ as first days.

Shame, I deleted my ICSI diary from my previous treatment so I can see how far I came, I was really upset that I was given the wrong protocol by Care for someone like me with high FSH levels, low afc (13)?? and nothing was going right and in that sense you want to forget all about it and delete bad memories.
    I don't believe any Doctor now, Nooo , never take 1 advise but continue searching and achieving your goals- when they said " you wont respond to IUI" "It wont happen" " blah blah" " I know more than you, you are a patient". HA HA Ha . I mean give me a break (seriously ;D ) I am reading every day mistakes made by doctors and they are human just like the rest of us. If a lady with high FSH can become pregnant naturally and I know someone wrote a book about this and she had FSH levels 42"Inconceivable: A Woman's Triumph Over Despair and Statistics by Julia Indichova". This is also her website http://www.fertileheart.com/ There is no perfect science, we see miracles every day, people living longer, etc.D- IUI is perfect for someone like me, even better with my FSH levels (not as high as the lady above). The sperms don't have to swim as much and they are there ready to fertilize the egg. So I should work with my own body and naturally it will happen with donor sperm. Today's plan is.1. start packing the suitcase2. buy a new duvet for my parents 3. prepare the syringes - need to inject myself before flying on Monday -must not forget them.4. Go to the library and print some more things about the travelling.Well that's all diary, really have to go now. Time is flying and more when the weather is grey.

Hope

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Good morning Diary,

CD8 (Puregon Day8-10) 50iu @5:40am

I was up early today (5am). DH went to work 6am.

I took the decision to do my injection early in the morning to give my body time to grow my follicles. Last treatment I did my injection in the evening (8pm) and I think that was wrong of me. See how things go with the early injections :) , perhaps it's true what they say, it gives the body more time to digest the drug and better for your follicles. It is good for you  ;) 

Yesterday I almost forgot to take my last clomid ^eyes^ , again. It's not easy to remain yourself, but I did it a bit later this time  :-X  10:30pm. Ops!

Today I have a busy day, picking my parents from the train station. Making sure they know everything they need to know before we go. I am so happy, but at the same time worried that if something goes wrong then I don't know what else is out there for us in terms of 1) should we continue doing D-IUI 2) should we do IVF again (3) should we quit? Is too many questions with no answers. Questions I don't want to think about.

Anyways, it is a long day for me. Making sure the house is prepared for my lovely lovely parents who are staying to look after the house and animals. I feel so lucky to have good parents :) .

Symptoms: cramps (right ovary), some in the left ovary, insomnia, bloated (a bit), and tired. 

Plan for today

1) pick my parents up
    2) finish my suitcase
    3) take my 2ml injection, must not forget.
    4) buy dog/cat food

That's for today diary. I have nothing else to say, unless you have something to say to me  ;D , you never do (I know) but I know you listen. ;)

I must go now, I am a full time housewife today  ^eyes^

Thank you for the bubbles, you know who you are  ^hugme^

Don't give up your dreams! You know what they say, keep trying and it will happen.  :)

Hasta luego (much later)

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Dear Diary

CD11

Good afternoon from Aarhus (Denmark), 7c and it is very cold :) . Luckly where I am is warm, in our hotel. We arrived yesterday and I was so tired from travelling 2 days without sleeping properly. Forgive me for taking my time to write to you. I am not forgetting you and I know a lot of people are reading my diary.

Good news, was seen by the Dr at Maigaard, she measured my follicle size and at first it didnt look good (right ovary, 8.3mm, 14.6mm) and (left ovary, 19.5mm, 20.2mm, 18.5mm). Well, looks like the gynecologist in England was wrong stating " with less drug used in IUI you will not respond". He said this because I didnt respond to the IVF drugs (well how did I respond to IUI with less drugs? ??? ), I responded to 50iu (Puregon) better than 300 iu (Menopur). How is this possible? Wrong wrong wrong, I will never listen to anyone that gives you false hope. Seriously, this Dr can destroy someone's life.

Dr in Denmark said " they are optimum size". The clinic was lovely and it is very clean , small place and you can see they are more patient focus. Danish people are so nice, yesterday when we first arrived this danish lady payed our travel tickets (equivalent to 4 pounds for both of us) because we didnt have change only big currency, and bus driver doesn't take cash- There is a machine that you have to use on the bus to pay.  :)

So I have 3 good size follicles, I was given the pregnyl (5.000 iu) straight away by the nurse. The Dr said We should see you tomorrow in the afternoon. So tomorrow we have a long day, have breakfast early and off we go to collect our baby,  ^sperm^  or sperms I should said, but baby sounds better  :) .

I am really tired today diary, I only can say " I am in shock" with the results.

I am over the moon and Denmark is the place to be right now :) , now it's the final stage of getting things done and waiting for a miracle in 2 weeks. Tomorrow will be a good day for us.

