* Author Topic: 1st time IUI Clomid, Puregon, Pregnyl , BFP TWINS  (Read 40113 times)

0 Members

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
  • “For this Child I Have Prayed” I Samuel 1:27
Dear Diary  :)

The sun ^daisy^ is out today. Happy Days!

I feel the need to write to you and tell you everything (whats happening, symptoms, moods, etc). I am waking up with strong cramps (period pain), like this morning. Oh my, that was strong this morning. They say it is normal to have cramps, so I am not complaining, give me all the cramps  :) , It is a pleasure to have them. I still have sore boobs and yesterday night DH told me they look bigger  ::) , I said "you are right", I can see it. I am trying to keep my stress level down.

Today I am off to buy DH his birthday present- I wont say much here in case he reads this (sometimes he checks my English grammar ;D  and teach me to say it right , I am practicing my English too). It is going to be a nice surprise. Honey if you read this, I LOVE YOU ^hugme^ ^reiki^ .

I am off now, thank you for listening. If I have the time I will write more later. During the week I am not going to have the time to write to you (due to coming home late from work), but I will do my best.

Love to all my FF friends ^hugme^ , hoping your dreams come true.

Hope xx

Later on:

Hello , it is me again (I made a promise to see you again ;) ). well I have to record a few more symptoms. All relevant.

I am having a minor cold,  it says it is normal to have a cold early pregnancy. Also my legs ache (feeling cramps lower leg/ankles) and I've read that it's also normal  :o , something to do with the use of calcium, or the baby is using the calcium. Also reading slow/low blood flow. Seriously it is painful :( .

Anyways, I am cooking for DH lentil pasta. Lentil is good for you during pregnancy. I am trying to eat less (what I mean less junk food, more protein, fibre and fruit/veg) today I was not that hungry. I am going for salt mostly, and sweet are a thing of the past  ^eyes^  I had a sweet tooth and now it is gone.

This is a miracle, keep checking things and had tons of ovulation kits (I think I bought about 40) and used one today and a smile came on. A lot of women use ovulation kits to test for pregnancy and I am still pregnant :) .

I am off now, must cook the pasta.

My life in pictures and fertility blog:  https://vegiemamablog.wordpress.com/

Love to all my FF friends

Hope xx

PS; just sent an email to Cryos Bank and Maigaard clinic thanking them for their help :) .

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Dear Diary

Today I will talk about how my decision to do D- IUI came about and why sometimes unplanned things works better (such as in this case). I am so happy to be here and hopefully my story will inspire other women. I am a natural helper. I have learned that sometimes you have to act fast and our decision was fast to do this treatment. Please do not take any of my thoughts personally as I am not here to hurt anyone's feelings, me and my DH suffered infertility for some many years and our pain still there. When we were crying no one cared and that was the reality for us. You feel very much alone with this whole procedure and torture when you see other people having kids and say " why me" "why why why". You question life, God, your neighbors, etc. You question everyone with kids and say to yourself " whats wrong with me" "why is she so special?" (meaning someone with a baby/child). Questions that I will never ask if I had children naturally. Thats why I feel this disease (according to the World Health Organization, infertility is a disease) its a cruel disease that plays with your mind and body all the time (makes you question everything, makes you believe things that are not true). Of course, nothing is wrong with yourself, it's the way this disease acts on you. so so cruel...

They say "it goes away once you are pregnant", believe me it didn't go for me. I still feel the pain. 

Previously coming here to write to you, I was cleaning my guest bedroom next to our room and I've found a letter from Care Fertility  ^eyes^ , yes the shocked face came again and also a :( smile, so I read the letter ending "**(my name) has poor ovarian reserve and there is nothing else we can do". Without doing any tests in advance of course you cant do anything for me! ( they blame that the NHS for not providing further testing). I touched my tummy thinking " we proved them wrong my child". They did make our life hell after the IVF treatment with lies, and no evidence to prove I have poor ovarian reserve.