If things dont work out then its bad luck this time but I will do it again and again. Then I will come to Denmark to show my child where he-she was first made and possible will give him-her a Danish Name :) . I was treated with respect and they know that this is important , and thats how it should be. So happy I cant understand anything anymore, I cant believe anything people tell me back home.

Take care diary, see you tomorrow or the following day. You do listen, just like the Danes did  ;)  to us. Maybe you are a Danish diary???  ::)

I am going to rest now  ^hugme^ , but seriously dont take anyones' word..just go with your instincts and do it, dont waste time because this is what happened to us (we were given no hope in the UK :'( ).

To everyone else, keep positive and listen to your heart.

Love

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Good morning Diary

I am up early this morning (6:30am), getting ready to go to the Sperm Bank with a taxi and bring the sperm back to the clinic. It is a team work. I am having an adrenalin rush this morning, couldnt eat much this morning.

I am feeling cramping, a sign that my eggs are ready to come out of their follicles. I didnt think I willl respond this well and everything is happening so fast. DH is feeling nervous too ^eyes^ .

Oh diary, I must go now wish me luck and I feel that something good is coming my way. Can this be for real?

If I am not here tomorrow, is because I am moving hotel near the city. I am not sure whether they have internet there.

Take care my love, you are the best diary in the world.

Hugs from me, mua mua

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Dear Diary

I am officially PUPPO  :) , yes I can say for the first in my life that I am pregnant until testing day (4.05.2012), and hopefully for the following 9 months. I am so happy that despite everything that happened to us back home, someone here said "everything is perfect" " we are ready to inseminate" " perfect Mucus the Dr said, thats what I like to see" and I knew because I was so juicy down there and I had white mucus a sign of fertility. With my IVF treatment this didnt happened.

I had 3 follicles ready for those lovely sperms at Cryos Bank (which is not very far from the clinic). Yes, the nitrogen tank was heavy and I didnt lift a thing , but DH was in agony just lifting the tank for a few minutes. Over 10 kilos , I am sure that was. We took a taxi (Dan Taxi) and total we spent going there, taking the tank in and back (245 dk krones = 27 pounds total).

Denmark treatment was fantastic, so much thought and dedication. Even the receptionist took the time to explain things to us. The nurse explained everything about my DÏUI treatment, she said in total I will have 8 millions sperms and it takes 20 minutes to reach the tubes. Consider that naturally only a few make it to the top, 8 million (highly motile) is good for us. Danish people speak perfect English.

So the nurse said, we are waiting for the Dr now to inseminate. The Dr came in dancing and told me "I am going to inseminate you", very funny. ;D  I said yes, I am ready but I was very nervous. Just a lovely experience. He then showed me a big bump coming from me, saying "you are going to be pregnant". It felt like a blessing at the same time.  :)   I'll named it little xxxxxx blessing baby.

Prior to this, we came in around 10am to drop the sperms (Cryos Bank), I asked the embryologist how long it will take for the sperms to defroost, she said 1-2 hours. Then they said we can inseminate you in an hour, initially I had an appointment for 1:30pm. Then we gave her the tank to take inside. Then the receptionist said " you have good sperms, we dont need to prepare them" (wash them). We said, yes we do. The lady said "we dont have to prepare the sperm" and is ready to go in 30 minutes, but I think it was around an hour before insemination took place. We payed 280 euros (excluding shipping) for MOT20 .The best! I couldnt believe it, Cryos Bank ( we went inside, we saw the tanks ready to ship for other ladies abroad or here", it is amazing. Must have experience  ;D , seriously diary it was a good thing to see. There was a guy coming in to give a sample, he went in quickly looks like he was a regular. I am not sure, but I think they get some money for their service.

SO thats it, the nurse gave me a pregnancy test and told me to let them know the outcome. We said, of course and if doesn't work we will come to their clinic again. We payed total 1.500 dk krones (164 pounds) plus 67 danish krones (7 pounds) for the Pregnyl. Insane how much they charge back home for both the treatment and medications , 7 pounds for Pregnyl (back home it cost 50 pounds).

I just had my breakfast and we are ready to move to another hotel in the city. 2 more days of pure relaxation. Thank you Denmark, you gave me more than I asked. Dh is in the lobby, hehe. We can stay until 12pm , then we are going to the city.

See you tomorrow, hopefully they will have internet in the other hotel.

Lots of love

Hope xx

PS; coming 6 days was the right thing.

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Dear Diary

^2ww^ is so hard to wait, but we must wait. Harder than I thought.

About to leave Aarhus for England. Will miss Denmark and its people.

Love

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Good Afternoon Diary

5dpo

Back in England  :) , came yesterday travelling from Denmark, landing on time and then travelling across England.

I am feeling cramping since insemination, whether it is normal (I don't know). I am reading about this and lots of women are saying that it is normal after D-IUI to experience cramping.

Feeling a lot of emotions - positive , negative, happy, sad. Will this happen for us?

Tuesday I am starting my new job :)  working in the hospital , hopefully that will keep my mind busy.

Till tomorrow,

Ciao

Hope xx