I felt unhappy reading this letter, really hurts :'( . My brother said one important thing, "if someone doesn't help you, do not listen to them". My brother was right and we took his advice. It really hurts when people are saying things without even doing anything for you. I made an appointment to see the gynecologist (another ^swear^ as I wrote previously), and told him I must have the HSG test to see my tubes as I cant spend £6000 on egg donor treatment not knowing whether I had hydros (I had chlamydia in the past). The gynecologist agreed but was still telling me lies about that I will not respond to IUI-D. We had asked him whether IUI is for us, and that was his response "No, you will always be a poor responder" So I begged him for me to have the HSG saying I need it as IVF is expensive due to my past history of chlamydia and I cant afford for things to go wrong. He was unsure about giving me this procedure, saying it is pointless, but finally he gave up as I was crying so much in front of him and there were patients waiting - he did it to get me out of there.

My tubes were patent (clear) and it took hard work to have this test done (2 years). Asked our "GP" in 2010 requesting this test, he didn't care....and so our tears and continuous sadness continued. 2005-2008 worst year of our lives, enduring infertility was hard. It can rule your life and it did for us. I had to drop out from University as a result. :'(  My finances were suffering. I was clinically depressed and took 3 years anti-depressants  :(  to cope with my loss. Finally went back to Uni and finished my MA degree. Life was hard! We didn't get any support from any GP, counselor, nothing. You have to help yourself here.

and so the story goes on...and I am winning the battle with the NHS doctors.

The three lovely ladies from the x ray department were so nice (doing the HSG), I said to them " you are going to help me to have a child" (with a :) ) , I think they were impressed and they knew how much I wanted this. The procedure was not painful. The lady performing the test said " I'll show you the tubes, the left side is clear, and so was the right" clinically she said "they are patent" in order words clear. she said she had to put more dye into the right and it became clear. She also said " the chlamydia didn't damage the tubes"

I started to cry :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  with joy and relief  and touched the screen and I said thank you thank you so so much ^hugme^ . I came out of that room and DH was outside the reception and I said " we are going to have a baby". Everyone listened and said "awwwwww"... I will never forget it. Dh was so happy and so was I. We celebrated by going to a famous Italian American restaurant - wonderful day  ;D

So we said "that's it, tubes are clear we are having D-IUI". You need your tubes clear to have IUI and mine were done two months before the treatment. They said you are more likely to become pregnant 3 months after the HSG and so we did. We started to look for clinics (our eyes were on Scandinavia) and also we looked into Reprofit (Brno, Czech Republic).

I was so curious to find where Cryos Bank was and it is based in Aarhus (Denmark). I said to DH " thats it we are going to Aarhus". "The bank and clinic are based in the same location, we are going there"
    . I've spend all my wages for this trip and my parents also helped us financially and also looking after the pets. Dont forget that my story was also inspired by a lady from FF friends, she went to the same clinic. So that's why I write my story to help others.

We were conditioned to believe for many years that we will never have kids and we were starting to believe these Doctors. you don't want to believe them,but you feel helpless (financially, emotionally, physically, sprituality) You become disabled by their input, thoughts.

The HSG changed everything for us and so our instincts. The HSG is a must have procedure before IUI.  Hysterosalpingography (HSG) done by the NHS or privately. Truly, Maaigard clinic in Aarhus were perferct in their dealings with us from start to finish, answering every email by the next day and always calling us if we requested it.  they acted fast when they needed to and because of this we are pregnant.  Also because Cryos were so close to the clinic we were easily able to collect the sperm ourselves.

I am still early days of my pregnancy but I just want to say to all my friends @FF go with your heart, you know your body best. No two cycles are the same, no two medications are alike, no two days are the same, no two Doctors are the same. You just need a nice happy doctor (a dancer, like in our case), a good cycle, best medication (same meds are much cheaper in Denmark), and to have a good day always helps with IUI  :) 

All the best ^hugme^  to all my FF friends. ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  stay strong.

Love

Hope xx

PS: 15:10pm digital clearblue shows 2-3 weeks pregnant  :) , one more test and that's all. I am still in shock ^eyes^ . Sorry for the long message and my English grammar.  ^hugme^ ^reiki^ 

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Dear Diary

Long day!

Feeling very tired, a bit nauseous, and cramps (very mild, off and on, not all the time), big boobs, very thirsty.

Off to bed soon.

Tomorrow off to see the GP.

Goodnight diary, and to all my FF friends. ^hugme^ ^reiki^

My life in pictures and fertility blog:  https://vegiemamablog.wordpress.com

love

hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Dear Diary

Off to see GP ^reiki^ :) :) :) :) :)

See you soon , will say more later :)

Later on

Just seen the GP, he said I should stop doing pregnancy tests (so far I've done 7 :) ). He said he has no reason to believe my pregnancy will not go all the way. This is my first pregnancy. We have an appointment to see the midwife on the 31st May (exactly 8 weeks).

Dh and I are having a day off , GP said to take some time to enjoy the news. ;D  I agree. They gave me a green booklet about my pregnancy and information I need to fill and tests to follow.

I am eating healthier, more vegetables, fruit, orange juice, lentils green vegetables (contains folic acid), and lots of water. We love Aldi, they have Aldis stores in Aarhus (Denmark). I really enjoyed my trip to Denmark from staying in the hotel in Standstead (Radisson Blu), hotel in Denmark (Scandic vest and city centre), walking across town, getting help from a lovely danish lady and paying for our bus tickets and saying "have a lovely holiday", shopping, going to the museum (http://www.aros.dk/), I want to do it all over again and get the same result.

Symptoms today: going to the loo a lot (forever now), tired, cramps, big (*) (*), little irritable (says my DH), bloated, romantic (says DH).

Anyway, I am off now. Have a good day FF ^hugme^ ^reiki^ , lots of  ^reiki^  energy. You can make it happen!

Love

Hopexx

PS: Date 7.05 diary notes, DH checked my grammar, now is easier to read :) , also he added more things from his part.

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Dear Diary

Off to work.

Symptoms: mild cramping, and very very painful lower legs (cramps) since yesterday. They do come and go but it is a normal sign of pregnancy.

Must go, tomorrow it is Saturday (this week went fast)

Later on:

Came home so so late, very tired indeed. My manager did the mother to be risk assessment  :) , and told me how well I was doing.  I am willing to stay longer if I have to, staying inactive is not good for me or my baby. I am only 5 weeks and I do not feel pregnant, just experiencing minor cramps, leg cramps, and going to the loo a lot.  ^eyes^  Also I am feeling so bloated!.

DH wants to take me to IKEA tomorrow- a place I couldn't go before my treatment. Kept seeing mothers with babies/children and that was killing me :'( . Hopefully tomorrow I will see IKEA in a more positive way.

My very best to those who are having treatment. ^hugme^ ^reiki^   I am thinking of you.

Love

Hopexx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Dear Diary

Woke up after 10.5 sleep  ^eyes^  yes a record for me.

Symptoms: tender breast (painful), leg cramps, nauseous (improving after eating), tired, sleepy, bloated, and lack of motivation. This is for my own records :) , just to know that I am not imagining anything. Also, I am going to the loo like there is no tomorrow.

Yesterday I was so so tired, I felt like I haven't slept for days. Anyways, I am watching pregnancy blogs online, it is nice to see how other women progress with their pregnancies. Some give prizes away ^eyes^ .

So I woke thinking what could possible made this treatment so different to the first one? Before I started my treatment, I was taking Royal Jelly x 3 months (which they say it is good for the eggs), vitamins and wheatgerm (containing folic acid). I drank lots of green tea and coca cola ^bigbad^ , but now I don't do neither of them. Also, the treatment and care was the best in Denmark.

My brother is moving to the USA soon, I so much want to go to America for a new life :) . DH says that we cant go until baby is born - we couldn't have done this treatment in USA (it is more expensive there).

I am off to watch more youtube movies -maybe that will calm me down. Feeling so tired despite having lots of sleep :)

Take care everyone and lots of  ^reiki^ , it can happen.

Love

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    Dear Diary

Morning sickness ^eyes^  : felt sick all day.
    Cramps (pm)
    tired
    Hungry ? only certain food , salty mostly

That's all for today

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: 1st time D-IUI, Clomid, Puregon, Pregnyl , BFP
    « Reply #37 on: 17/05/12, 21:09 »

Dear Diary  ^hugme^

5weeks 5 days :)  - Hello to Morning sickness

Feeling nauseous all day, had to leave work after 11am, DH collected me (had 2-3 moments where I was going to vomit  ^eyes^ ). apparently it is a good sign to feel morning sickness. I am also sleeping a lot. I can deal with the symptoms, but when it comes to work I cant  :-\ . I work in a hospital and I need to be well :) . Part of the process. My colleagues were saying "dont worry, you have another 6 weeks of these symptoms". ah yes I know, they were laughing  ^eyes^ ..hehe very funny it was I couldn't stop laughing myself, they are nice people- first 12 weeks  ::)  all told me to go home and rest. Lets see how I feel tomorrow. I travel a lot and close spaces makes me sicker.

I don;t want to eat anything. I used to love food , now I feel like I have to eat because I have to :) . I said to the baby, give me all your sickness, I will protect you my child.

I have to go, thats all for now. If only I can eat like I used to...

Was recommended to have crackers to avoid the morning sickness -will try that :) 

Here is a link of my life in pictures and fertility blog:  https://vegiemamablog.wordpress.com/

Hasta luego

Hope xx

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #38 on: 20/05/12, 19:19 »
    Dear Diary

6 weeks 1 day

I am feeling nauseous- yesterday I was in bed all day (it helps). I am forcing myself to eat, but I am not hungry even drinking water is hard to keep down. I am craving for salads, cold food, fruits. All the good stuff. Sometimes I am craving for some food and later I change my mind ^idiot^ , so strange ^eyes^ . DH went to Morrisons for some pies (I really wanted some pies) then 4 hours later he made it for me and I didn't eat it :-\  , just had the salad with some spinach. He had it at the end. Maybe it is a way for the baby to say " I only eat well, no junk food mummy". I really want to find a way to eat more (like I used to)- but it is hard when you are feeling nauseous all the time. Your body changes all the time. You want to eat one thing, then you change your mind when you are having that meal.

Other symptoms - cramps (legs) mostly in the morning before waking up, very tired, and increased Cervical Mucus.

The good news is that all these symptoms are a good sign. So I am not complaining :) , just recording this for my own records.

Tomorrow I am off to work-hope I don't feel too sick :'( . the travelling is a  ^swear^ . I need this job to keep myself busy and make some £££. 

I am off to bed soon, it is early but I am having an early night :)

Goodnight to all my FF friends, stay positive ^reiki^ . I always say to people who are having a hard time " life doesn't stay the same forever, things do change". I believe G-D helped us.

My life in pictures and fertility blog: https://vegiemamablog.wordpress.com/

Love

Hope xx ^hugme^ ^reiki^

Offline Hope2005

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #39 on: 25/05/12, 19:52 »
    Dear Diary

Morning sickness! :(  Now I get it... figuratively and literally.

6 weeks 6 days - reaching 7 weeks tomorrow.

Yesterday was a major vomiting day - I went to work in the morning and later in the afternoon my sickness grew stronger. I was watching Eurovision and suddenly I vomited 3-4 times ^eyes^ , I felt so much better afterwards.

Today I felt good during the day- had a good day at work but now I am feeling sick again ^eyes^ . I guess it is natural , but I am expecting more to come. I cant eat much :( , this is what worries me. I used to enjoy food.

Other news:

My cat  ^cat^ is back home safe after going missing for a day and a half. She was waiting to get in outside our door- what a lovely surprise, I was crying for my loss, but now she is back home.

DH has been great , cooking, cleaning, gardening, shopping, feeding the animals. what more can I ask?

Lets enjoy the weather!

Have a lovely evening ^hugme^ ^reiki^

Stay positive girls!

My life in pictures and fertility blog: [/font]https://vegiemamablog.wordpress.com/[/font]

Love

Hope xx